Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

OT: Zero Dark Thirty < Gangster Squad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:17:19 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
I moved this over to the VGF. Try it over there.

Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 12:08:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 12:09:39 PM PST
pasteyswazey says:
Hey guys, blah, let me get this out first, this gets a little political, so there, enter at your own risk.

But, if you've hung around until now, I want to start with saying that I was a little surprised in the movie ratings this past weekend. The top three grossing movies were as follows: Zero Dark Thirty, A Haunted House, and Gangster Squad. Everyone has their own taste so, if you liked any of those, cool. But by my personal preference, I'm surprised Gangster Squad didn't do better. I thought it was cool that Ryan Gosling, and Emma Stone were a couple in this movie for a second time. The first time was in that other movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. I think it's neat how you can get some repeater couples in movies like that. It worked, there's a good chemistry between them. And, I never knew about Mickey Cohen before Gangster Squad. I thought it was neat to learn the history of 1949 Los Angeles and how the mob tried to take hold there, but was discouraged from sitting up shop.

I liked even more Nick Nolte's character. How he had police off of the books in a time of non-political correctness when police and authority actually had the decency to do something without be bribed or gutted into shutting off their moral compasses. I liked that he could help make society better and found it neat that the whole story was based on a true story.

What I do not like (short list follows, ha): How Zero Dark Thirty was more fictional than A Haunted House. I believe that Zero Dark Thirty is more mere propaganda to make us think that a seal team 6 ever existed. Few movies get pressed through to production as fast as this one did. Everything about that "history" was fast. What, I think maybe one hour, if that, passed between when a claim was made that Osama had been shot and then having all of his remains expedited into the ocean, all within one hour. I haven't seen the movie, don't want to, but I heard the whole thing is about finding Osama. I'd like to have seen the real version where they get the intel he died probably 10 years ago in a cave of a heart attack, and someone figured it was a great time to promote Obama in the election. Whooooooowhhheeeeeeeee. Hope you went along with that ride okay. Sorry, just had to put that out there, tell someone, get it off of my chest. Please prove me wrong, but the fact that it's more fiction that fact just really irks me. I wish they could have offered a shred of proof that he had in fact been killed, instead of wiping seal team 6 off the face of the earth after the mission.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions