Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Which video game do you think will be a good movie.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 267 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 27, 2011 12:33:38 PM PDT
I'm not sure how many people would agree with me on this, but Metro 2033 looks like it would be a rather amazing movie. The cut-scenes and story run akin to the FallOut series, although it's hosted in Russia. It has different sorts of things, almost like Hellgate: London's creatures (Which would make an excellent CGI movie if the folks who made Diablo II would agree to do it), coupled with the fact that it's still got older era weapons. That being said, Metro does have it's faults, like most suggestions. I for one don't want to see bad Russian accents on the big screen, we get enough of that already.

However, that being said, most video-games that are role-playing or like the Fallout series leave themselves open for additional media. I'm sure someone could make a good series on Fallout New Vegas easily, with a character you would have never seen, but mentioning people you meet in-game. Considering that the person doesn't come from a vault in the main game, that could also leave a lot to work with. Moving back into the movie though...I'm not sure they could pull it off properly. It's an end-of-the-world type game that runs with a revenge plot. It would almost be like The Book of Eli (Which seemed pretty dang Fallout-esque to me, anyway).

The Halo series shouldn't be done as movies, however. Even with the ODST's and Reach, most of it revolves around the discovery of the Halos in the games. These last two games have been more explaining other roles. And there have been Halo plans for a live action movie (as someone mentioned earlier) and a few animated movies made. All-in-all, Halo has a good fan-base out there doing what they can. Heck, even Red Vs Blue is pretty much becoming a movie now. They have an animation team now, and they're working on season 9, which looks like it's going to be done heavily in CGI, instead of Halo gameplay. This in itself is going to be amazing, I believe. Moving on, however...

The problem with people agreeing to a game becoming a movie is, as a lot of people have said, how it gets done. There are going to be things that every gamer likes or hates in the movie. It's the same with the Marvel movies and the DC movies coming out. You're not exactly sure what's going on in some scenes if you haven't read the comics, and sometimes those very scenes are what get the comic-fans groaning. I won't bash on the movies, because I like the original ones at least. First Iron Man was good, and the first Spiderman was good, as well as a few others that have come out. Thor looks like a good movie-in-the-making and I'm hoping to catch that, but the fact remains that people can and will complain about anything that happens in a movie, a book, or anything. So we have to acknowledge that the most appealing ideas to some of us would be horrendous to others, as well. All-in-all, while the idea of the video game movies is interesting, I don't think it should happen unless the companies that make the games themselves (their own titles, that is) should do the movies.

Again, Hellgate: London done by the team that made it (and Diablo 2 and Torchlight and so on) would an amazing movie. If you've seen any of the cut-scenes (particularly the ones related to the storyline) then you would understand why. They get the best voice actors for each character and the best character models set up for their roles. They know what they're doing and could make CGI movies better than many.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2011 8:46:13 PM PDT
Davidovich53 says:
None. VGs do not translate well into movies (and vice versa). When will people learn?

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 9:36:58 PM PDT
HotTrash says:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Storyline is amazing. Even the second one would be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 12:44:09 PM PDT
Tigs says:
Prince of Persia was awesome. It's the people who make the movies that don't know what they are doing.

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 2:47:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 17, 2011 2:56:59 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 2:57:16 PM PDT
Cosmic Girl says:
Mass Effect will be an excellent movie: if they do it right. If they follow the game closely, and hire the same writers, then it could be the greatest action movie of all time! Also, I think ME is more like Star Trek than Star Wars, though I do see the similarities. There is a great article about this on http://www.couchathletics.com/content/mass-effect-generations-star-trek.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 11:28:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 18, 2011 11:28:45 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 5:21:15 PM PDT
I've played so many games, but Halo (Halo Legends is some form of art. not connected to the storyline of Masterchief, either.), Red Dead Redemption, or even Modern Warfare!

also: how would they make a WOW movie? It's an MMORPG, so a movie might be harder to make than others.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 5:37:07 PM PDT
Jedi Knight, the nightmare scenario of justin beiber playing as Masterchief...ugh, terrible thought. anyway, legend of zelda would be a pretty good film, if done well.

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 11:30:17 AM PDT
Double Dragon

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 12:12:00 PM PDT
Tigs says:
Already made one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 1:31:02 PM PDT
what?! No way

Ok. Contra

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 1:37:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 21, 2011 1:43:05 PM PDT
Tigs says:
Done too! It was called Commando. lol

Double Dragon http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106761/

Double Dragon Amazon DVD link.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 11:23:29 AM PDT
N. Aker says:
Definitely the halo series, it just makes sense aliens and science fiction are kinda in now. Also the Assassins creed series as well, but they kinda did something similar to that already in Prince of Persia from Disney.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 11:57:20 AM PDT
Sisterhavoc says:
Silent Hill 2 - so frustrating that the new movie "Silent Hill 2" is not based on the fan fave game of the same name.

Eternal Darkness would also be a fun movie, but unfortunately, not as fun as actually playing it.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 12:13:21 PM PDT
Tigs says:
Still waiting on ZELDA!!!! What they waiting for? Bring it! Animated or not.

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 8:23:35 PM PDT
Aaron says:
Assassins creed 1 - Revelations into 1 movie. Metal Gear Solid would be epic (be hard to find someone beast enough to play snake). Gears Of War or Halo would be really cool to watch also. But Most definitely Assassins Creed has the most massive story quality and in the hands of the right director would be amazing.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 2:46:29 AM PDT
Rapelay

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 2:47:02 AM PDT
Deadspace

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 11:47:58 PM PDT
rallen says:
Gears of War would make a great movie as long as its not directed by M Night Shyamalan. He ruined Avatar, one of the greatest cartoons ever made.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 12:02:23 AM PDT
Kurt Russell as Snake and Clint Eastwood as Ocelot along with Steve Bucemi as Otacon. too bad Richard Crenna passed away he would've been a great choice for Col. Roy Campell.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 12:07:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 30, 2011 12:11:48 AM PDT
the new ghost recon future soldier game is due out next spring gosh recon the movie is going to star justin bieber

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 10:51:40 AM PDT
Sammy says:
Ms. Pac-man.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2011 8:47:09 PM PDT
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune or Uncharted 2 (PS3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 9:48:39 PM PDT
Dead Space or Gears Of War
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions