Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: j/fit 36" Basic White Foam Roller
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: White|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$19.00+ Free shipping

on February 2, 2011
I would highly recommend watching the video found on the same page as this product. They explain the different colors of foam rollers. That will give you an idea of which one to buy. The white one is the least dense (and least expensive) for those that don't weigh much or prefer a softer roller. If you prefer a firmer roller that will also last a bit longer, go with the black roller. It is high density foam. The blue roller is EVA, which is high density foam with a softer feel (the best of both worlds). The textured roller is good for beginners, also made of EVA. So, do your research before you buy or review a product, and you won't be dissatisfied. Of course the white roller is going to break down faster. It is less dense and less expensive. You get what you pay for, so if you are fine with a softer roller that might break down quickly (it's a great price), then get this one. Otherwise, upgrade to the black or blue roller.
22 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2010
I have issues with my hip and lower back, rolling them out hasn't solved the problem yet, but it definitely makes my day a lot less painful. It feels almost like you are giving yourself a deep tissue massage. The 36-inch is definitely the way to go also, the smaller ones don't help me as much at least. I use it up to 2 times a day, 15 minutes at the most. I am definitely happy with this purchase and highly recommend for anyone with a tight lowerback and hips!
on July 13, 2010
I encountered Foam Rollers while in rehabilitation for a knee issue, they work like a charm. Essentially you become capable of giving yourself deep tissue massage. That being said... the only down side of the Foam Roller is that (just like Real deep tissue) there is a fair amount of pain before the stress relief. All in all, this is an excellent way to manage stress if you get it in localized areas (for me my Thigh, IT band, etc.) and is pretty much fool proof. There is an ever-expanding knowledge base for different exercises to isolate certain areas of the body. Great tool for the price :) Holding up well over the months I've had it so far. Highly recommend!
on August 27, 2013
I was very happy with this foam roller for the first few weeks I used it - foam rollers are pretty simple, and there's not much to go wrong. I started to notice after a month or two that it no longer rolled very well and inspection revealed that it had started to compress in on itself mostly on two sides, turning it from a round roller into a ovoid roller.

As time went by it continued to shrink into itself (like melting plastic), and now the diameter in the middle is easily a couple of inches less than the diameter at the outer edges. The ovoid shape has become more pronounced to the point where it's no longer a foam roller and more of simply an awkward foam rocker.

Honestly it's been a long time since a product has let me down so much, especially one with so many positive reviews. I purchased a "real" high density roller for a few bucks more and so far it has been rock solid. Usage note: I use my roller for ~10min 3-5x a week and weigh just over 200lbs.
on November 19, 2013
This foam roller has just the right amount of firmness to get deep into the muscle without feeling uncomfortable. I work out 7+ times per week, so at least one area of my body is sore at any given time. I use this roller regularly to keep soreness at bay, and I've noticed a diffeence in the intensity (less) and the duration (shorter) of the soreness. Great product.
on April 6, 2008
The reason I purchased this roller was because a friend of mine had one and I had used his and liked how it felt when I rolled on it with my back. His was a different brand and had flattened out on the top and bottom from use. I have been using my roller every day now for over a month and this "double density" roller has kept its shape. I spent a lot of time on the internet researching prices and this was the best deal I found and it is made of superior quality material. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a firm foam roller.
on October 23, 2013
I've owned the roller for about 6 months and used it a total of a dozen times. It's my first roller and it works great for massaging my legs and working out any knots in the muscle tissue after a long run or leg workout.

The issue with this foam roller is that with the last couple of uses, I've found that the roller material compresses and it stays compressed. It started as a nice round cylinder, but the middle part, which gets used the most, is turning into an egg shape. It seems that the foam material it's made of is starting to break down after only a dozen uses. I consider myself relatively light at about 160lbs, but it's enough to crush this roller. Maybe I need to lose weight to use this thing.
on October 24, 2011
For anyone who is going through physical therapy for their back, this product brings the therapy room into your home. I use it on the floor with my back on it and then slowly, slowly roll up and down my spine. It can help break up knots and you'll feel more comfortable after. The roller came in excellent condition and was delivered much faster than expected.
on December 24, 2014
Great quality, great price (20$). Same size and firmness as the one used in physical therapy. Happy with this roller which I wished I didn't need, but the exercises have helped. If you need one, I recommend this one.
on November 21, 2011
If you are new to foam rolling let this cheaper intro roller give you a taste. It works great for all basic rolls for both myself (5 foot 6 inches .. 145lbs) and my fiance (6 feet .. 210lbs).

We don't use it that often, just after hard runs and heavy leg days. It's holding up fine and was a cheap way to try this out. If I was serious about using it once or twice a day, I would invest in a nicer one. For us, it's perfect.