Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Do you love or hate remastered PS3 games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 141 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 24, 2011 2:12:25 PM PDT
Peter Popoff says:
They are releasing a remastered version of FF X in 2012 in Japan for the 10th anniversary. Not a remake, but with HD graphical improvements I will definitely buy if it comes to the US. I have FF VII, VIII, and IX on my PS3 hard drive already. Still waiting for VI to be released though. I think that remastering old classics are good. I play JRPGs mostly now, but it wasn't that way till a few years ago. If you love a game series than you will want to play all the games, and that can get really expensive if you didn't pick up the games years ago when they first came out. I fell in love with the Tales Series when playing Tales of Vesperia. The older games in the series like Destiny and Eternia each cost me over $100 USED because copies are so rare now. If they rereleased these older games they would be a lot less expensive. Many games, like shooters, people are only interested in the newer games. But RPGs, because they are more story/character driven, remain great after more than a decade. Overall, I think they should do it.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 8:59:51 PM PST
Energico Q8 says:
wth its like reading a book not a post :O

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 9:04:30 PM PST
Energico Q8 says:
i respect ur choice of gaming dude V8 is one of the best games i have ever played i wish they make one in the new generation

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 4:11:58 PM PST
Nicos says:
I love them so much I would buy a PS3 if they ever released the MoHun Portable 3rd HD remix here in the states.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:25:03 PM PST
I'm thankful for the reintroduction of great titles into HD format. This is my first Sony console and am blessed to play exclusive titles that I have missed out on.

I have bought the god of war collection, mgs hd collection and the ico/shadow of colossus collection. These titles are nothing short of masterpieces.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 8:20:19 AM PST
Depends how horribly done they are. For example, FFX HD remake is going to be terrible. RE:CVX and RE4 HD remake is also horrible, as demonstrated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 8:23:16 AM PST
I too intend to buy the silent hill HD coll. I am purchasing the MGS one right now. Where's fatal frame hd remake coll, damnit!?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 8:29:09 AM PST
All over the world, actually. Not just Japan.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 11:01:37 AM PST
i hate ones which are half A$% ehmm capcom, but if it is done well and truely re-mastered i think its good if one is fond of a certain game/series (metal gear) but ive seen some aweful HD renditions..

if its done right and for games which "deserve" a new life in the age of high def then yes..
"deserved" meaning a game which is worthy , example being a very good game which lacked the technical elements of high def etc due to the time of production..
i dont like when there are changes in the game, i can appreciate extra content and additional features. but as ar as the game itself, well the dialogue and plot should not be altered.. the quality of graphics and tweaking / enhancing sound is good, but the game should remain in its original state in regards to dialogue and story..

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 11:45:19 AM PST
zedo0 says:
I personally love them. I'm presently playing all the God of War's in order. I've beaten parts 1 & 2 on the PS2 before but it's great seeing superb games getting a 2nd round.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 8:03:59 PM PST
ScottyBoy says:
I will answer your question because no body else will(they just bitch bitch and bitch).

I love them.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:23:19 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
They are awsome but only if they game is only getting a Sound/Picture update. When they start messing with the Story Line and changing the Voice Cast, thats when they screw up the game.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 4:25:23 PM PST
R. Sigmon says:
Depends on how well done it is and how rare the original is. I actually own MGS2 and MGS3 but I'm still going to keep them because of the fact that they are the original PS2 versions. In fact I even own the original MG and can't wait to play it on my PS3.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 7:54:38 PM PST
I like Remastered games since I never had a ps2 so it's like I get to play great games with a new look and a great price to boot!
I am playing God of War Collection right now only cost me 20 bucks. Great Game and deal!
I just bought Tomb Raider Trilogy last month for $16
That's the sweet thing about the ps3 and a blu ray disk, you can pack it with a older remastered game series for a cheap price!

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:48:55 PM PST
ive only gotten the tomb raiderand sly cooper remasters so far and I love being able to play them on my pS3 .I wan't into console gaming much in the PS2 era so this is my first chance at playing them.I look forward to getting other HD collections to see what I missed even if my backlog of current games is long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 2:46:42 AM PST
Knightedrik says:
I second that insanity.. $500 for remastered FF7

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 4:01:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 14, 2012 4:02:04 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:45:55 AM PST
T. Paslay says:
I think it's great for those who missed out on playing them at their original release. Personally I've either played them when they were first out (and most likely still own them) or I didn't want to play them the first time and don't feel compelled to now either. It's a great tool for releasing compilations of popular titles and it's not detracting from developing new games, so I think it's a very good thing overall.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 7:20:02 PM PST
Jes says:
Depends on the quality of the remaster. Just because a company redoes something in HD, or 3D, doesn't mean it will be better. Insert rant about Disney and 3D Lion King/Beauty and the Beast here.

I am pleased with the remasters I have played thus far: Sly Cooper and the God of War collections. Silent Hill collection, we'll see I guess.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 9:35:26 AM PST
I don't mind them, but even if I didn't like them I'd just not buy them (as I've done for most of them, save God of War and I'll probably pick up Ico and Shadow of the Collossus later on).

Posted on May 22, 2012 6:49:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 6:51:52 AM PDT
THEY NEED TO RELEASE THE ONIMUSHA TRILOGY!!!

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:49:42 AM PDT
J. Rivera says:
I love, love, love GOD OF WAR origins colection, the PSP to PS3, little hate Tombraider the best PSx, more originality game for than PS3 version

Posted on May 29, 2012 3:06:43 PM PDT
B. Kelly says:
Remastering something in HD has never changed my mind about a game. If I didn't like it before, I still don't like it now. However if I enjoyed the older game, then usually the HD upgrade is nice and I can still enjoy the game in between newer games.

I think later this year (if it launches on time) will be the first time I try a remastered game that I never played the original - Zone of Enders. I know the story and background, but never played a game. I'm hoping they are as fun as they sound.

Posted on May 29, 2012 9:46:40 PM PDT
Bivens2 says:
Love it. I replay old games all the time and I love having the opportunity to play them in HD. The Jak collection was a dream and I can't wait for Final Fantasy X HD

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:50:26 AM PDT
Unless it's super expensive to buy the old version of- I personally find these games to be a waste. Most of the upscaling they claim to do is barely noticeable and achievements and trophies do not entice me. Unless they make it online, add levels that were only in import versions and actually playable content such as that, I don't buy them.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  73
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions