Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Which video game do you think will be a good movie.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 9:49:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 10:04:44 AM PDT
Ghost says:
P. Bateman -

Thats too bad they got Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake. I mean, he's a fantastic actor with one of those muscleboy bodies, but it seems once again, Hollywood went with the "It" actor, having come fresh off "The Fighter". Hopefully it will turn out well as Uncharted was "Off the charts!" as a game, but I was kind of hoping they would have gotten David Boreanaz from "Buffy", "Angel" and "Bones" fame to play him. My arguement is that he's closer to Drakes's body type and style, and if you look at the cover of Uncharted 2 and most other shots, its almost as if they digitally mapped David Boreanaz's face for the character...almost an exact match, down to the hairstyle. Plus, his character on "Bones", the FBI agent Boothe, has the exact same comedic, cocky, yet serious and VERY good at his job type attitude that Drake has in the game. Boreanaz can pull off those half-serious one liners better then anyone in the biz. This would have been my choice over Mark Walhberg. Even though I enjoy his work as well, remember, they already gave him a shot as "Max Payne", and although it wasn't entirely his fault, the movie didn't fare as well as everyone hoped. Maybe give someone else a shot... I just think Boreanaz is a closer "fit" to Nathan Drake. Almost as if the designers had him in mind, or just had a Buffy/Angel/Bones marathon before they sat down to create the game. Just my thoughts...

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 9:59:57 AM PDT
Any game by rockstar would make a great movie, I mean LA noir? thats practcaly a movie already! Red Dead? perfect western. And GTA? an epic ganster movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2011 10:03:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2011 11:06:31 AM PDT
Ghost says:
I'm all for a Red Dead Redemption movie IF they follow the Undead Nightmare storyline...zombies in the old west would make a kick ass movie...as cool as the game was. Could be done in the style of the "Walking Dead" tv show by Frank Darabont.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 10:43:35 AM PDT
I was gonna heckle the Undead Nightmare zombies in the west suggestion and then you mentioned Walking Dead Tv Show and I have to agree with you. By far that was the one show that almost convinced me to not cancel my cable. I just wish it was available on Hulu+ or Netflix. I only got to watch the first 4 episodes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2011 8:57:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 22, 2011 9:04:02 AM PDT
Ghost says:
The reason I said that A. was because I really didn't find the story in Red Dead to be all that exciting or new, certainly not anything I'd pay to see in a film. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the game...the graphics, playability, sheer number of options, missions and fun things you could do, and most of all, the non-linear open world aspect. Thats why it was a great game, but would just be a ho-hum western movie...mostly because you're NOT playing. When I was playing thru the campaign, I just went thru the missions, not really caring about the storyline...I was more concerned about playing poker, making money with animal skins, hunting down wanted men, exploring the vast landscape and gunfighting. Now the Undead Nightmare story would make a better, more nerve wracking, edge-of-your-seat type experience in the theater. The zombies move like the ones in "28 Days Later" and that was much more exciting then the usual slow moving ones. The zombies in "Walking Dead" move slow at first, but can be faster, especially in groups...so that works very well suspense wise. So anyway, the Undead Nightmare zombies, combined with the Marston character and backdrop of the old west...trying to find a cure type of thing ( used many times before but a little more interesting in the old west ), would make it a better movie experience then just the Read Dead Redemption story, especially zombies coming at you in 3D...in my opinion.

And I HIGHLY recommend you watch the full 6 episodes of season one of "Walking Dead". Netflix should be getting it soon, if not already. I plopped down the $20 for the discs. Sucks that there were only 6 episodes, but there is a season 2 coming, and still WELL worth it. I just hope it doesn't come to an early end like "Jericho" did...another AMAZING show.

Posted on Mar 22, 2011 1:47:52 PM PDT
Well, the Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children...that was a good movie and beautiful rendered in CGI. But, other than that everything else just is ok or downright horrible. I really think Hollywood does not care about source material at all and just tries to make it better but they will never win that battle. Video games are the greatest form of entertainment...because they are not bound by time restraints

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 4:44:11 AM PDT
RealCoolGuy says:
They're already making one w/ Mark Wahlberg

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 5:44:25 AM PDT
@jedi
I was bummed to find out Showtime is ending their deal with Netflix, so no more Dexter. I watched 2 seasons and was waiting for more to be available on streaming. Only no longer aired shows will be on like the Tudors. If I am only missing 2 episodes of walking dead, maybe I'll catch them on Amazon which is where they were available as they aired instead of something like Hulu.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 9:47:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2011 9:53:26 AM PDT
Ghost says:
Yeah A., you only missed the last 2 episodes of season one. But they were really good episodes, so I hope you catch them. I also hope season two will be longer. Usually the later seasons are longer then pilot seasons in most cases, except for back during the writer's strike, which I think partly helped to kill "Jericho" back then. I know the writer's strike season of "Lost" was a lot shorter, too, which kind of hurt of the flow the show had going.

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 10:44:45 AM PDT
djholmez says:
BIOSHOCK

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 10:48:03 AM PDT
djholmez says:
As well as the Half life series, Mr. Freeman!

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 10:11:14 PM PDT
Mortal Kombat Vrs DC........Think about it!

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 10:52:18 AM PDT
Uncharted - could be the new Indiana Jones if treated like a movie and not a video game movie - Wahlberg is ok
Gears of War - since Uncharted is in production, GoW could be the big budget Sci-Fi/Action summer movie

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 11:55:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2011 12:03:10 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2011 9:55:04 PM PDT
RealCoolGuy says:
Jedi Knight speaking some knowledge!

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 1:39:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2011 12:55:54 AM PDT
P. R. Blay says:
Conkers Bad Fur Day

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 2:50:13 AM PDT
how about either OBLIVION or LEFT 4 DEAD

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 4:01:28 AM PDT
P Hemsley says:
I reckon Dragon Age would make an awesome game, or the Resistance series.

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 8:07:14 PM PDT
Atluri says:
Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 12:45:25 AM PDT
i think they should finish gosh recon furture soldien and make it in to a full movie,,, i was preaty much into it....

Posted on Mar 30, 2011 5:37:19 PM PDT
Didn't you catch FFXIII? It wasn't in theaters lol but I think you spend more time watching the cut-scenes than it takes to watch all six Star Wars movies. They might as well just make the movie, forget all the gaming programming, and sell it on DVD.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 12:43:43 PM PDT
Ron Dvir says:
i don't care if they change the story, I just want a movie on the concept of AC

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 12:44:31 PM PDT
Ron Dvir says:
there is a cartoon movie on Dead space

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 12:56:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 5, 2011 2:49:12 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 1:41:25 PM PDT
I would say Bioshock. Bioshock has a semi unique experience with messed up characters (do note it feels a lot like system shock 2). I do want it to be a prequel of the first game with the story explaining Andrew Ryan's backstory a lot more than before, same goes with fontaine. The games tell you but its hard to keep track of the whole information. For me, I like prequel stories better than sequels, they at least tell you how it all happened. However, it does depend on the story writing and keeping a few secrets hidden.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions