How do you get rid of Pine Snakes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 6:14:49 AM PDT
How do you get rid of Pine Snakes?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 12:25:24 PM PDT
I've always heard that Moth balls will repeal any kind of snake. Just scatter them around the yard where you've seen the snakes and under things where they can hide. My sister-in-law swears by this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 2:44:20 PM PDT
Todd Harmon says:
Yes this worked for us, I think. We put moth balls under our Ibis 8 Piece Modern Wicker Outdoor Sectional Furniture Set with Sunbrella Heather Beige (5476-0000) Cushions and I have not seen any snakes in that area again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 8:09:01 AM PDT
Zzip Zzowie says:
Are the moth balls harmful to anything else? Like my dogs or the plants or the lawn?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 11:33:51 AM PDT
Daniel, moth balls ARE toxic to pets and children. It's not the best solution to get rid of snakes. The best thing: Eliminate hiding places, clean up all debris, wood piles, rock piles & things that attract rodents (which attract snakes). I don't want to be surprised by one, but I don't mind snakes around--unless it's a venomous one. Perhaps the reason moth balls may be successful is that they are toxic to other animals & so it kills off anything a snake may want to eat. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:29:19 AM PDT
kd4pjq says:
spread pulverized (not granulated) lime around your yard. It is great for the plants, non-toxic to animals but snakes don't like it because it burns their bodies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 5:31:44 AM PDT
Highly toxic!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Patio, Lawn & Garden Tips and Tricks forum (196 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions