Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Television forum

42 inch HDTV with gaming in mind, any opinions on a great one?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2012 9:08:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 11, 2012 9:12:59 PM PDT
KungPoo says:
I know it's been discussed over and over but one thread was 3 years old so i thought i'd ask new

basically my Sony tubed hdtv is dying or needs work but 200 lbs and the repair won't be easy or cheap so i figured maybe time to go thin and new tech vs a tube.

I will want it to look great and play great for the xbox on 1080p as the old tube worked great for gaming. no lag at all.

So LED, plasma what's the general consensus these days and what brand. I've been a sony TV guy for 20 years but they can be a pain too.

I spent 2 grand on this one but that was so long ago.

I'd love to be at 500 but i will pay more if its worth it.

Suggestions please and tyia

I just looked at this one and it seems about what i need since i'm used to a 34 inch and gaming is said to be good on it.

Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:54:41 AM PDT
Zarbon says:
I think the most important thing is that you go with an LED not a plasma. When you're gaming you have the radar and the ammo count in the corners of your screen. On a plasma this will definitely cause a burn-in image and not go away. When it comes to gaming LED is a must. Although I am a Samsung guy the TV you chose in the link seems like a good buy. Here is another recommendation that you could consider:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+40%22+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+Smart+-+HDTV/4837552.p?id=1218540192699

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 2:56:37 AM PDT
Zarbon says:
I also recommend reading the reviews at the bottom of the page for each of these tv's or any other tv that you look at. You could alos go to CNET.com, go to reviews and type in the model number of a tv that you are looking at.

Just remember, if you buy from amazon or best buy you usually can return the tv for a full refund if your not happy with it. I would double check to make sure.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 5:37:11 AM PDT
Xbox BoxX says:
If you want to see what everyone else is buying at amazon, and whats the best prices and movers and shakers.. hit the following amazon link:

http://goo.gl/z4uE1

It updates hourly, so you always get the latest info as far as an hdtv set goes
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Television forum (989 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
FiOS without the set top box? 86 8 hours ago
Limited 4k HDTV Selection on Amazon 0 May 23, 2016
Do they still make HDTVs with an Alarm Clock feature? 13 May 18, 2016
Fixing Poor Sound On LG TV 16 Feb 23, 2016
My 5-year old Sony gives me channel information, why can't my new Samsung? 1 Feb 23, 2016
Looking for a TV with "Turn On/Event Timer/Alarm Clock Function" 0 Feb 11, 2016
Turning the TV off if you're away for a few minutes? 69 Jan 31, 2016
What size TV for my bedroom? Also 1080p or go 4k? 1 Jan 14, 2016
What TV should I get? Sony or Samsung? Product link included. Plz help :( 43 Jan 7, 2016
Are HDTV tuners limited to twenty saved channels? 2 Jan 7, 2016
Samsung Extended Service Plan 25 Dec 16, 2015
is Pilot Freight any good for TV delivery? 38 Dec 3, 2015

This discussion

Discussion in:  Television forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions