best gloves for roses. Finger tips keep wearing out

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2012 10:54:37 AM PDT
Sarah says:
Which are the best gloves for roses? My finger tips keep wearing out!

Posted on May 27, 2012 11:47:18 AM PDT
spread a little liquid nail on the palm side of the glove fingertips, let dry

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:46:09 PM PDT
Pearl says:
Use "mechanix" gloves from the hardware/auto parts store. The thorns do not penetrate the fingers and they last years.

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:19:03 PM PDT
Gma says:
Thanks for the tips on gloves.
My leather ones have holes in the fingers I use most, and I need replacements asap!
Your reply to Gma's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 5:52:53 AM PDT
K. Struthers says:
I know this is going to sound silly, but i bought a pair of 12 inch plastic kitchen tongs at the dollar store and use them to grab the rose stem while i cut it.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 6:59:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 8:27:43 AM PDT
VonMalcolm says:
I was always looking for a full fingered glove for working out at the gym - a guy at the gym was wearing a pair of full fingered gloves which turned out to be from a company called 'Bionic'. I bought three different pair: two pair I use at the gym and they are lasting longer than other gloves I have tried and one pair I am using and abusing in my garden work -I am in my second year with these gloves. I think the two pair I use in the gym are gardening gloves and the one pair I use in the garden are 'heavy duty' worker gloves (but they are not bulky at all -just tough). I have used the one pair in dealing with roses, but my roses are being semi-neglected as I am re-landscaping the rest of my yard. I don't know if this will help... just my two cents!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:56:56 AM PDT
Sews4you says:
In addition to needing gloves for rose thorns, I needed them to be long because I'm always scratching my forearms. My son bought me the perfect pair, from Bear Wallow Glove Company through Amazon. The Protector Rose Gauntlet Gloves They have a flexible leather hand portion and a rough leather forearm portion.
The gloves are long, almost to the elbow and the hand portion is so flexible it is like a dress glove so you can feel what you're doing. They are the best garden gloves I ever used.
The also have terrific customer service; I need to exchange for a larger size and they were extremely cooperative and didn't charge for shipping the exchange.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 11:57:57 AM PDT
Blue Hawk One Size Fits All Unisex Leather Multipurpose Gloves
Item #: 37595 | Model #: LGP03

Elbow length leather gloves do the job and dont wear out. I use them for gardening and I can spray them clean and when they are dry rub a little vaseline on the palm/finger section. Lowes usually has good selection in store.

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 5:38:57 AM PDT
rob mendez says:
any idea where I can find these elbow lentgh leaather gloves? None in my local Lowes

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 10:23:20 AM PDT
Sews4you says:
Read my review here...

The Protector Rose Gauntlet Gloves

Bear Wallow Glove Company
The Protector Rose Gauntlet Gloves

I still use constantly; they really protect my arms (and I have very thin skin from medications, and it tears easily). I leave them on a chair next to the door so I can grab them quickly. The upper portions are still in perfect condition and the suede "hands" are only dirty, not damaged at all. I know they're expensive but they've replaced at least 4 other pairs I would have bought in the meantime! 40 reviews and all but one are 5 star (one was 4 star).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2013 6:03:29 PM PDT
K. Struthers says:
if you want to try local, check out a welding supply place. i have used my husbands gloves from the steel mill.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  May 27, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions