Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Are the Halo games suitable for an eleven year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2008 9:38:35 PM PDT
R. LOFTON says:
I am 15 and Halo is the least violent M game that I've played in my life. There is NO gore at all. Almost no blood. And you shoot aliens. Other than the violence it has as much bad language as a PG movie. My mom would rather let me play this than some of the T games on the market I would recommend it to a 9 year old but take away his mic so he's not annoying on Live.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2008 11:02:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2008 11:08:22 AM PDT
razrodude says:
OMG Halo would be suitable for an unborn fetus for Pete's sake. You go around shooting green and purple goo at goofy purple aliens and monsters!
This right here people is what I refer to as the pussification of America. It will eventually lead to our nation being taken over by a 3rd world country w/ an army wielding rubber band guns.
If you think Halo is too violent for your kid, you've probably already made them gay at some point, so just buy them Hello Kitty: Island adventure...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2008 9:21:54 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2008 9:42:31 AM PDT
Jason says:
Yes, just fine for an 11 year old who's parents let them see any of the star wars movies or read comic books. The violence is on the same level. It's all very sci-fi and not realist. There are no bad words, no nudity, and if i'm not mistaken no humans die in the first halo. No blood, but a bluish substance might come off an alien enemy. And you're a good guy saving all humanity. You even work with an alien race in the 3rd game which that was once hated. You could argue that could teach equality to all races.

I thought it was a good game but i'm not a halo freak.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2008 5:07:20 PM PDT
Blood=ignorable and not that bad. Lenguige is that of a pg-13 movie. IM 12 AND IVE PLAYED IT NO GORE RATERS LIE ALIENS HAVE GREEN BLOOD LOL IT JUST MATTERS WHAT YOU AND YOUR MOM THINKS

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2008 8:00:33 PM PDT
Yeah I'm not a real halo freak either, it's a great shooter though, and it's not that bad really. The only thing that spooked me the first time playing the campaign was the Humans that were infested by the flood, i.e, the head pushed aside and a tentacle or something coming up. Oh, BTW if it was rated M for the Covenant's blood, it would've been a joke.. looks like someone spilled blue gatorade. Definitely not bad. I've seen Worse in Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter rated T.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2008 9:09:59 AM PDT
Eric Burgess says:
i am 23 and i have been playing halo since it came out soo for the past 8 years or so.. and before that i play doom and duke nukem , soo i think he should be able to play the game... now i play online and i their is alot of peeps that have very dirty mouth soo watch for that but if u r at home and NOT online, now if u start acting up b/c of the game then i would not think twice about taking the game away... soo don't do anything stupied

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2008 11:28:27 AM PDT
Rilan Noor says:
No. It is rated M (17+) for a reason.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008 8:34:59 AM PDT
Rick V says:
LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008 8:37:37 AM PDT
Rick V says:
My kids, 7 and 11 play it. The game is not graphic at all and should not be compared to games like Gears if War (which I love) and CoD or GRAW, which are created with realism.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2008 6:19:09 AM PDT
No says:
Eric! Dont take my game away. Stupiedhead.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 7:37:24 AM PDT
coach says:
i was in the same situation as you 3 years ago! halo ce is mildly violent including blue,purple and some red blood but not much gore and due to bad graphics its not to bad . i started playing halo 1 when i was 12 so its ur moms choice. :)

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 8:22:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2011 8:24:26 AM PDT
Mario says:
i thought game ratings were there for a reason.It shows how society is turning....

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 11:41:36 AM PDT
Cole Pennock says:
k dude i played halo combat evolved (the original) when i was 8 years old. the amount of blood is almost none and you would have no problem in playing it. plus there is only about 2 swearwords in the whole game and mild ones at that. so its not a big deal

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 12:40:09 PM PDT
xbox live is only worth it if you have a lot of friends online to play with. Microsoft knows this and cleans your wallet as a result. I would rather pay $30 dollars a year and go without things like; twitter, facebook, and espn on my xbox. Even with a wireless N network the streaming is substandard on the 360. Microsoft is throwing hardcore gamers to the side to expand the profits, can't blame them though.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 1:02:14 PM PDT
Squirrel says:
The original Halo CE came out when I was in high school, I think I was about 14. I honestly don't know why it was even rated mature, maybe sensitivities were just higher back then with a lower tolerance for violence or something. I played Halo at the time, I turned out alright... I think. Like most other descriptions people have given, it's a shooter, you fight aliens, that's mostly it. There's no really graphic violence, no sexual content and there wasn't vulgar language that I can remember. I'm not sure how much they've changed for the anniversary edition though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 7:16:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 18, 2011 7:16:55 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 19, 2011 3:41:11 PM PDT
One note: all Halo games (apart from Halo Wars, which is a strategy game and totally different) are rated M. This could create a precedent for kids in the sense that "Hey, Mom lets me play Halo and that's M. Grand Theft Auto/Dead Space/Red Dead Redemption/Gears of War must be okay." I honestly think the M rating in all the Halo games is not earned at ALL. Early Call of Duty games had blood splatter against actual humans but were rated T for Teen. Halo has neon-colored blood against aliens (except the minimal red blood in multiplayer) and is about as tame as first-person shooters go. I would argue that the ESRB is crazy to have given them that rating. Halo 1-3 and Halo Reach are all suitable to anybody old enough to watch a somewhat-intense PG-13 movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 7:05:50 PM PDT
Cole Pennock says:
you sir are the most logical person i've ever met, i agree entirely

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 7:24:02 PM PDT
Cole Pennock says:
um, you are kidding right? esrb is full of retards

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 7:24:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2011 7:26:32 PM PDT
Cole Pennock says:
To:Mario

no...just...no

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 7:03:31 AM PDT
I've played all the Halo games and there's nothing unsuitable for an 11-year old. There's not sex, not much "foul" language and your mostly shooting ALIENS with purple "blood", not human beings or animals. We need to stop coddling our children from every freakin' thing. We're raising a generation of closed-off-from-the-world, sheltered shut-ins and we're making it worse by blinding them to everything. Men take their sons and daughters hunting before theyre eleven. And they go out and shoot REAL animals with REAL blood oozing here and there. Lighten up, Francis'.

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 1:27:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2011 1:33:37 PM PDT
KaiserCREB says:
halo at least halo 1 and 2 have very little gore and most of it is bright colored from aliens. i really do not think halo has much in the way of adult anything. i definitely think its suitable for 11 year olds. if you get the no i would try and get rainbowsix three ravenshield for pc i bet your pc could play it and it has a pretty good storyline and it comes with a map editor and every thursday and tuesday the swat server has good population and with rules against foul language and what not. also it was 3 dollars on steam the last time it was on sale. not the newest game but still fun with complete control over gore even though theres none pretty much but a good alternative for a gamer whos learning to play.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 11:22:14 AM PDT
Mj says:
yes it is less violence then some cartoons and most movies

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 6:35:47 AM PDT
Lupucillo says:
Yes, they are suitable. There is no real blood or gore in the games (aliens have blue, purple and yellow blood, it's like a paintball game), they are pretty tame and use fantasy weapons rather than real-life ones. Perhaps The Flood is a little scary for sensitive kids, but with proper parental guidance, it should not be a problem.

Now, online is not suitable, not because of the game, but because of the people online, they can say some nasty demeaning things to your child. Keep kids away from online.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  122
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions