Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2012 12:06:20 AM PDT
tried spraying, traps, and baits, can't get rid of the litttle monsters, any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:06:11 PM PDT
Rivershack says:
We use "Terro" bait houses..... Terro kills them but be prepared for 100's of ants to come eat from it... then after 3-4 days, no ants at all. They carry the sweet poison back to the nest and it kills the colony. We live in a very remote area near the water and this works! Good luck.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 5:22:03 PM PDT
ptanne says:
Easy, cheap (available on any restaurant table), no smelly, greasy sprays, can't hurt your pets. Nothing is so perfect! It's called "Splenda" or "Sweet & Low" or any other artificial sweetener. These sweeteners have a similar structure to DDT. The following URL takes you to a Bing search page where you can confirm this information. Cut and past the following into a new tab:

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:22:04 AM PDT
massangler says:
Look up Boric Acid Ant killer on any search engine. For $5, at Home Depot, you can get enough boric acid to last the rest of your life. Mix with sugar and water or grape jelly to make a paste, set out in empty soda cans or cat food tins, soon you'll have no more ants. They bring it back to feed the queen. Boric acid erodes the exoskeleton of insects. Dead queen = dead colony.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 9:45:51 AM PDT
Remember one thing. They have to crawl up and into the camper from outside. If you spray the power cord and the water hose and the tank dumping tube with ant killer spray they will not cross that boundry. You can also spray the tires and ground area where those things touch the ground. The stronger and longer lasting the spray is the better. If the thought of touching something that may have had killer spray on it bothers you buy some disposable gloves.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 5:35:44 AM PDT
Marsha says:
Well, you know what it does to the human body. Splenda when digested becomes chlorine gass which then destroys the Liver. NeutraSweet is called Sweet Poison and will after a few years cause type 2 diabetes, cause brain damage because it's a neurotoxin plus many other problems in your body. For myself, I use is raw sugar or Stevia, which is a plant and is so sweet you only have to use a small amount. I'm afraid I didn't figure this out until I caused the damage with diabetes. I quit drinking diet anything around 15 years ago. The only thing anything artificial is good for would be to kill ants. The FDA is suppose to protect us from anything that causes health problems but I guess they like the kick back they get from the companies that produce this product. For 15 years they wouldn't allow NeutraSweet on the market because they knew it was poison.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 5:54:47 AM PDT
Marilyn Read says:
You are exactly correct. Years ago we found Terro and over the years have kept it on hand to use when necessary. I'd also like to tell you that if in a house, "ring" the entire area outside, around the entire house!, with Diazanon. Hope the spelling is correct, but applied in the winter and early Spring almost completely assure you of an Ant Free home.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 8:03:53 AM PDT
comet with clorene bleach put it all around trailer and any where you see them about two days thay will be gone
sharon r

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2013 6:11:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 8, 2013 6:12:43 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 18, 2013 1:47:12 PM PDT
Deb says:
when we lived in Texas there was a new paper article about using jus plain corm meal for ants. It worked perfect, not harmful to kids or pets. The theory behind it is the ants eat it then get any type of moisture and it causes them to explode! if they carry it back to the queen she will eat it and destroy the nest. We used this on fire ant hills that were pretty large and it took a couple days but it did work! Very cheap too! Good luck, just put a trail around your camper or on the counter where you see them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2013 9:25:09 PM PDT
those this work on roaches

Posted on Sep 5, 2013 3:14:58 PM PDT
Maxforce ant jell.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2013 1:32:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2013 1:36:59 AM PDT
rockergal says:
neighbor told me to put out bay leaves so tried and where I was seeing them no longer have. Had never heard of this before but is working for me. This is inside and outside put baking soda around the outside and ants wont cross that line.

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 3:45:01 PM PDT
Home defense from the home depot will put a sudden stop to any ant for a long time.

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 7:09:23 PM PDT
chuck says:
you more than likley have piss ants really small and verry industrieous. they nest in the insulation in your walls. if you can go to a hardware store and get the raid fogger bombs. they are long lasting and you will spend a few days bombing them. i did mine one bomb every six hrs for three days then left things alone for a few days. and no more ants or spiders killed them in the walls and there was no way out of it. have been ant free since three yrs

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 12:11:31 PM PDT
Bob Peterson says:
Staying for a few weeks in a remote camp-ground, we had ants in the bathroom. They came up around the plumbing. I was told, and it worked... to stuff "BOUNCE" around the pipes and into any openings. No more ants,bugs or spiders.

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 8:09:45 PM PST
M. Reuter says:
I have had ants nest in the attic and also under the tile counters in the kitchen of my Duplex. This works inside and on trails outside. Be prepared to see wide trails of ants after the word is spread. Do NOT kill any as they are taking it back to the nest and the more ants you see, the bigger the nest. Will take three days, so try to be patient. Mix 1 table spoon of Boric Acid Powder with 1/2 cup of Green Mint Jelly and smush it on cardboard if the trail is vertical tape it to a wall across the trail. A trail going up the wall outside I just smush it right on the wall. In several places on the same trail. Not to worry it does wash right off when the job is done.

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 6:37:58 PM PST
T. Besch says:
terro makes a liquid bait trap that works amazing. at first they will swarm like crazy, then after they take it back and forth to the nest it hits the like the flu and they all DIE. best solution i've found.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2014 2:49:49 PM PDT
HolySchmokes says:
EXCELLANT!!! I'm a Louisiana Snowbird (summer in Michigan) & everytime I go south I stumble into a fire ant nest in our yard! Painful!!! I'm looking forward to sharing a little Cornmeal feast with them! Thanks for the info!! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2014 2:51:43 PM PDT
HolySchmokes says:
Bay leaves work for earwigs too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2014 7:08:15 AM PDT
M. Earl says:
I get ants every year, and I've seen the ants AVOID and run away from these "Terro" bait houses, don't waste your money

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2014 7:12:11 AM PDT
M. Earl says:
Wow! unbelievable..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Patio, Lawn & Garden Tips and Tricks forum (198 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions