Customer Discussions > Television forum

Which is better Samsung or Sony LCD (for watching sports/Blu-ray movies) with 60 hz refresh rates?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2012 11:31:10 AM PST
Corbett N. says:
Please help
Your reply to Corbett N.'s post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 2:28:33 PM PST
Lee says:
samsung all the way!!! my father in law has a more expensive sony than my samsung and mine looks way better !

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 4:52:41 PM PST
S. Button says:
Had a Sony 40", worked fine but it has a feature that will constantly change color tempo and doesn't have a toggle to shut this off. Drove me nuts.
Went to a Samsung 46'' and am so happy I went this way.
Packer games look AWESOME. Other NFL games look good too, but the Packers are so much better.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:28:57 AM PST
Corbett N. says:
Wow, Samsung is pulling ahead...no Sony lovers???

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 12:15:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 7:08:42 AM PST
K MavAZ says:
Personally I would go Panasonic Vierra. Have a 50in and picture quality is great and I have only a 720p resolution. My father has one for over 5 years with absolutely ZERO issues which I believe is more important when considering the purchase of a TV. Reliability and longevity far outweigh the picture quality if a TV lasts only 2 or 3 years.

Update 1/29/12: I recant my statement after speaking with several sales personnel. Samsung is rated #1 and Sony #2 for LCDs and Panasonic is rated #1 for Plasma units.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 5:14:32 PM PST
Joseph Izzo says:
I bought a Samsung 40 inch 60hz 1080p d550 set and while it was okay, the viewing angle was terrible. Had to sit pretty much in the middle to not have it looked washed out. Also the color temperature seemed to spike into the blue/purple hues. Took it back and got a Sony 40 inch 60hz 1080p KDlBX420 and i am very happy with it. Piture is outstanding.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 5:28:02 PM PST
Corbett N. says:
Field is pretty split online on this question. But my dad has a Sony 4b ish lcd and it's incredible. Thanks for the feedback.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Television forum (981 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Television forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions