Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Which video game do you think will be a good movie.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 267 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 25, 2011 2:15:07 AM PST
Space Monkey says:
The first "Manhunt" from PS2.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 3:08:35 AM PST
pokemon red

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 9:58:24 AM PST
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!!

Except if it was live-action. That'd be creepy. Well, we always have Sonic OVA.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 9:41:51 AM PST
WildOat says:
Dark Souls

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 8:37:59 PM PST
Danny Biddle says:
Red Dead Redemption. But they could never find the right actor to play John Marston or Dutch.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:39:22 PM PST
Nicos says:
Sweet Lord, no! Haven't you ever seen Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition)!? Next thing you know your children will be channeling the dead trough the TV and corpses are gonna be popping up in your swimming pool.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 8:03:09 PM PST
Myles says:
Don't give Blizzard stupid ass ideas

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 7:39:39 AM PST
Gordon says:
HITMAN!!!! Hitman is an awsome movie and one of my favorites of all time. It is one of my most watched movies right up there with favorites like Grandmas Boy.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 8:52:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2012 8:56:28 AM PST
i think that assassins creed would make for a decent movie so as long as the back drop as well as using the story line in the first 2 parts and some of brotherhood were in place, revelations was good but i just think lacked in regards to a decent finale say like uncharted did with their 3rd / last instalment and yes uncharted is from what i understand alreay headed to the silver screen so i wont use that one., wet comes to mind although a few sim movies have been made but i still like the name as well as the idea's that what into the game . Diablo would be one which i would like to see based on just my love for the game. heavy rain was like a movie ,lol.. and as many games that come to mind both old and new i must say that you could take the games name, the story as well as the names and convert them into a movie without much change if any and i have to go with assassins creed and half life.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 2:05:39 PM PST
nooo says:
an elder scrolls movie not based on the games but on the lore-like tiber septims path to uniting tamriel or the great war

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 6:22:18 PM PST
L. Meeks says:
twisted metal, prototype, left 4 dead or dead island, and dead space not as a anime

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 8:38:38 AM PST
M. Gariti says:
If Fox Media or Pixar did a Panzer Dragoon Saga movie in 3D? Oh man!

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 5:53:55 PM PST
Spider says:
Bioshock 1 & 2

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 7:04:26 AM PST
Cora says:
I think Vin deisel would HAVE to be Kratos i see it just too easily xD

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2012 4:37:54 PM PST
I ditto Dead Space. Enough of the crappy CG cartoons already ><

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:39:59 PM PST
I shall say it again. MASS EFFECT!

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 8:49:02 AM PST
Cora says:
If they made a God Of War movie, they would ABOSOLUTLY HAVE to have Vin Deisil (sp?) Casted for Kratos. No acceptions.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:44:49 AM PST
Dead Space would make a creepy horror sci-fi thriller.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 2:23:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 2:26:43 AM PST
V. Butcher says:
Hm, I've read all of these posts and I am a little upset...

First off, like 90% of the posts mention new games as movies, i.e. Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Fuel, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, and The Elder Scrolls. But I think about all the movies that were based on games that came out on the big screen, and they all were made years after the games were released, weren't they? O.o

Then, like 6% of the posts are all about making a Zelda movie, which I honestly think would make a horrible movie. I saw the spoof movie trailer on youtube and thought "AWESOME!" but then if you think about it, could you really imagine a guy dressed as Link running around for 2 hours? I couldn't; I just see Legolas from LotR with a silly hat rescuing Legolas from LotR in a fancy dress :/

Then I saw like 2 posts about some old classics that would make good movies, someone mentioned if Pixar made Panzer Dragoon, that would be great, but John Lasseter wouldn't copy other franchises I'm sure.

And there are so many people who think all video game movies suck, that makes me sad...a lot of the movies were bad, like Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter, House of the Dead, Doom, Bloodrayne, Max Payne and Tekken, but I thought there were some great ones. You guys didn't like Double Dragon, or Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, DOA, or Prince of Persia? Even if they venture away from the story, it was still fun to see the characters come to life and deal with the situations you knew they'd get themselves into.

Also, someone mentioned something about LotR being great because Peter Jackson stayed true to the story. I honestly don't believe that is the case. When you take a book, like LotR, that makes you use your imagination to visualize the world you're reading about, and then someone brings those images to life for you, you're going to love it. But when the pictures are there already and you don't have to imagine them, like from a game, I think that is where the difference lies. If you read a book about Kratos defeating an entire pantheon of gods, you would visualize it your own way, then when someone comes along to make it into a movie, you're going to love it. But if I saw a movie about Kratos now, yeah I'd still like it, just like I enjoyed Silent Hill or DOA, but the picture is already painted for me, I already know what Kratos looks like, sounds like, how he is in bed, no imagination involved.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine, it is just my own opinion.

Also, they already made one of my favorite games into several movies, Dynasty Warriors. It was a story about actual historic events, turned into a game, turned into an anime, with a few movies here and there. No one thought of that one huh? Red Cliffs. Go watch it on Netflix. You will love it.

P.S.-The Sims movie...yes I will see it when it comes out, even though it already sounds horrible ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 8:38:20 AM PST
Well, I haven't seen Prince of Persia, but yeah, I don't really consider any of the great one's you listed as good. When I was younger I enjoyed Mortal Kombat, but having seen it again somewhat recently, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. Haven't even heard of a Dynasty Warriors movie. Isn't Red Cliff based on the historical event? That doesn't count as a movie-game if that's the case.

The way Hollywood is snatching up licenses from where ever it can get them and slapping together a movie out of it has made me extremely pessimistic about not just game based movies, but movies in general. Right now, I hope my favorite games DON'T get turned into movies.

I think you do raise a good point with the books versus games based movies though.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 5:04:43 PM PST
PastranoK says:
Mass Effect all day! So much details and stories other than the main character's own. This game is begging to be made into a movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 8:50:32 PM PST
joboo65 says:
No brainer, Uncharted.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 9:57:41 AM PST
mel says:
Mass Effect

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 1:34:10 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 29, 2012 1:35:05 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 11:14:48 AM PDT
Already done, starring Pierce Brosnan
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions