Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Television forum

Can someone tell me the difference? (Samsung)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 4, 2012 2:25:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2012 3:04:26 AM PST
MikeT says:
Most all HDTV panels (LCD or plasma) are rated at 100,000+ hours, and LED is LCD.
At 100,000 hours that is 8 hours of TV -EVERY SINGLE DAY- for 34 years.
At a more reasonable 4 hours of TV per day (i.e. you have a life) -EVERY SINGLE DAY- it is 68 years.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 10:13:39 AM PST
Pansy says:
how long will an lcd,led tv last

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 2:11:56 PM PST
Scruffy says:
Hey C. Charlton, Any chance you willing to sell that 24' Sony Google TV? I'm looking everywhere for the 24/32' models but can't find in stock.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2012 4:39:34 AM PST
C. Charlton says:
Ya that's what I did, I found someone else was also already logged into the Netflix and I couldn't find how to log them out, guess they didn't know either. But that was just unacceptable though, they didn't even check the contents when the last person returned it and it's a high ticket item.
I was also disappointed with two things in the short time I had it, the Smart features were pretty slow and Netflix version didn't have subtitles available, and the speakers were also pretty weak, they had a tinny sound to them.
@C. Hunziker no it does not have Amazon instant Video. Even though there was an update available which would open up more apps but I didn't bother to do that.

I'm looking into possibly getting a Sony now instead, otherwise I'll just get a non-smart 120Hz HDTV and get a Google TV add-on instead, which is was I want to avoid, connecting extra stuff. Problem is I may never find another 40" Smart TV at such a good price $600

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 8:19:33 AM PST
L. Wilson says:
If you can get rid of the Samsung do it. Do not get another. The picture will start to go out shortly after the warranty is out and Samsung doesnt care. Check the blogs.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:13:06 AM PST
C. Charlton says:
Sorry I haven't been able to answer your question as yet, I haven't tried the TV out because of a complicated situation. When I opened the box, all the packaging inside was already opened by someone else, and the screen was marked up with what looks like pen ink as well, also a part was missing and 2 of the screws.
Now the store is out of stock for that model, and when I called Samsung they said they stopped manufacturing the 2011 models and are focusing on 2012 models, so I was told to go back to the store and see if they can order another one from their dealer, see how that works out later tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 11:35:03 AM PST
C. Hunziker says:
Hi, C Charlton. Did you find out if this tv is amazon instant ready? The amazon website does not list it as wuch but it is a smart tv. I am looking at this one as well. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 8:24:39 AM PST
C. Charlton says:
Oh and this is just a TV for my bedroom by the way, replacing a 24" Sony Google TV, which I got last September to replace a 27" Panasonic CRT that finally died on me.
And how can I find when this TV was made?

Initial post: Jan 31, 2012 8:09:30 AM PST
C. Charlton says:
I recently purchased a Samsung UN40D5550 from BJ's for $575. On Amazon the closest thing in features and model number is the Samsung UN40D5500 40-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black), there is no proper page for the D5550. I say close in features because about the 5000 series you get 120Hz.

So there isn't a comparison sheet for the D5550 here like the others, but just looking at the box it says it's a Smart TV and has Samsung Apps. My problem is I'm having trouble finding information or reviews on it, most searches including a description on Samsung's website say it's ClearMotion 120. I don't see any indication of that on the box though, and the description at the store said it was only 60Hz.

Can anyone tell me more about this TV before I open the box up? Did I strike a good deal?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Television forum (990 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Television forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions