Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Are the Halo games suitable for an eleven year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 148 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2007 2:07:11 PM PDT
Your fine dude its not that bad of a game. A tad bit of blood. Mild language. Definietly Ok for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2007 7:19:54 AM PDT
John Baggett says:
Yes, my nine year old brother plays both Halo games. It has hardly any blood. The only thing is that on Xbox Live, a smaller child might not be able to handle the frustration of being killed over and over by the same person.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2007 1:46:32 PM PDT
J. L. Frost says:
Uhh, no, there is no teen version.

Anyways, I really don't see why it's rated M. It's not very violent and there's hardly any cussing. I got it when I was 12 and there was nothing that disturbed me. I mean, sure, there are some violent thing, particularly towards the end of the game, but it's not all that bad. You might want your mom to watch some gameplay videos of it, just to make sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2007 3:00:30 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 3:32:50 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 4:13:25 PM PDT
Brett says:
well um..... I personally dont think that this is a Mature game. And I feel that Blood and gore, if your child can handle it, is ok. There is no reason you shouldnt play halo. So game on my friend

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 5:57:18 PM PDT
Mass says:
Wheres the gore?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2007 7:45:13 PM PDT
Michael says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2007 11:13:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2007 11:14:55 AM PDT
Plaid Ninja says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2007 8:40:26 PM PDT
Andrew says:
Jack Thompson? Is that you?

You have obviously never played a game in your life, and certainly not this one. Halo should be rated T at worst. There is no gore, hardly any blood, and all you are doing is shooting fanciful weapons at creatures that don't exist. If he is "going to need therapy in 20 years," then so is half of the world.

Also, correcting people's spelling over the internet is stupid. It's not like he was writing a business letter of anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2007 2:28:34 PM PDT
cpeep says:
T is more like PG-13 IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2007 5:38:56 PM PDT
L. Moody says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2007 5:42:25 PM PDT
Kelsey G says:
i think that if u think ur mature enough to handle it than yeah dude go for it!!!! im 13 and i love those games!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2007 4:58:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2007 4:59:15 PM PDT
L. Moody says:
I found where the gore is. Its the flood, when they die you can shoot their heads and arms off. Oh, im 15 and i play this game. And its freakin awsome!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2007 8:23:37 PM PDT
Leonard Lee says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2007 1:00:38 AM PDT
There's no gore. When you kill a Flood, yes, the heads and arms sort of.. 'pop' like bubbles. They don't hang around for you to gape at any destruction. Anyone who's ever pulled the arms/legs/head off an action figure knows what it looks like. ESRB is EXTREMELY strict in their ratings. There is very minimal cursing involved as well (from playing the game for months, the worst I've ever heard was "Damnit", and that was a scripted scene in which you would only hear it once.), I'm pretty sure it's rated for Blood and Gore, Language, and Intense Violence. I'm 14 and play games like Saint's Row, the Elder Scrolls series, the Battlefield series, and Resident Evil. The majority of my games are rated M, and I have no E rated games. In my opinion, all M rated games deserve a T rating, with the exceptions of Grand Theft Auto, Leisure Suit Larry, Playboy Mansion, etc. Violence in a video-game is nothing compared to violence in real life. I live in the South, and I've grown up in a hunting family. I'm around guns all the time, been shooting guns since I could hold one. From real life experiences compared to video games, the 'Blood and Gore' on your TV screen is like what you can take a red crayon and draw. Most of the 'blood' you see is either purple, blue, or orange anyways. It's actually quite funny, watching that panicking grunt run up to you, scream in terror with his squeaky voice, and run the other way with his arms thrown up in the air in distress. After a while of killing the Covenant (the Alien antagonist of the game), you'll have so much purple and blue on the screen it won't even look like blood because a lot of the environments are that color.

Oh yeah, in response to previous posts, ESRB decided to change Halo's rating from 'Mature' to 'Teen' just recently last year I think.

It's not my decision what your parents let you play though, but if you take the word of a 14 year old it can do you a lot of good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2007 2:08:06 PM PDT
Halo was rated M like 4 years ago. Back then the blood and intensity must have seemed for an older crowd, but today its like throwing flaming tennis balls at turtles. The game is great and your mom should have no reason to say no.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2007 4:58:15 PM PDT
Bruce Wayne says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2007 11:26:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2007 11:27:40 AM PDT
D.R. Davis says:
What pretty much all these people say is right. There is pretty much nothing wrong with Halo 1. The blood is red and purple stuff around the guy when the human/alien dies. That's about it. Also, I think you can turn the blood off (at least in the PC version). Halo 2 is a little worse language wise, but compared to Resident Evil 4 and Grand Theft Auto and stuff like that, it's nothing. Trust me, I have it for the PC, and my mom said the same stuff. Just don't try to ask for the above games and expect to be allowed to play them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2007 3:41:53 PM PDT
diane says:
Nikimatts mom,
Halo is more M rated because of Xbox live and the idiots on it.
So if you want to play Halo i would suggest you play single player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2007 2:10:03 AM PDT
If Halo was appropriate for children it would be rated E. It is not appropriate no matter how well you feel your child could handle it. You can never truly know.

The game will still be around when they are older and wiser. Don't make the mistake other parents make because they feel pressure. Do the right thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2007 8:55:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2007 8:58:09 AM PDT
JAKC says:
Halo and Halo 2 are both violent in the single player mode. I honestly don't think anybody under the age of 13 should really play it. even somebody at the age of 13 i would be hesitent about them playing. the goriest parts are when you fight against the flood. their bodies don't stay in one piece like in the rest of the game. you put a plasma grenade on that guy and you'll see an explosion of green blood and body parts. and everybody spills plenty of blood when you shoot them. and when you go online the language will be very strong. it's not nearly as violent as say gears of war but i don't think you need this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2007 7:53:37 PM PDT
C. Eldridge says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2007 7:55:49 PM PDT
C. Eldridge says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2007 1:09:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2007 1:09:43 AM PDT
Boojangles says:
Yes it used to be teen, but the ESRB changed it. I suggest you let your mother play the Halo CE demo found here: http://www.download.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved/3000-7453_4-10235610.html (If that's not right, just google Halo CE demo)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  123
Total posts:  148
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions