Customer Discussions > 3D forum

Blu-ray 3D recorder/player?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 28, 2013 3:42:17 PM PST
I've just bought a new Vizio 55" 3D Smart TV but have nothing to play on it yet. I was wondering if there are such things as Blu-ray 3D combination recorder/players since it would be nice to find a 3D movie on Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, etc. and record it so it could be played again in the 3D format at another time. I don't have any DVD or Blu-ray disks either, and would prefer not to have to buy any if I can get 3D movies though my TV's apps.
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2013 4:49:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 4:50:05 PM PST
Bronze247 says:
Panasonic makes one.
If your tv does 2d to 3d conversion, you'd be able to convert whatever content you're watching into 3d.
If it can be played through the tv, it can be converted.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 5:23:08 PM PST
Unfortunately, no 2D to 3D conversion with this model. It's the one feature I wasn't able to get with the other things I wanted more that came close to what I could afford. Even though I couldn't go from 2D to 3D, I'd still like be able to record both 2D and 3D programs/movies to play later. Do you know the Panasonic model?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:25:49 AM PST
You could always check here..

If you want to see what everyone else is buying at amazon , and whats the best prices and movers and shakers.. hit the following amazon link:

http://goo.gl/z4uE1

It updates hourly, so you always get the latest info as far as as 3d and bluray 3d and low prices.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 9:10:58 AM PST
D. Barker says:
All services are pay services from my understanding. You can watch downloaded 3D movies on these TV via these services, and your cable providers will eventually if not already broadcast 3D movies. So yes you can watch 3D without buying a 3D player and 3D movies. My question would be though, why? If you could fork out the money to buy a 3D TV it would make sense to fork out the money to buy a 3D player and some movies, or at least have the ability to play them if you buy them later or a friend can come over with some. 3D movies can be inexpensive, and players are less than $100 when you find them on sale. I bought a highly rated, very capable player for about $90. I have bought combo movies (3D/blu-ray or 3D/blu-ray/DVD or 3D/blu-ray/DVD/digital copy) for about the same price at getting the blu-ray by itself.

Read the ratings for some of the 3D movies and you will see people really enjoy them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 11:21:09 AM PST
Thank you for your thoughts. I have been watching rented 3D movies but have no desire to buy any since I don't care to see the same one over and over again. I'd simply wondered if there was a recorder/player that would allow me to tape unwatched 3D movies available from my pay per view services, and free ones via Comcast's Xfinity and Amazon's Instant Video, to view later. If I were to go the Blu-ray player route I'd probably get the Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player for $89 from Amazon but have finally decided on TiVo.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 11:26:36 AM PST
Harold Old says:
duy a 3d converter box

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 6:23:15 PM PST
Whats the model # Of the Panasonic. mathnuttwo@verizon.net

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:34:56 PM PST
See above: DMP-BDT220
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the 3D forum (216 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  3D forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 28, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions