Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > 3D forum

3D TV with Blu Ray w/o 3D

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 10:58:26 AM PST
R. Lee says:
I have the Samsung LCD UN557000 which is 3D will a standard Blu Ray DVD player allow the 3D on the TV to play, although the blu ray is not 3D

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:06:04 PM PST
No. The Blu Ray player must be 3D capable. Regular Blu Ray players cannot play 3D discs.

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 9:44:30 AM PST
Mark says:
The better question here is whether the quality remains the same when the TV converts a blu ray movie from 2D into 3D compared to when you have a 3D blu ray player with a 3D TV? Is there any difference in the 3D quality?

Posted on Jan 28, 2013 4:39:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2013 4:41:04 PM PST
Bronze247 says:
A pure 3D source always looks better than converted, upscaled 3D lacks a bit.
You'll also see the difference in a movie that was converted post production verses a film shot in 3D.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 5:46:35 AM PST
MADASHE77 says:
Cable offers 3d movies, like on on demand. Can I still watch it without the 3d blueray player?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 10:46:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2013 10:47:34 AM PST
As long as you are watching it on a 3D TV, I would assume so. This assumption is based upon my experience with a newly purchase LG 55" 3D TV. It has a premium feature in which 3D features are obtainable over WiFi. Since I do not have a 3D BlueRay DVD player, yet, I watched several of these features in 3D and they were definitely three dimensional. The signal sent by your cable provider should therefore be basically the same as that obtained over the internet and you should be able to watch it in 3D. Additionally, the signals that the cable company sends to your TV do not go through your DVD player; it would be impossible for even any type of DVD player (3D or not) to affect the cable signal (also 3D or not 3D).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the 3D forum (221 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  3D forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions