Customer Discussions > Television forum

47-55in LED TV ideas?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 3:14:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 3:15:59 PM PST
Eric says:
Currently my family is looking to upgrade on our TV. We have had this Vizio 37" LED TV for over 2 years now and have been quite please with the picture quality. VIZIO M370NV 37-Inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV with Razor LED Backlighting, Black However, we're looking to upgrade the size of the TV to somewhere in the 47"-55" range.

Anyway, I've been struggling with finding a moderately priced LED TV with a sharp picture and none of the extra features (3D, Smart TV, etc) as they hike up the price. Plenty of basic LCD's are out there like that but not too many LED's seem to be. And while I'm not against purchasing a basic LCD of a LED I have come to really enjoy the vibrant colors.

Basically we are looking for 47"-55" LED TV with a high quality image. 60hz more than acceptable refresh rate as well but the standard seems to be shifting to 120hz (in my experience 120hz has caused weird "halo" effects on a lot of things I watch so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue).

The best I've seen so far is this TCL TV which is at a good price but not actually being able to SEE the image in person I have no idea if it's good or not. Plus it's an off-brand name as well (but so was Vizio 2 years ago). TCL LE48FHDF3300ZTA 48-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV with 2-Year Limited Warranty (Black)

Anyway, thanks for your help, everyone.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 2:52:12 AM PST
MikeT says:
LED is an LCD. LED is just the bulb technology being used to back light the LCD panel.

Just ignore the other features you do not want. If you try to eliminate potential TV's because they include features you do not want/need you will drive yourself batty! Concentrate on the important aspects like price & picture quality, pay no attention to additional features you may never use.

I don't know anything about the TCL brand but I'd be very leery of off brand TV's. Some of the biggest names in electronics are struggling with their HDTV sales. If these big names are struggling then a new startup brand may really have financial and support issues in the future.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:23:44 PM PST
Rotpaw says:
We purchased a 50" Insignia (Best Buys private brand) about a month ago and love it...while it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, we were not looking for those features, as we have those in a Samsung 3D model. It is a great TV, wonderful picture, sound and very nice looking in our family room. Model NS-50L240LA13
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Television forum (974 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Television forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions