How fast is the focus? In comparison to other popular cameras like Nex6, Nikon V1, Oly models?
asked by Pankaj Sharma on July 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
It's pretty fast .I am not a camera dealer or equipment wonk .If anyone wants to send me one of each of the cameras you listed I would be happy to test and compare .Although to do a complete test we should include the Leica M-E. You should get the optional veiwfinder and as many batteries as possible I have four and that is not enough .
Dman answered on July 1, 2013

A
vote
I woul'dn't be able to tell you because I never used those other cameras. But I had no issue, what so ever with its focus. Try the review on the site dppreview is very detailed.
Sergio S. Mulinari answered on July 1, 2013

A
vote
I usually shoot with an Olympus E-P1. The GX1 focuses at least twice as fast, but then I am usually doing landscape or portrait shooting, so the GX1 speed advantage is not that important to me. However, I feel the GX1 firmware produces a softer (some might say "creamier") output on both jpg and raw images, so I usually reserve it for portraits of humans and continue to use the E-P1 for the bulk of my work. If you are interested in shooting sports, the fast focusing of the GX1 is far superior to the E-P1, which is next to useless for that application (unless you prefocus and wait for the shot).
B. Kiacz answered on July 1, 2013

A
votes
I'm sorry, but I am not specifically knowledgable about those particular cameras. I am very satisfied with the speed of my GX!. I just turned it on to focus on my sleeping dog and it came into focus in about 1 second. That is with my 14-42 lens. I did not purchase Power Zoom and I think it might be helpful with my 45-200 mm lens. Adjustment of ISO for dim light settings is amazing. Hope this helps. Sandy
S. King answered on July 1, 2013

A
votes
don't have any of the other cameras to compare with. but I'm satisfied with the focus speed in my use.
Jake Pan answered on July 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›