Bubbler or mister to attract hummingbirds

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2012 6:42:00 PM PDT
J. Smith says:
I saw a stone, dish-like bird bath that was really only a bubbler in the Birds and Blooms magazine last month. It looked to be maybe 12-18 inches in circumference and could easily sit on a table or bench. I have searched everywhere for something like this, in stores and online. Any ideas?

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:25:44 PM PDT
I have the same problem. I finally bought a personal mister from lowe's that looks like a piece of pvc, and attached to a hose puts out a fine mist. I am hoping that when used it will attract hummers, but I am thinking I may have to keep looking. Try a bird supply store like Duncraft or google online. I think we'd both have better luck!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 2:36:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 28, 2012 2:37:10 PM PDT]

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:38:50 PM PDT

also, try this link for good tips.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 5:27:21 AM PDT
DBrooks says:
I'm looking for the same thing. Or, a bubbler I can put in my bird bath. I have looked everywhere. No luck.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 10:23:10 PM PST
there is a stand alone, brightly colored "s" shaped plastic pipe that connects to a garden hose which puts out a very fine mist. it stands about three foot high at the nozzle. It is usually a seasonal item at the big box stores for the kids to play in when on vacation from school. Try going on line to a big box store.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2013 8:19:14 PM PDT
Lindaj1951 says:
Do you know what the name of it is? "Bright colored 's' shaped plastic pipe that connects to a garden hose which puts out a very fine mist...it stands about 3 foot...is usually a seasonal item at 'big box stores'? for kids..." is difficult to try to describe, OR even find online?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 1:48:56 AM PDT
if you want to attract humming birds to your house, hang some sugar water colored with red food color in a humming bird feeder. they will come and they will stay. the more feeders the more humming birds. also red or orange shiny ribbons or streamers hanging from tree branches will also get them flying in to see what's happening. so have some red super sugary water treats for them to mack on. we do and the hummers even learned to share, sometimes three birds to a feeder will stand still and feed at the same time. and the different colors are amazing, so hang them right out side of a window to enjoy the sights. weird fact about hummers, their tongues are almost as long as their bodies.

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 2:38:48 PM PDT
I had one of the S shaped kizmos that attaches to the water hose, I found the mist coming out of it was HOT, (I detached it and thru it in the garbage) I assumed the mist was hot because the water hose was lying in the sun. The spray from one of these kizmos is not what you want for any bird. Try the bubbler, it sounds like a safer bet. Unless you want your birds flying thru
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Patio, Lawn & Garden Tips and Tricks forum (196 discussions)


This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  May 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions