What is a ecco friendly mosquito eliminator?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 4, 2012 3:39:22 PM PDT
Dan says:
My family would like to enjoy our backyard however when we go into it, they see the buffet line starting as we are their meal. We do have a swimming pool with small lawn and landscaping.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 6:53:15 PM PDT
Add a pump to all of your water features. The mosquitos are breeding in the standing water and they can't lay eggs in moving water

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 12:49:28 AM PDT
maruja says:
A drop or two of dish washing detergent on standing water, forms a film (invisible to us) on the surface and the mosquito larvae cannot fly out of the water when they hatch. I use it on the bird bath, even if we rinse and re-fill it every couple of days. we see very few mosquitoes. I also grow fragant herbs(basil,oregano,rosemary,thyme, etc) and brush some on me when I go out in the yard; they buzz by but no bites. Also try a Citronella plant, but do not rub on you, it is toxic.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 12:28:43 PM PDT
HOW DO YOU GET RID OF FUNGUS NATS

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2012 7:46:44 AM PDT
Keith,
Start your own thread about fungus gnats. This one is about skeeters!
P.S. Is that a rel insect?? Never heard of 'em.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 2:44:28 PM PDT
Mrs E Vowels says:
I have been told that I can make a mixture of dish washing liquid and water to spray on my plants to get rid of mosquitos and that I can also use a mixture of dish soap and water to water my plants a few times before bringing them inside before winter. What is the ratio of soap to water?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 11:20:18 PM PDT
Clint Laurie says:
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=aviati02-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B000MRD5JO

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 6:23:26 PM PDT
Rookie says:
Make sure it is a gentle soap... Suggest Ivory...

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 12:21:50 PM PDT
J. E. Neukom says:
bats; nice, friendly, voraciously hungry bats.

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 7:31:49 AM PDT
jjl says:
scented geraniums... AKA mosquito plants. Has a citronella smell. Like geraniums, you can take cuttings and make more plants. Put them in flower pots and bring them in, in the winter. I have one I have taken 100s of cuttings from and is 2-3yrs old.

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 4:50:53 AM PDT
Citronella plants work for me. Really, I have one in a pot in the patio and no more mosquitos !!

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 1:44:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2013 1:46:02 PM PDT
Victoria says:
This has been an on going battle with the white fly insect. I have tried washing every leaf underside with a mixture of dawn soap and water. They still keep coming back. I do this almost every week. What can I do to make them go away forever. Oh yes I also pick off the dead leaves or any droppings of leaves on the ground, put in a bag then in the trash. It is way to hot here to use any oil base products.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2013 1:50:14 PM PDT
Victoria says:
When you say Fungus nats! Do you mean White Flys? They leave a black coating on the leaf on the top but under the leaf it is all white and the white flies fly every where.

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 7:07:26 AM PDT
Carol Stein says:
Put some listerine in a spray bottle. When you go out to your yard or patio, spray some around the edges of your seating area. Mosquitoes will leave you alone.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:17:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2013 9:20:56 AM PDT
My daughter who is in environmental, her teacher said Olive oil in any standing water. Won't hurt other animals or the land but smothers the mosque from getting to the surface for air. Ie eggs can't mature. It works. Even near marshy areas reapply as necessary.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:18:10 AM PDT
Large fans for porch areas work also

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 9:22:07 AM PDT
Remove any unnecessary standing water so they can't breed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions