When the cover is folded back does the magnet keep it securely in place or does it flop around when open while reading?
asked by Mary Kaull on July 29, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
When the cover is folded back there is no magnet to hold it in place. The cover bends all the way back easily. If you hold the back of the kindle, the cover flops down. But, it you bend the cover all the way back and hold it under the kindle, the weight of the kindle holds it in place comfortably while reading and it will not flop around.
K. Kime answered on July 29, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
When the cover is opened like you would a book cover, it acts just like a book cover! When you fold the cover back ( behind the kindle) the magnet does not affect it. The only time the magnet comes into play at all is when you close the cover. The magnet keeps it closed. My old kindle cover for my Generation 2, had a piece of elastic to keep it closed. Now the magnet keeps it closed.
S. Smith answered on July 29, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The magnet doesn't hold the cover in place from the back; it is simply a mechanism that allows your Kindle to turn itself on or off when you open or close the cover, and it keeps it held fast in front of the Kindle.
CGH answered on July 29, 2013

A
Hi Mary, no, the magnet doesn't hold the case open but the way I use it the cover doesn't flop around. It's very slim and easy to hold onto with the cover back.
Mark Kadrich answered on July 29, 2013

A
Magnet only holds it closed, not open.
RonFWA answered on July 29, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It does flop but its such a small flaw, really.
seapearl answered on July 30, 2013

A
The cover is loose when it is open, but it folds neatly behind the device. In other words not an issue in my opinion.
Jens F. Naas-Bibow answered on July 31, 2013

A
It folds behind and this does not bother me. The magnet does not hold it in place when it is open. But I would highly recommend the cover.
Charlotte answered on July 31, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, it does not flop around, the cover is great I love it
Janis Divine answered on August 5, 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on Jul 31, 2013 2:25:32 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product