Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 174 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 8, 2011 10:49:05 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I have been posting a lot lately. But sometimes I get in the mood and wax nostalgic. So what the Hades!

I have so many memories: Getting my NES when I was 11 and getting CastleVania and Double Dribble. Playing Zelda and Metroid the first time....

My SNES with Link's Awakening.

PS with Resident Evil, absolutely blowing my mind.

XBOX with HALO.

Those stand out. As does skipping school to play RBI and Tecmo Bowl as well as NHL 92/93. Later skipping work for Goldeneye and WCW/nWo Revenge....

Crap, I am going way off on a tangent. I would have to say the NES with the SNES and PS coming in a close second. Not far behind is the Genesis and N64 with the 360.....

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:29:55 AM PDT
tom says:
Nintendo 64 It was a major part of my childhood
Banjo Kazooie
Ocarina of Time
Pokemon Stadium
Mario 64

Such Memories

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:31:13 AM PDT
J. Hoyle says:
N64, SNES, or the original Playstation for me! I can't decide! @_@

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:49:33 AM PDT
Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64. I like them both the most.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 12:17:47 PM PDT
Vandigeth says:
My fondest memories are of the NES, but a very close second is the SNES.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 12:38:15 PM PDT
Bobby G says:
Ocarina of Time. Man, back when that first came out, no other game (at least that I had seen) could compare to its epicness and emotion. Link's blank face was just so... appropriate sometimes. One could portray his own emotions onto the game character very well. The music was amazing... I don't know. N64 wins it for that game.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:19:14 PM PDT
Jason says:
Some of my fondest video game memories are a bit unusual...

I played Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64 on friends and relative's N64s which is what made me want to get one of my own.

Playing Star Wars Episode I: Racer and Donkey Kong 64 are among some of my favorite memories on my N64.

Playing Star Wars: Rouge Leader as my first game on my GameCube as well traveling down the ENTIRE mountain in SSX 3 and playing Soul Calibur II with my friend for hours on end.

Playing Batman Arkham Asylum, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption have been my favorite memories on my PS3 so far...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2011 11:35:25 PM PDT
Agree with you. The N64 had so many great games. I'm still buying used games!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2011 1:31:29 AM PDT
S. Jamil says:
BANJO KAZOOIE...i know that one,ive got the n64 emulator playing that and zelda since my n64 died.Did you check out glover?it is awesomeeeee

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 5:07:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 10, 2011 5:07:26 PM PDT
River says:
The N64 has some of the best games ever; Goldeneye, Conker (Awesome MP), Perfect Dark, Ogre Battle 64, Mario 64, Zelda, some wrestling games, KILLER INSTINCT GOLD, Jet force gemini. Such a shame Nintendo did a a weak console like the Wii, if Nintendo makes a better console i will get back to the big N.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 8:53:17 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I had more fun with the NES and SNES because I was younger. But Goldeneye was awesome as was Zelda. But the WCW games were AMAZING. Mario 64 single-handedly made me purchase one.

It is all about the opening games. PS2 disappointed me as it had nothing really good....First game I played for my 360 was CoD 2 and it blew me away.

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 9:02:34 AM PDT
Judge Dredd says:
Atari 2600

The first true gaming console as it introduced cartridge format games, and all my friends had one for years of gaming.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 11:16:21 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I never owned a 2600 but my buddies did. I got a 5200 in 82 or 83 and it was AWESOME! I loved Football, Star Raiders and Countermeasure. Still works too.

I had a Jaguar too. Long live Tempest and AVP. Love that system.

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 1:28:49 PM PDT
For nostalgia's sake I've gotta go with the NES. That system defined video games for me as I still think of them today, and surprisingly few of its games really seem to have aged. It's the only game system I ever bought two of, and they're both still hooked up in my home to this day! I have well over 100 games for it and I still buy used ones from time to time. Even my five-year-old daughter thinks the games on the NES are amazing, and frequently will ask me to play Castlevania or Contra. :)

However, I might have to say that the N64 is a very close tie! THAT sytem was downright revolutionary, and I will never forget the rush I experienced when I first laid hands on that brilliant controller and played Super Mario 64 for the first time. I was totally content just to run around in the castle's front yard, it was so amazing. I tossed and turned for hours the night before the N64 launched. I couldn't get a wink of sleep because I was literally so excited to run out and buy it in the morning. Super Mario 64 was the only game I owned for the first two months, but it was more than enough, and the games that followed over the next five years provided some of the greatest gaming experiences of my life, both solo and multiplayer. To this day I feel the N64 really got the short end of the stick from people who thought they were cooler for buying a disc-based game system (the PS1) instead... nevermind the eternal load times and inferior game library. Give me the N64 any day!

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 4:51:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 13, 2011 4:52:54 PM PDT
kidtiger75 says:
I grew up with NES and still have and play my SNES, but Xbox 360 is the best console I have ever owned. I dont even care when Xbox 720 or ps4 comes out. When ps1 came out i was thinking of ps2 then ps3. But im content with this gen consoles. They could never up grade the 360 and I think I would be fine..... although I will be wanting in line for the 720.....hahaha

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 6:17:39 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
The only console I waited in line for opening day was the 360. Best Buy hosed customers by making them purchase all sorts of random extras. I went back and returned them for games. The games I got were CoD 2, Perfect Dark (Never played beyond an hour....Not sure why, I remember it not being that bad) and Gun. I LOVED Gun, I played through it twice and was bitter when it ended. Took four plus years to get Redemption....But Gun will always hold a place as one of my favorite games. Needs a sequel.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 12:28:09 AM PDT
R Lewis says:
Xbox 360 cant get any better than the soon to be updated dashboard and Xbox Live.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 4:02:40 PM PDT
While a lifelong Nintendo fan, as previously noted... I have to give the Xbox 360 major props. I bought one this past February and it has quickly turned into one of my favorite consoles of all time. I'll always side with nostalgia when it comes to naming favorite game systems (NES, SNES, N64), but the 360 is freaking fantastic. I've completely succumbed to that "absent husband syndrome" that's apparently going around, wherein the wife and kids go to bed, and the husband stays up 'til 2:00 or 3:00 am playing Mass Effect or Halo... yep, that's me now. Can't get enough! It's like I can never score enough achievements.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 4:43:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 25, 2011 3:23:05 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 11:23:40 PM PDT
Axle F. says:
For me it is a toss up between N64 and PS2...

Though considering I have 3 PS2s in storage in case the one I use breaks because of moving parts... And the N64 is still the same one I had back in the late 90s, I'll have to say the N64 is the best!

BRING BACK THE FLASH CARTRIDGE SYSTEMS!!!!

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 1:08:38 PM PDT
JC SD says:
Most memorable moments in video gaming consoles for me

Atari 2600 had awesome games like Ms pacman which was one of my favorites along with wizard mickey mouse and ET, even tho ET sucked i liked it but could never finish it. One scary game i loved playin then was indiana jones, when u fall down dracula or something like a vampire attacks u, it was scary but fun.

NES: Super mario bros, then 2 and 3 was my favorite. Loved all the Mega man series in NES and highly recommend the 9 and 10 for psn and xbox 360 and wii. They'll bring back memories if u ever played these games.
The legend of zelda: Adventure of Link (Zelda 2) was my top favorite game for being a platformer and super hard game to beat. Magic of Scheherazade was kinda like a Zelda game mixed with Final fantasy, it was fun too as well as Kid Icarus and Metroid.

SNES: Super mario world, super mario kart, super street fighter 2, Tiny toons: Buster busts loose. All of these games brought me and my friends together for support or challenge as well as Super Ghost and Goblins and Gradius 3. Played all those games for hours. While alone I would have fun with The legend of zelda: a link to the past and final fantasy 3 or 6 in Japan. Also super mario RPG, secret of mana, secret of evermore, chronno trigger, but my most favorite from them all was final fantasy 3, the story is awesome and can't wait for a remake for ps3 and xbox 360.

Sega Genesis: while not as popular as the snes, it had awesome games, some even better than the snes such as Disney's aladin, mickey mouse, sonic 2. Sonic 2 was my all time sega genesis favorite since it had a lot of speed and the bonus round were the most fun i had in that game.

N64: Super mario 64, smash brothers, mario kart, jet force gemini, banjo kazooie, the legend of zelda: ocarina of time, the legend of zelda: majoras mask, pokemon stadium, mario party 1, Donkey kong 64, resident evil 2. It was the first time nintendo brought more competition in family and friends get togethers. I remember the days playing smash brothers for hours, then mario kart and mario party 1 would get me blisters while playing the treasure chest mini game where u have to spin the joystick pad with ur palm to get better catch but it was worth the fun.

PS1: Parasite Eve, Final fantasy tactics, DDR Konamix. Wished the ps1 had better graphics but it was fun playing those games for me.

Gamecube: For me it was paper mario but it didn't come close to super mario rpg. Not really too many games interested me for game cube, sadly all the good games were for PS2 and only first party games were worth game cube such as fire emblem. Can't remember much fun from this cube.

PS2: Clocktower 3, all the DDR series, final fantasy x, arc the lad, dark cloud 2, dragon quest 8, pump it up: exceed. My favorite RPG for ps2 was Dragon quest 8, it was such a beautiful game and fun to play to. Clocktower 3 was scary just for the 1st boss but then it wasn't scary anymore. For all DDR fans this console is one to own. Final fantasy x was outstanding just the battle song annoyed me after a while, would have prefered something like the final fantasy 3 one.

Xbox: castlevania: curse of darkness, ninja gaiden black and all the DDR ultramix series.

Wii: Super mario bros wii, just dance 2, DDRHP3 and the upcoming DDRII, Monster hunter 3. Fun with the wii was the exciting idea of getting original NES, SNES, N64, Turbo graphic 16, sega genesis games for download. The only proble with the wii is that u have to buy extra memory sd cards coz the console has little memory.

Xbox 360: DDR universe, Kinect yourshape and dance masters, castlevania: lords of shadow and all of the downloadable games u can get from game marketplace like my favorite arcade classics: pacman, ms pacman, galaga, etc. The only bad thing is that i can't find a joystick that would 4 ways so i can play these games.

PS3: Disgaea 3, final fantasy 13, dragon age series and classics like spelunker, too bad DDR for ps3 was awful!!!

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 7:25:15 PM PDT
that's a tough one for me but I would say the SNES N64 PS1 PS2 and Dreamcast are my all time favs I still play those way more than I do with the current systems which I have all 3

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 4:13:30 AM PDT
D.Wyn says:
I've got to go with the Dreamcast, even though it was Sega's second best console, after the Genesis, in my opinion. It restored my faith in a company that had burned me with expensive, half supported add-ons in the 16-bit era, and was the reason I never owned a Saturn, which I regret. Gaming had lost it's luster to me and the Dreamcast brought it back for me, in full force. It had so many great titles that I absolutely loved. Even if it was pretty light in the RPG section, Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia made up for it. Long live the Sega Dreamcast! :)

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 4:33:04 AM PDT
N64 and PS1...what a great gen for gaming...Spending a many of nights playing Golden Eye, Mario Kart 64, Rouge Squadron, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Game Day 99, Silent Hill, Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 5:50:24 AM PDT
Lupucillo says:
Hands down, the SEGA Saturn. Best console ever made.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions