Customer Discussions > Television forum

Best True Motion 120hz TV under 40 inches?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2012 12:00:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 12:03:18 AM PDT
CaliHeat says:
Hi everyone,
While some may hate it, I LOVE the "live, soap-opera" look of True Motion 120hz TV's. It seems every time I watch a movie with it on, its like a completely new (better) movie. I want to know the best TV's that have this effect (minimal ghosting/response time etc.) 40 inches or under because I am living in a small apartment (with roommates) and I would use this TV in my bedroom.
Thanks,
CH

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 7:45:03 PM PDT
Why? It makes everything look fake and artificial.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 4:59:52 PM PDT
Cavaradossi says:
Mr. S. Polland

CaliHeat told you why: she loves the effect. That is her right. (I'm assuming CaliHeat is a woman. If not, it doesn't change the point of the post.)

You may not like the effect, but clearly a lot of people do. 120 sets sell well.

On my next set, I plan on getting one that includes 120. All the controversy has made me curious.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:33:08 AM PDT
F. Terling says:
I think the 24p effects how movies look more than the 120hz. the 120hz is more for eliminating motion blur and I don't think you really get any kind of "Soap Opera effect" from the 120hz.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 1:48:19 PM PDT
CaliHeat says:
I also like it because it preserves detail in fast moving scenes. For example, I did tests where I compared the robot transformations in Transformers bluray with Tru-Motion on and off. With Tru-Motion on, the intricate details of the machines (gears, circuits, wires) as they were transforming were blurry and distorted. With tru-motion on, I could see all those details very clearly and the transformation overall looked WAY smoother.

Now, if anyone could recommend some good 120hz TVs as I explained in the topic post I would appreciate it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:32:06 AM PDT
F. Terling says:
well what is your minimum size? generally it goes like 15"-26" then jumps up to 32" occasionally you will find a 37" then 39" then 40". LG makes a great 32" TV LG 32LM6200 32-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses its alittle on the pricey side but it pretty much has everything you would need. Unfortunately in most smaller models don't really support things like 1080p and 120hz mainly because its not as ideal on a smaller set as opposed to something bigger. I have the 65" version of that LG model and I love it. If you are looking at something at 40" samsung offers a few TVs in that range that offer the 120hz. Panasonic makes a pretty good LED 37" Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E3 37-Inch 1080p LED HDTV but if you are going to go with panasonic I usually recommend their plasmas. Other than those I don't really recommend Vizio. A lot of people talk about vizio some good on occasion mostly hit or miss but when they miss they miss pretty hard. LG,Samsung,Panasonic are really the brands to go with in regards to TVs. I mean Sony is still pretty good but not really that great they seem to be slacking in the quality department and just don't seem as competitive as they used to atleast in the TV department.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 3:09:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2012 3:16:11 AM PDT
CaliHeat says:
Okay I'm reviving this thread. I haven't gotten any TV's yet but I am looking now since I go back to school (college) in two weeks. If anyone can list/recommend 120hz tru motion/clear motion TV's UNDER 30 inches, that would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: This is the only thing I've found: Samsung UN22D5003 22-Inch 1080p Clear Motion Rate 120 LED HDTV (Black)
which is a good price for 1080p, but I'm not sure if the 120 Hz CMR is what I am looking for to get that "live/soap opera look."
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Television forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions