Customer Discussions > 3D forum

3D glasses for mitsubishi 3D DLP, model # WD73740

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2011 1:12:10 PM PDT
I recently bought a Mitsubishi 3D DLP 73in. TV. model # WD73740. Can someone tell me which of the two models of the 3D mitsubishi glasses would be best? I understand one pair has an emitter, one doesn't, however this TV has its own built in emitter.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011 8:16:28 AM PDT
Jbal says:
Assuming you have a newer model display, you may be able to turn off the dlp link and use the IR emitter type glasses. My unit is a 2009 version (WD73C9) and when I attempted to use the glasses provided with the Mits starter kit including adapter and emitter, I saw a washed out loss of contrast picture with a greenish/brownish tint. After reading some posts in forums, some believed that the light emitted from the tv from the dlp link caused that and using the Optima 3D DLP link glasses eliminated it. I tried the Optima glasses and the difference was astounding. Beautiful contrast and color and amazing 3D.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 11:06:40 AM PST
Linda Jent says:
My emitter bit the dust. Should I pay to replace it or go the dip glasses route? My tv is a mitsubishi capable. Tv. I found an emitter that would handle both ir and dlp glasses, but am unsure if it would work. It says it is not the same as the kit emitter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 12:45:19 PM PST
Jbal says:
Use of the emitter is very different from DLP link. You don't need the emitter with DLP link glasses. I would order a pair and give them a try. By the way, with my Optima 3D DLP link glasses, I needed to reverse the polarity setting in the TV menu for proper 3D.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  3D forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions