Customer Discussions > 3D forum

3d processor needed for LED 3d compatible projector?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 6:35:40 PM PST
Cinema Optix Hdx650

Says it's a 3d compatible projector. I'm using a Sony 3d blu ray Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black) with some Vizio passive glasses. Do not see any 3d effects. Do I need to get a 3d processor (but states for use with DLPs) and active glasses?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 12:34:58 PM PST
Ummm..... read the instructions?

I figured it out by reading the product page (including the reviews).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 8:14:32 PM PST
Ummm...instructions doesn't specify what type of processor is needed. I didn't see any specific instructions on the product page. The review was helpful but wasn't there when i initiated this question.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:28:14 PM PST
Shaune Lewis says:
You can't use passive glasses with this, LG has a passive projector available but it's big money many thousands otherwise you would have to use 2 projectors with a processor for passive. If it is 3d It would have to be active and DLP-link 3d glasses sync to the 3d by sensing the link flashes on the screen only DLP devices can do this.I just don't have enough information to help you out more. I have an Optoma HD66 3d projector and I have to use an Optoma 3d-xl 3d processor for 3d.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:32:29 PM PST
Shaune Lewis says:
after checking it out more it appears it uses IR infrared active 3d glasses and transmitter, but I have no idea which ones would be compatible.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:37:16 AM PST
David says:
Most budget projectors (<$500) require separate equipment called 3D processor (~$200 value) which is connected in between the projector and your media player... These are called 3D-Ready projectors.

More expensive projectors that are marked 3D do not need a separate unit.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 5:15:43 AM PDT
ak_bartender says:
Thanks... first time projector owner, just now learning about 3d processor, was about to buy glasses... but thanks to you... I'll buy a processor first that works with my projector and then glasses for that processor.. A big help for me... Thanks!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  3D forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions