Customer Discussions > Action Figure forum

buying vintage here on amazon- product photo probs

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 19, 2012 9:40:17 AM PDT
Daniel Elman says:
I have made a few successful purchases here on amazon of vintage carded action figures. Aside from sorting through the price-gouging comic book stores to find the accurately priced examples, one other problem arose:
the product sample image. It is difficult to tell if the picture is the one on offer for the particular seller who has one listed, or if it's a stock image uploaded by another customer or seller who already sold that one.
The ones I bought I was able to get in touch with the seller, and have the seller directly e-mail me the photos of the ones I would buy, so I knew for certain.

But on two other occasions, the sellers wrote me back and refused to do so, and in fact they told me not to shop with them or buy the product. They also said they were stock photos and not the one they would ship. In fact, it turned out there were inconsistencies in package style and variation between what was shown and what you would get if you bought it.

I'm just wondering if any other vintage collectors had this problem here on amazon, and what you did about it, any advice you could offer.
As I said, I did have a positive experience buying here, but it just seems like it's very difficult to buy vintage here. You have to jump hurdles to make sure of what you are getting. Comments? advice?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Figure forum (18 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Figure forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 19, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions