Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Which video game do you think will be a good movie.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2011 9:06:50 AM PDT
Tigs says:
They have that in the works. Mark Wahlberg was rumored at one point to play him.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 7:33:34 PM PDT
D. Bernard says:
Mafia 2. Would be the second greatest Mob movie second only to The Godfather.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 7:48:22 AM PDT
God of War sounds good. Bioshock sounds good. Half-Life sound really good.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 12:25:26 PM PDT
AG says:
God of War would be epic, and Resistance 1, 2, & 3. Also Halo

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 7:11:45 AM PDT
Bioshock and Half Life 2. But befour we git into HL2 movies......Y U NO MAKE HL3, VALVE???

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:10:04 PM PDT
Mass Effect.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 7:58:25 PM PDT
Sam Marino says:
Metroid all the way!

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 9:22:16 PM PDT
Dark Tech says:
Mass Effect and Metal Gear Solid

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 11:08:40 AM PDT
SuperHiro says:
I'd say Metroid. That's honestly a pretty expansive sci-fi universe that's perfect for a good alien movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 12:11:27 PM PDT
J. Meadows says:
This would be appropriate. Hideo based snake off of escape from new york snake plisskin. Hell, Kurt Russel even sounds similar to david hayter.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2011 12:31:27 PM PDT
you do know snake is based on Kurt Russel in Escape from New York right?

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 9:04:58 PM PDT
'Splosion Man. It's the movie Michael Bay was born to direct.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 2:39:33 AM PDT
C. Wang says:
Asteroids

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:59:39 AM PDT
Leisure Suit Larry ... lol

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:14:26 PM PDT
GoldenEye 007.

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 9:10:35 PM PDT
J.E. Dugas says:
Being a metal gear fan myself, has anyone checked out the fan-made movie? Its free, though I don't recall what they named it off the top of my head. Do a google, its out there.
Personally, I crave Bioshock! I've heard the rumors that it comes up and silently disappears like a fart in the wind. But it'd be such an easy franchise to screw up, so maybe leaving the VG to movie curse is wise.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 9:35:55 AM PDT
Hodgezilla says:
Halo was in production but was stalled because of budget issues. There is no Halo movie right now.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 10:20:44 AM PDT
abizzell says:
To bad Postal was already done!

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 6:30:00 PM PDT
Saboth says:
Doom if it were actually done correctly. Meaning a portal to hell was opened up, and it was damn scary.

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 3:32:34 PM PDT
Splinter Cell. People would never know what hit them however, a movie that real would make people think outside the box and we cant have that now can we?

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 2:24:04 AM PDT
PONG

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:26:25 AM PDT
nadaa says:
mahjong solitaire, OH or bejeweled!!

Posted on Sep 4, 2011 4:35:29 AM PDT
BinaryEater says:
Beyond Good and Evil, Resistance Franchise, The Witcher Franchise

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 9:28:53 PM PDT
The thing about comic book to movie, or even video game to movie adaptations, is that the directors that make them really haven't played the games or really read the comics. most comic to movie adaptations work because they choose a very good actor, they have a well written script, and most importantly, and i can't stress this enough, KNOWING the background of the work they are going to direct. most directors fall short in this category because they think they know what most fans want in conjunction with what they want to bring to new aduiences. this seems to be the area most directors lack. granted some video games don't have much to go on in the first place and can be difficult to direct. however, it comes down to the person. they forget to site they're sources.

here's what i mean, if spiderman is supposed shoot web out of cartidges, or his wrists (from the movie spiderman) with a certain nerdy, yet cool attitude, and if wolverine is supposed to be a very tough individual with the sharp adimantium claws, i don't see why it's so hard for directors to make a film where jin kazama uses movies from his moveset in tekken, or having snake having his bad as-trounaut moments or whatever. the problem is that the people being put in charge of those projects often times haven't played, develpoed a bond, or otherwise understand the world that the video game developers have created, and that's where the downfall happens. if harry potter wasn't using his wand in harry potter, you all would be upset. ypu can't imagine that can you? same concept applies to video game adaptations.

the only good video game to movie adaptation i saw was a fanmade one based off of metal gear called Metal Gear Philanthropy and i was very impressdd with what they did with they're budget. it captured most of what the metal gear games have set out to do. if they can do that for a game, why can't other directors follow suite?

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 11:54:02 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
I would like to to see an Infamous movie starring Jason Stathem an Cole. He could do an amazong job with that character IMO.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions