Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2011 2:54:21 PM PDT
I will eat fish but no other animals. Do you have to be a meat eater to do this diet?

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 5:26:28 AM PDT
athybaby says:
No, there is a lacto-ovo option to follow

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 10:52:46 AM PDT
Tomorryo says:
Technically pescetarians can do this diet. (I'm one too!) But in my opinion, it is so restrictive that it almost drove my husband and I insane after 1 week of following it. Here is what pescetarians are allowed to have:

Certain types of fish
Shellfish
Nonfat milk
Nonfat plain greek yogurt
Boiled eggs
Splenda
Oat "galettes" which have to be cooked every day
Tofu - it's unclear whether unlimited quantites of this is allowed
Lemon juice
Herbs

To do the diet and not go insane like us, you'd have to be willing to cook every day, and you'd have to be pretty creative since the book doesn't have many recipes in it. I couldn't keep up with the oat galettes, so we started having plain yogurt with oat bran and Splenda in it instead. Reminiscing about this makes me nauseous, but I will say the diet did work - I lost about 7 pounds in 7 days. If I did do this again, I would follow his alternate plan of 2 days of "pure protein" and then 5 days of regular food, repeat (I only wanted to lose 20 pounds). I have bad memories of hurriedly throwing together a lunch of plain tofu cubes, lemon juice and herbs! You definitely need to be willing to plan meals ahead of time! I think if I wanted to lose weight again, I would go vegan instead or just reduce my portion sizes. Hope this helps!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 12, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever
The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever by Dr. Pierre Dukan (Hardcover - April 19, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (891)