Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > 3D forum

3D movies showing as split screen (top bottom) or blurry?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2013 3:48:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 3:50:08 AM PST
Brad F says:
My setup is listed below and I also have a used 2 different brand new high speed HDMI cables (3D rated).

I have tried to play two different 3D movies (Brave 3D and Under The Sea 3D). When I first play the movie my TV asks if I want to display in 3D and I select "okay". It then splits the movie up into two screens on my TV (top and bottom).

I can usually stop the playback and start it again and then it will display the movie on a single screen in 3D but the picture is very blurry. The image in the foreground (usually a persons face) looks clear but the background images look blurry. When we use the Disney 3D configuration menu, it says to close one eye and you will see "buzz lightyear" and close the other eye and you will see "woody". However, I can see them both faintly when I do this so I know the 3D signal is not coming through properly.

I think I have played with every setting on my blu ray player and 3D tv and can't get this to work. I get the impression there is a conflict and my player is sending a signal to my TV that they tries to covert it to something that does not look great on my screen. Any advice?

Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black)LG 47LS4600 47-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED LCD HDTV

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 5:36:43 AM PST
Eburner says:
I too have just gotten a Vizio 3d ready 1080P HDTV, but want to get the right cable. I have a rocketfish high speed cable, but I too got the split screen; and never got to see 3D. What cable will shoe 3D with out all the BS? Thanks for any help with this situation. :)

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 6:04:57 AM PST
Brad F says:
This one seems to work okay and its cheap: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (10 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:55:56 AM PST
Eburner says:
Thanks; I was just considering that very cable. Now all I need to do is decide if I need 6 feet or 10 feet ( hey, I might get both! ). :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 6:38:21 AM PST
Brad F says:
Go with the 10ft. I made the mistake of doing the 6ft and it was a few inches too short. DOH!

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 2:33:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2013 2:35:57 AM PST
H. Brown says:
I too bought a Vizio 3D TV. To try and make sure that there wouldn't be any compatibility problems, I bought a Vizio 3d Bluray disc player. We watched Journey to the Center of the earth with the cheap cardboard glasses and everything was fine. Then we rented a cable TV movie and ended up with the low-high split screen. Tonight we started to watch "Blood of Ohma" (an eBay purchase) and this time we got a "side to side" picture? I hope someone can help me get this high tech BS to work...I mean I've got some serious money into 3D!

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 7:22:34 PM PST
Carlos says:
I might look like an ass because you might already have tried this but...in my vizio when I get that I just press the 3D button on my remote 9or you can do it on the tv menu) and select output: 2D/3D "(I select 3D) and when it asks for input: 2D SBS(side by side) TB(top bottom) Sensio I always select SBS which are the only movies I have and it goes to 3D I hope that help

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 1:30:05 PM PST
H. Brown says:
Carlos A. Silva, no, you don't look like an ass to me. Your tip corrected my problem. THX!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 2:37:15 PM PDT
L. P. Jacobs says:
having the same problem too i have a smart tv

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2014 2:38:44 PM PDT
L. P. Jacobs says:
im having the same problem i have a smart tv did you get it resolved

Posted on Jul 4, 2014 2:43:40 PM PDT
L. P. Jacobs says:
im playing from my playstation 4 to my toshiba smart tv

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2014 8:02:01 AM PDT
Brad F says:
I tried some different HDMI cables and that seemed to fix the issue.

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 1:35:28 AM PDT
Eburner says:
Can you be more specific please? Isn't the current HDMI standard 1.4a, or has it gone further? Thanks for your post and your helpful info. :
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the 3D forum (221 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  3D forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions