Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 174 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 16, 2011 3:21:04 PM PDT
SuperHiro says:
I'll go Dreamcast. It had all the good ports of arcade fighters.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 6:14:55 PM PDT
Atari Jaguar! (just kidding)

N64 all the way. Having four controller ports built in was a huge plus at my house. I don't think I had as much fun with any other system than I had with the N64.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 7:05:07 PM PDT
Steve says:
PS2 with ... Just about everything.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 5:38:10 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
There was something about the NES. We would always be stoked when a new game came out, such as Castlevania 2 (Still my favorite), Rygar or Wizards and Warriors. We would go over to whoever got the game and play all day and night. Later it was sports games....RBI and Tecmo Bowl. NHL series for Genesis. Wrestling games for N64....

I forgot Romance of the 3 Kingdoms for SNES and PS. Played those with buddies. We started early afternoon and went all night. Drank copious amounts of beer....Maybe I should play Online again!

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 7:22:21 AM PDT
Unknown says:
Nintendo Gamecube, this console has a pretty decent library compared to the PS2, people just don't realize it.

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 7:30:39 AM PDT
R. Howard says:
N64 - Cruisin' USA(my first game on the system), Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Snowboard Kids, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye -- these were the games I played the most on this system
PSX - Bandicoot, Spyro, Twisted Metals, FF7,8,9, Tomorrow Never Dies, and Syphon Filter..
SNES - DK Country, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage, Mortal Kombat
Genesis - Sonic, Lion King (my fav), Toy Story, Aladdin

I was fortunate to have all four growing up thanks to both family and friends..those were all magic when I was younger.. especially Goldeneye and Twisted Metal multiplayer..spending the night at friend's houses staying up til 2 smashing people with the DD4 Destovies in Goldeneye or smashing as Thumper in TM

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 10:20:27 AM PDT
JJ350 says:
Anything Sega from the Genesis on.

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 8:36:42 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
The SNES; Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Starfox, Super Metroid, Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, The Legend of Zelda A link to the Past, Zombies Ate My Neighbours, Kirbys Forest/Puyo-Puyo, Intl. Superstar Soccer, NBA Jam, Super Street Fighter II, Axelay, Rock'n'Roll Racing, F-Zero...

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 7:23:39 AM PDT
nemo_o says:
N64, my best friend had one and every day after school we would play GoldenEye Smash Bros, BattleTanks, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, Cruis'n USA...

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 3:20:58 PM PDT
PS2 by a frogs hair. Runner up has to be the SNES. So many memorable gamesin both consoles.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 7:06:09 PM PDT
OoAK says:
SNES no doubt about it. PS2 is right behind it though.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2011 7:24:29 PM PDT
NES

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 12:18:39 PM PDT
Sisterhavoc says:
I love my PS2 - I would cuddle up with it at night if the cords weren't such an issue.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 4:29:05 AM PDT
tough call between ps2 and snes
snes is more nsotalgic since i had it first but most of my favorite games were ported to ps1 which ps2 can play plus ps1 games like suikoden 2 and legend of dragoon and grandia plus ps2 titles like devil may cry 3 and god of war
overall ps2 wins but snes is second place and easily beats 360 or ps3 any day of the week

Posted on Sep 29, 2011 8:13:55 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
To be honest, nearly every system has its positives!

I figured that I spend so much time on gaming websites that I started a Blog. If you ever bored, drunk or both, check it out:

gamer4fame@blogspot.com

Odd name but there were not many options. My wife hooked me up and it gives me an excuse to play games too, as I try and tell her I could make a lot of money!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 5:57:49 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
It would have to be the N64, because of all of the simple yet very fun and addicting games (plus I was young and could play video games 24/7). I'm really looking forward to the next generation console from nintendo, simply because they make amazing games!

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 6:00:56 PM PDT
Jack Burton says:
For me I have great memories with:

Sega Master System - Kung Fu Kid, Black belt, Ninja, Rocky all games that had me hooked for hours and games I still play today.

Sega Genesis - SOR 1-3, Golden Axe, Shinobi 2-3, Shadow Dancer, and the list goes on and on.

Turbo Grafx 16 -Splatterhouse, Ninja Spirit, Viglante, and any of the shooters that you could import.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 6:02:57 PM PDT
Jack Burton says:
but the greatest system of all time hands down:

SEGA DREAMCAST - Street Fighter, Power Stone, Mars Matrix, Giga Wing, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, etc

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 8:14:33 PM PDT
Liberius says:
My PS2 is effectively immortal and it has a ridiculously large library of games. Enough Said.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 8:22:25 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I need to get a Turbografx and Saturn. Two systems I never owned. I know some of the old school games are on the Wii but it just not the same. I have a few downloaded and have thought about plunking down 100 dollars for the Zelda's, Mario's, Mario Kart's, Metroid's, Kid Icarus and so on....But I would play them once or twice and set them aside.

I hope XBLA and PSN come out with more of the classics. Chrono Trigger on Tuesday! Hopefully Mana soon. Call me crazy but those games hold up far better than FFVII VIII and IX. For me the games just look cleaner and are more engrossing.....And Barrett in FF VII is enough to make me wonder where the ACLU was!

I had a Dreamcast and played Skies of Arcadia and Grandia. Those need to be re-released. I know the former was on Gamecube but we need a good XBLA/PSN release. There is so much money to be made on these rereleases. I for one, am a huge fan of the PS3 Collection games. Just got Ico/SotC for 15 bucks after gift cards. XBOX needs some for Fable, Jade Empire and others. Halo is a nice start but too bad Halo 2 was not included.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 9:57:38 PM PDT
Mine would have to be the NES. So many Good games for that system.

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 10:25:03 PM PDT
Ryan Smith says:
PS1, hands down. Once on-line multi-player peaked, the Xbox 360. Next GEN who knows...

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 7:29:38 AM PDT
M.B says:
Nintendo 64

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 9:45:21 AM PDT
PS3, snes was awesome too

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 6:34:03 AM PDT
my ps3 is awesome. :3
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions