Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Most intense/ emotional moment in a game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 355 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 19, 2010 12:26:33 AM PDT
Joe Tammi says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 3:32:12 AM PDT
Alan Peery says:
Most emotional has to be Heavy Rain for me...if you guys haven't played it great story.

Without ruining anything: the ending where just the dad made it left me stunned for quite some time.

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 7:24:54 AM PDT
Emotional: "No Russian" on MW2 and Shadow of Colusses
Scarist: Any F.E.A.R game
Intense: In Demon Souls At the end of the tuturiol

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 9:08:38 AM PDT
D.A.G. says:
Scariest: Almost every part of F.E.A.R..

Intense: Big shootouts in games like World at War, etc.

Emotional: SPOLIER****** When your dog in Fable 2 gets shot in the head while trying to save you :'(.

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 5:18:32 PM PDT
D. Robinson says:
Scariest: Berserker, Gears of War. That damn thing pops out of friggin nowhere when you least expect it.

Most Intense: Zack,FF7 Crisis Core. Fights a whole damn ARMY to protect his friend Cloud and almost WINS! He's not fighting just soldiers, but Helicopters and Tanks too.

Most Emotional: Zack's Death, FF7 Crisis Core. That is probably the most heartbreaking and angering death in a video game. DAMN IT ZACK IT WAS ONLY 3 SOLDIERS LEFT!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 1:39:48 AM PDT
360devil says:
Most intense : The end of MGS

Most emotional: When Dom's Wife Died in GOW 2

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 3:29:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 20, 2010 12:44:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 8:12:23 AM PDT
D. A. Cobb says:
Scariest? Bioshock moments:

During the Dr.Steinmen level that one part where you wonder in 1 of the surgery rooms covered in blood - you wander towards a table in the room with knives on it and you see a slight haze drift on the floor - a relaxing moment - no music, either. YOu just got done killing some splicers a second ago and you're in this prep-phase for more of them right now. You turn around and a splicer in a doctors outfit is standing literally an inch away from you just staring at you covered in blood - scared the living crap out of me!!!!!!!!

Other parts, too. When the lights flicker off for a long period of time in some parts are very gut-wrenching, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2010 9:26:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2010 9:27:01 AM PDT
Morwenna says:
Yes, but in the sequel they're united again! If you get one of the good endings, that is.Final Fantasy X-2

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 9:26:17 AM PDT
Jake says:
intense and emotional = heavy rain. that game had me on the edge of my seat most the time!

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 10:46:31 AM PDT
This wins for Intense and Emotional:
The final boss of Earthbound, Giygas.
Giygas...
Even looking at his name feels creepy...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2010 11:37:08 AM PDT
Morwenna says:
OMG, that was an awesome game! I still play it on my old SNES sometimes.

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 1:17:39 PM PDT
Emotional- Bioshock, going good and freeing all the little sisters and taking care of them as they turn around and take care of you as you are dying in the hospital, that brought tears.
Intense- The first time in earthbound when i fought the giant green puke monster, i was young and had no idea i had to throw the fly jar to hurt him
Scary- Would have to be shadows in Dead space, walking down an abandon hall and then a light flashes of a shadow, you whip behind you and nothing there.

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 7:26:59 PM PDT
David says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 8:12:51 PM PDT
Scariest - I don't know why, but old surgery games from DOS scare the crap out of me, being in a silent atmosphere.

Intense - (Spoiler Alert! Spoiler Alert!) Near the end of Metal Gear Solid 4, when you're fighting Liquid.

Emotional - In Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, when you get the bad ending (When Otacon helps you get away, instead).

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 8:32:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2010 8:43:02 PM PDT
Calbe says:
Emotional: I'd have to say the ending of MGS3, pretty much after the battle with The Boss anyways. Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core really had its moments, especially when Zach would say something about the future and you already knew how it was gonna end... Also there were lots of moments in .Hack//G.U. (all three games) like when you learn more of Atoli's real self and your in the classroom like area.

Intense: I thought a lot of the Metal Gear boss battles were intense, especially against Ocelot in MGS4 at the end, emotional and intense if you understand all the phases it goes through ("Your pretty good."). And you can't forget those alert phases, the guard's exclamation point and suddenly having to run and hide or wreak havoc on all the guards nearby.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2010 10:39:51 PM PDT
360devil says:
I agree with you there ann

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 10:59:49 PM PDT
Rick says:
intense-the first playthrough of Batman Arkham Asylum. 1st play of RE5. 6 stars on GTA4, always a good chase and chaos.

scariest-the scarecrow sequences in BAA. fighting jill in RE5, this isnt scary as in frightening, but scary cus im trigger happy.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 1:23:20 PM PDT
Scariest - Something in Fatal Frame II. That's the only game that's ever really scared me.

Intense - The bridge scene in ICO.

Emotional - Shadow of the Colossus' ending.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 2:06:05 PM PDT
timmah638 says:
Intense - Being a music game nerd, I'd say practicing "Visions" in Rock Band 2 for hours and FINALLY passing it after a full day of failing at the triplet blasts (If you've played it, you know what I'm talking about, lmao). I was literally sweating harder than I ever had before. Also, a very close second is running from the bear in the cabin in Condemned 2.

Scariest - Again, gonna go with Condemned 2. The entire game had my pulse racing.

Emotional - Gotta go with Heavy Rain. Every moment in that game had me transfixed. For starters, the trials the killer puts Ethan through were almost unbearable. Also, finding out who the killer was and what their motive was literally dropped my jaw. The way my first playthrough ended was so powerful and depressing that I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after I finished it.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010 2:22:39 PM PDT
J. Page says:
Scariest: Retro would be Silent Hill either when I first entered the school and then everything went to hell (literally) or when the dead nurses showed up and they were all bent sideways and such. Recent would be Dead Space even though it was more of jump scares.

Intense: Kingdom Hearts the first time I beat Sephiroth or Any boss battle on Devil May Cry 3 Dante Must Die difficulty

Emotional: Hands down Final Fantasy X when Tidus realizes he has to leave Yuna. This was only my second experience with Final Fantasy (the first being 9) and I was soooo attached to the characters after hours being poured into the game only to have Tidus leave. That was messed up man.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 3:02:35 PM PDT
Erik says:
Scariest? I fear nothing. Actually, the first time I encountered a banshee in Pathways into Darkness. The thing sneaked up behind me and when it roared I nearly soiled my undergarments.

Most intense? The train sequence in Uncharted 2 was pretty intense but the last level of Marathon 2 takes the cake. Small little room with Pfhor, Hunters, a Juggernaut and THEN you have to jump into the lava to access the terminal. Bungie-sadistic imps, the lot of them!
Also, almost all of Heavy Rain, but especially the dream sequence when we're playing the female. Those dudes in masks break in and chase her around until one of them catches her and just slits her throat.

Emotional? Almost all of Heavy Rain, but especially the bit where Ethan watches his son get killed, then his wife divorces him and we see him in his crappy new house with his other son who won't talk to him.
Also, the death of John Marston in Red Dead.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 3:13:01 PM PDT
Metal Gear Solid 1

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 4:41:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2010 2:33:37 PM PDT
J. Demick says:
Scariest moment: Finding the girl who burned up in Silent Hill Origins. She actually came back to life and really freaked me out. She had a very scary voice too. (I actually thought all of Silent Hill Origins was scary. . . especially the hospital. Man what a horror!)

Most Intense moment: Playing Heat on Call of Duty 4 on Veteran Difficulty. Only 5 soldiers fighting about 30 other soldiers while trying to make it down the hill in 3 minuites with gunfire raining down on us. Not sure how I passed that level, but it was a miracle.

Most Emotional moment: When Wil had to leave Ava behind in Dark Void. I could tell he loved her and he didn't want to leave her behind. Before the credits rolled up he was sitting on a park bench and tears rolled down his eyes. He also threw the ring that Ava had given him into the water, because he couldn't bear to think about her. That was such a sad ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 12:48:39 PM PDT
Katalizator says:
I totally agree about having to watch out for your AI partner in a game. It ruins the whole thing. That's what made me hate RE5. I ended up selling it on ebay. If it weren't for that dumb lady you're paired with, I would have loved that game.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  296
Total posts:  355
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions