Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 174 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 4, 2011 2:05:17 AM PDT
D. Vealey says:
Although I've been around long enough to enjoy the NES when it was still in its prime. I'd have to say my favorite console is the X-BOX 360. Being a Co-Op gamer from the get go, it was very hard to find friends to play Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, Contra, or any other old school couch co-op game.

Just the ease of being able to play with my friends anytime and no matter what part of the world they are in still brings me joy to this day. Sometimes I get on the 360 not to even play games, but only to just sit there and talk with my best friend who used to play couch co-op with me back in the day. That's not to say I don't still enjoy my old consoles. To this day you'll still find me ripping up some Donkey Kong Country. from time to time, or playing Zelda: OOT. Hell, sometimes I even pop in Tetris on the NES just for nostalgia sake. Yet, Nostalgia alone can't outweigh the fun I have with my friends on X-BOX Live.

Posted on Oct 4, 2011 7:35:29 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2011 7:37:22 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 11:49:13 AM PDT
BigHNut says:
The Nintendo 64 was bombin' but as time carried on and new consoles came and went my favorite has to be the Xbox 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 2:02:40 PM PDT
D. Vealey says:
I loved my N64, still play it to this day. But even so I hate that controller. I can't tell you how many times I've had to buy a new one because of that crappy joystick wearing out. Buck Bumble, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and Perfect Dark were my favorite games to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 7:31:20 PM PDT
T. O'Brien says:
I'm 34 years old and the SNES is my all-time favorite, followed closely by the 360. However, I do have a soft spot for the TG-16 since my parent's got it for me because it was cheaper and I couldn't get an SNES until I saved up and bought it for myself. I was the only one of my friends with the TG-16...which was it's problem!

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 10:33:50 AM PDT
GreyWolf says:
Man this is a tough one. From an excitement stand point being 6 or 7 years old and seeing the Atari 2600 setup at the TV and being the first real console we had is something I still get excited about when I think about it. I never was in love with the NES systems, although I have owned the original and still have a GameCube, mainly for Mario Kart for the kids. I love my PS3 and think it is amazing. But for me it would be a toss up between the Sega Genesis and the original Playstation. I still remember playing Battle Arena Toshindon for the first time and being amazed by the graphics and game play. For me I would have to go with the PS, as from the time it came out, the system just amazed me beyond belief. Most of my favorite games still came out on that system. From Battle Arena, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX, and Tactics, Crash Bandicoot games, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Twisted Metal, Chrono Cross, etc. The list goes on and on. Maybe it was the age I was at that time and had the most time to game, but for me it would be the PS and the Sega genesis just behind.

From Sega I miss Master of Monsters, the Shining Force Series, World Series Baseball, WWF games especially the royal rumble, the fun Disney games like Lion King and Aladdin. I remember spending a long time trying to get through the elephant grave yard.

But man thinking of these old systems does bring back some memories.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011 11:42:55 PM PDT
Mark Hamster says:
SNES by far. The best versions of all my favorite franchises, except Castlevania

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI

And of course, then there's Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, which I love equally (I have a soft spot for SoM)

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 10:39:24 AM PDT
Erica Sharp says:
Give me a SNES with Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Kirby Super Star, F-Zero X, and Megaman X, X2, and X3 and forget I exist. That's all I'd be doing.

Posted on Oct 12, 2011 10:59:46 AM PDT
Kevin Custer says:
My fondest memories are from playing games on the original NES...but I would have to say my favorite console of all time would be the Xbox 360

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 8:52:03 AM PDT
CAPS ON! says:
Well, I played the Atari 2600 until my thumb was numb. It was my first cartridge based system (and I still have it).
Even thought I still love my Intellivision and my Colecovision, I guess my favorite was the Sega Genesis.

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 10:10:25 PM PDT
E. Xiong says:
I know this sounds lame, but the OG Playstation, for one reason alone Final Fantasy VII.

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:13:35 AM PDT
gamerkilla08 says:
I agree N64 had the best craziest games and were fun as hell.

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:53:06 AM PDT
That is a tough one I would have to say Sony PlayStation and Xbox 360

Sony Playstation -before I had kids was huge for me, Panzer General (still have the game) Tomb raider, crash bandicoot, Metal gear solid, resident evil, Ghost recon and so many more

Xbox360 After kids - Me and both my boys love our xbox360's (in the house we have ps2, ps3, and WII also) - I cant tell you how many games we have bought and played I would guess 150 at least. Favorite Series ever on it GEARS OF WAR, loved Rainbow six Vegas and Vegas 2 (played online with my friends for a year strait), Ghost recon (me and my wife played online together), WWE (kids), Call of Duty from 3 up to COD Black Ops (kids play this WAAAAYYYY more than me), crackdown, fallout, Fable 2 and 3, Bio-shock, Assassins Creed all of them, splinter cell conviction, Civilization Revolution (got 1000 achievement points on this one), Alan Wake (loved this one too), Batman Arkham Asylum (finished it but needed my oldest son helped) this is when you know you are over 40...lol, Spider man web of shadows, Mercenaries 2. Every game I have listed here I completed.

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 9:13:11 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I think nostalgia makes the older systems great, sometimes greater than they were. The Atari Jaguar is one. I swear I was one of the only one's to own that system. But man I remember reading reviews of AvP and Tempest and knew I had to have one.

I was eighteen and living with my parents so I got the paycheck. Checked all the stores and found one in an out of the way videostore. Played Cybermorph and it sucked, so went to EB and got AvP and played for hours and then Tempest and Doom and Wolfenstein. Great games. So much potential there but never executed. I even did not mind the controller as I had a 5200 for years and got used to those controllers.

I really miss Atari. Sega too but I have more memories with Atari being a child of the 80s.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 4:52:17 PM PDT
Redblaze says:
can't choose I have the xbox 360, Nintendo Wii(yes I still play that), nintendo 64(my first console), playstation 2, and Sega Dreamcast
360-Gears, Fable, Monday Night Combat, Shadow Complex.
wii-Metroid, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Madworld, plus all my gamecube games.
Playstation 2-Ratchet & Clank, Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur 3,LoK: Defiance.
N64- Conker, Perfect Dark, Starfox64, Banjo-Kazooie
Dreamcast- LoK: Soul Reaver, Sonic Adventure, Sword of the Berserk, Crazy Taxi(everytime I hear The Offspring it Makes me want to play it)
and even though most of mine are for the gamecube
All- Resident Evil

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 9:16:53 PM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
This is easy: SNES...many great memories from childhood with that one

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 3:38:41 AM PDT
S. Madgwick says:
PS1 Used to go to my cousins house exclusively to play Crash and Spyro.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 3:44:03 AM PDT
ucla says:
I had a Jaguar when I was a kid and AVP was the greatest game at the time! Kasumi ninja was decent too but Mortal Kombat far surpassed that at the time.

I think the majority of my memories though come from playing either Goldeneye or Mario Kart on my N64 or NHL 199X on Playstation 1. Before I got my Playstation I wanted either a 3do or Cdi but, the salesman at Incredible Universe (Greatest store ever comparable to frys size wise but, had tons of video game displays on new games) talked my mom into a PS and although for nostalgia I wish I had the other two now (although they would just collect dust) I am glad I got a Playstation.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:35:59 AM PDT
Favorite would have to be N64 playing Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye with friends,Second would be the PS1 for great single player games like Final Fantasy 7,Resident Evil, and Metal Gear Solid.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 12:12:17 PM PDT
Mine would be SNES, still would be playing it if it didn't break.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 9:12:05 AM PDT
Jonathan says:
tie between ps1 and snes. the good old final fantasy days

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 10:11:29 AM PDT
Fidel Amaya says:
i have to go with SNES and original Playstion. Those were my first two consoles. I remember playing SMW and having so much fun. And then Auto Destruc for the PS1. Good memories!

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 11:04:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2011 8:00:06 AM PDT
Gin says:
Being a JRPG fan, I have to go with PS2 and PSX. But loving my X360 right now, just wish it and the ps3 had more jrpgs =\.

PSX: Xenogears (Quite frankly one of the best games I've ever played, far better than any of the Final Fantasys'), FF7-9 =D,Tactics, Brave Fencer Musashi, etc.
PS2: .hack (every single one was a masterpiece =D), Xenosaga, DBZ: Budokai 3, Persona 3-4, The whole set of Shin Megami Tensei games, Disgaea, Kingdom Hearts 1-2, Shinobi, Nightshade, etc.

Edit: Forgot Rogue Galaxy!

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 4:39:05 AM PDT
guy says:
ps2

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 12:26:31 PM PDT
D. Reber says:
NES has to be my all time favorite..Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt even to this day when I pop them in my system it makes me feel 8 again!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions