Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Are the Halo games suitable for an eleven year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-147 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 11:40:29 PM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
You really need to switch to decaf,and those voices you hear...they are real. Just because you are paranoid DOSEN'T mean that they are NOT out to GET YOU. Bwahahaha!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 11:42:45 PM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
To this poster DeeDee1197 - You really need to switch to decaf,and Oh yeah those voices you hear...they are real! Just because you are paranoid DOSEN'T mean that they are NOT out to GET YOU. Bwahahaha!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:25:01 PM PDT
Pass on it kid. It's time is passing and will soon be replaced by the new "it" title. Halo hasn't pushed the envelope for nearly a decade. If I were you, I'd study Mandarin. That way you'll be a useful member of society.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:24:16 AM PDT
badguy says:
Is a saturday morning cartoon appropriate for kids?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 8:17:34 AM PDT
Halo is rated M for a reason

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 10:56:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 31, 2012 10:56:43 AM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
It's just a matter or mores. I believe a youngster is exposed to much worse in 90% of the PG rated movies-much worse just being exposed to an episode of "The View" or any of the "Family Guy" spin-offs(though as an adult I love FG but not 4 kids.).Now I'm being perfectly honest here + it will offend many,of this I'm sure but it is not my intentions just my beliefs - if you're the type of person who believes that Americans should not be allowed to smoke a cigarette,even outdoors at a baseball game but have no problem w/a person terminating a life inside her belly than you are the type that would be offended by this game.If you believe that the 2 demons from Ct. that molested a mom+her 2 daughters then set them on fire should NOT get the death penalty...then you will be offended by that game.

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 11:28:06 AM PDT
DONT PUT MORE SQUEAKERS IN THE BATTLEFIELD

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 5:21:01 PM PDT
V. Nguyen says:
A more suitable game for 11 year old would be God of War!

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 12:39:50 PM PDT
Dj Chiszle says:
cable tv has worse things than a halo game. its just virtual guns shooting virtual aliens (not even people) so i would say its ok for someone as long as they're not extremely impressionable

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 6:55:10 PM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
Obviously,you are not a parent,and even more obvious - you are not a comedian.Because if humour was your attempt - you failed. It's possible that you are handicapped.If that's the case I apologize. To any parent out there the "God of War" series is NOT appropriate for minors.I remember as a young child when the Rolling Stones were considered the epitome of decadence,then the Sex Pistols made them look like Catholic school boys.Well here we are @ a time where videos of the Sex Pistols look like something we can see on morning TV & people think kids are more mature.That's a gross misconception.Just because kids see more does not mean they're more mature or handle it better. We're talking about effects that can only be measured,thru studies, yrs after the fact (We've all heard of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).Kids are much less mature now than ever.They are coddled,spolied,and are much less mature than even MY generation was.We have no way of knowing the effect that all of this sex & violence that kids are bombarded w/on TV & the net will have on them.Why do you think they had to expand insurance to cover kids until they are 26? When my parents were young a majority of people were starting familes by 21 - 24 yrs old. So it concerns me when parents allow kids to have PC's & TVs in their bedrooms behind locked doors.We can not continue to think that kids see more so they can handle it better. Well I don't believe they can unless there's a parent to sit and explain to the kid that why or what they are seeing, is either good or bad.That's what shapes a childs moral perspective.Where they find out that "No means No" or how to respect a person and not judge them by their race,creed,skin color,body size,or sexual preference. I never miss an episode of "Family Guy" or "Tosh.0" but I would never allow any minor to watch it in my house.
Having said all of that - I wouldn't have a problem w/an 11 yr old playing a Halo game...If a parent sits & watches the first 10 - 20 minutes of the game.If they feel comfortable watching that (and I think they will unless they are overly-sensitive)and nothing seems offensive they can be sure that the rest of the game will be in that vein and will not deviate much from what the parent sees in that time.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 6:30:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 6:32:41 PM PST
c---kuta says:
Hmmm halo has gore? Was that an added edition in the anniversary version?

The original halo as I remember does not even have blood. Yes it has green stuff but green stuff isn't blood and that is not my definition of what blood is. Esrb did give halo a M, despite the cartoonish nature of the combat but gave call of duty 3, (or was it 2?) a T despite having blood and realistic human combat.

So yeah I think the esrb is ran by more than a few clowns but even clowns are useful at times.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:53:05 AM PST
Dale M. Coy says:
Try renting the games from a Redbox or Gamefly before purchasing them. Parents should supervise or play alongside kids, and Halo is good for this since every game supports co-op through the campaign in split screen

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:53:46 PM PST
Lionheart says:
kids today are "coddled, spoiled, and much less mature"? What kind of rose glass are you looking through? Reality is available through multiple avenues these days, whereas in the past, things were hidden behind the proverbial white picket fence as often as possible -- especially sex and violence. The true nature of the world, until kids left home and had the blinders taken off for the first time, and so (understandably) went a little crazy, finding out about all the lies. The truth is always better than a lie, no matter how distasteful at first. More unfiltered truth is allowed to seep in these days, which is a good thing. Kids are prepared earlier for what the real world is like. So their are not as many nasty suprises. The only exception is when they are given information they don't have the maturity to process yet -- and that is where the parent comes in. Or the adult. It doesn't have to be a parent.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:01:54 PM PST
Lionheart says:
this is an absurd post. crazy politicking probably does not belong here. But even if it did, you are almost certainly mistaken, in that rabid anti-smokers pro-choicers tend to be ALL FOR freedom of speech, and so would have no problem with this game. And I do not even know what your second argument means. Because it has nothing to do with anything here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:03:52 PM PST
Lionheart says:
sure. It was playing a videogame that maybe them dumber than a sack of doorknobs. Right.

Posted on Feb 2, 2013 11:21:55 PM PST
Vicki R says:
its m-rating so no!

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 1:05:29 PM PST
a.robo says:
depends on the 11 year old. all i can say is that at that age I played goldeneye and conquer's bad fur day and I am successful young adult. personally I feel this is a silly question to ask online because there are way too many subcultures - North Koreans would probably put you to death and liberal douches will tell you it's OK to watch an orgy. It's up to YOUR mom.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 8:28:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2013 8:34:10 PM PST
Halo Reach and ODST are fine for 11 year olds. So is Halo Wars. I played Dead Space when I was 13, and I am fine!

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 9:43:00 PM PST
ps2goat says:
I think it is fine. You see worse swearing on TV and even radio these days (XM/Sirius, anyone?). Most of the people who said no are probably older and are afraid you're going to beat them and scream into the mic like all the dumb kids playing COD while their parents are out of the house.

Like others said, there's really no gore. My biggest fear of ANY game is the crap you'd listen to from other players trash talking.

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 8:15:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013 8:17:26 AM PDT
Hmmm...tell your Mom that youngsters playing Adult Video Games could cause you to be psychologically harmed. But then, Halo is part of our popular culture, shoot even Beyoncé sang a song about the Series and it hit number one - "Halo"; your Mom might appreciate that fact.

And the developers of Halo keep broadening and extending the series. If you get too deeply involved in "Halo" you might get paranoid about alien infestations. One day you might wake up and think everyone you encounter is an Alien out to get you. You'll see strange glints in people's eyes (an obvious sign of Alien infestation), you'll hear people laughing around you, but when you turn to look at them, they'll quickly silence themselves; you'll only see strange glints in their eyes, and only a feeling, a gut feeling that something is wrong in the world. You'll go to school and things will just seem a bit, well "off". You won't be able to put your finger on it, but you'll know deep inside that something is wrong. When you walk to your classes there will seem to be just too many people, (students and teachers), watching you in the hallways, watching you with that strange glint in their eyes; they're waiting for something, some sort of signal; you just know it, you can feel it.

In the main Cafeteria, at lunch, you notice everyone eating the same exact meal - Tuna Melt Surprise. You wonder why; it has this God awful reputation. You get in line to get your lunch; everyone is so quiet today. The Server's greet you; they have that strange glint in their eyes too. "Tuna Melt Surprise?" they ask. You respond with a "No thank you, I'll have a hamburger please." The Server picks up a very sharp knife, looks at you once again, and then says "Tuna Melt Surprise?" "No, Hamburger please." The Server uses the knife to scrape up the Hamburger, as it's stuck to the pan.

A blue flash comes from back in the kitchen area, from behind the double doors. No one seems to notice it except for you. As you slowly move down toward the cashier, you now hear a buzzing noise, very loud, and see repeated blue flashes from back in the kitchen. You realize that the hair on your arms is standing straight up. You know something is going on back there, but what? Do you go and look? You know that you're absolutely out numbered, too many glinty stares around, so you bide your time. Then a fly lands on your hamburger bun. It's moving oddly. You look closer. The fly looks back at you, hunger on its humanoid-like face. "Oh, Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore." you say to yourself. A bright blue flash erupts from behind you. The Forerunners are here. If I only had my Double-Barreled Plasma Cannon.....

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 5:49:50 AM PDT
Morgan says:
one of the few m games that you could play at that age

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 7:15:20 PM PDT
Q says:
Yup - Halo is like the Disney of shooters. Those little cute aliens who bleed green. Most of the violence is animated and odd enough to not take seriously. And I don't recall any adult language.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  122
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions