nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more
Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 174 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 6, 2012 6:17:37 PM PST
R. Cottrell says:
Xbox 360 and Gamecube (Ya I know but I really liked it)

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 7:20:27 PM PST
Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo, Wii, Xbox 360

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 3:45:55 AM PST
N64 is probably my favorite console of all time.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 7:35:10 PM PST
Famicom! I grew up in Japan because my dad was in the Navy and we were stationed overseas.

I remember:

-Mario Bros. (flipping over enemies and dodging fireballs)
-Dracula II/Castlevania II (open world exploration and a day/night cycle)
-Duck Hunt (I always tried to shoot the dog!)
-Rockman/Megaman (excellent boss battles and music)
-Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari/River City Ransom (super awesome co-op hi-jinks and large open world)

and the list goes on and on!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 9:09:24 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I loved CastleVania II. I remember my buddy getting it. Lucky dude, got all the games. His parents were divorced and they bought his affection. He had NES Advantage and tons of games. We used to play Simon's Quest all the time. Still my favorite CastleVania. I doubt it holds up today and while Symphony comes close, my memories of that one are fonder.

Still baffled as to why a true CastleVania game has not been released on XBLA and PSN.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 2:28:46 PM PST
ThaRoost says:
Man I had my Genesis.... with the 32x attached on top.... and the Sega Cd attached on the side. I was the coolest kid in school, nobody else had the mofackin transformer lookin azz console like me. I don't remember the name of the game, but it was the one that had a lot of video and you were in a house trying to find who's killing muhfackas. You could like set trap doors and all that shizz, and there were teenager hotties all-up-n their drawers n stuff. Man that game was tha dope back in the sega cd days.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 5:34:19 PM PST
Robert Kiehn says:
You must be talking about Night Trap! Cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 5:36:18 PM PST
Robert Kiehn says:
Search youtube for: The Angry Video Game Nerd Castlevania II Simon's Quest and you'll see why it's the worst in the series of Castlevania games!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 6:33:42 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Is it going to mess with nostalgia? I will check it out....I am sure the game does not hold up.

Yeah: Night Trap. I had the Sega CD. It was pretty sweet. Never did get a 32X. Instead a Jaguar. Wish I still had them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 11:42:29 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 9, 2012 11:42:42 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 11:43:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2012 11:44:23 AM PST
Night Trap

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 1:56:22 AM PDT
Retroplore says:
Here is my most favorite video game console of all time:

PlayStation 2 Console Slim - Black

Ps2 Console w/ Wireless Adapter

It plays my favorite Tekken games (Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4, and Tekken 5). It is the first video game console to ever play DVDs. It is nice, black, etc. Even though it is over a decade, it is still cool, graphic, and considered not old but new/recent.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 4:49:52 AM PDT
I still have my 3DO and AD&D Slayers for it along with my 2 saved characters. Still hunting for last 2 +4 weapons. Only classic console i still use.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 11:10:19 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I never got a 3DO that and never having a Saturn or TurboGrafx has disappointed me a bit. I was one of the few who had a Jaguar though!

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 11:04:14 AM PDT
Dark Chicken says:
I'll be one of the few and the proud and proclaim that the PSP is my all time favorite console. I know that it's not a home console, but it is a machine dedicated to video games.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 9:12:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 9:20:51 AM PDT
J. Parmelee says:
I would have to say even though some of my best memories as a gamer were of the NES and the Game Genie, Nintendo Game Cube and Nintendo 64 are still two of my favorites. The Nintendo 64 had some amazing games that were some of the best of all time like Super Mario 64 and The Legend Of Ocarina Of Time while the Game Cube had some of the best acsessories Nintendo ever put out like the wireless Wave Bird controller and the Nintendo Game Boy Player. I was pretty disappointed in the Wii as far as games acsessories go. The only ones I can think of that I really like are the classic controller andthe Wii Shop network, while it has a lot of old school games and a web browser available for download I prefer playing the original versions which were already available on most easy to find systems. Also no rumble feature for any of the downloadable Wii versions of any Nintendo 64 games.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 5:07:52 AM PDT
Hard to decide:
1) NES
2) X360
3) PSone

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 9:03:55 AM PDT
Some may disagree, but I feel that title goes to the Dreamcast. Never have we had such an awesome variety of gamesprobably since the 16-Bit days. If it was managed better it would have lasted a lot longer than it did.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:57:26 PM PDT
Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but I don't think anything will ever top the NES. That system revolutionized gaming. After many years with the Atari 2600, the NES seemed like some kind of miracle, and I will never forget the pure awe and joy that arose from playing so many of the amazing classics that the NES was home to. I loved the Super NES and the N64 was yet another enormous revolution in gaming that provided my friends and I with more wonderful times than I can recall (four-player Mario Kart and GoldenEye may never be topped!!)... and I certainly love the current slate of consoles, especially the Wii and Xbox 360, but I think the NES will forever hold the dearest place in my heart!

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 12:06:24 PM PDT
Fidel Amaya says:
SNES and PSOne come in a tie for first

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 7:51:11 AM PDT
SmartShopper says:
NES with the Mario's, excite bike, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Bionic Commando, Heavy Barrel, TMNT's, Base Wars. Sega genesis- Streets of Rage's, Comix Zone, PS1-Tekken, Twisted Metal, Jet-Moto. PS2, MGS, NCAA football, Madden. PS3-Prototype, COD.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 3:44:24 PM PDT
d@_dude says:
NES is my all-time fav console, followed closely by SNES and PS1. PS2 was good but it was my depart from console and step into PC gaming. PS3 brought me back to consoles.

NES because of: SMB1 (Super Mario Bros), SMB2, SMB3, Double Dragon series, Ninja Gaiden series, Mike Tyson's Punch-out, Contra, The Legend of Zelda and of course, Final Fantasy II. These were the games that gave me my fondest memories of my childhood.

For SNES: Super Mario World (first memory with Yoshi), Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Super Mario Cart, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Star Fox.

And for PS1, although there are a lot of good games: Final Fantasy VII and Legacy of Kain takes this one for me. The latter is what made me get a PS1 to begin with.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 7:12:33 PM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I just (re)purchased an Xbox yesterday (30 bucks). I played some Jade Empire today. I think the Xbox is one of my favorites, I forgot how many great games it had. I just purchased a bunch of games for about 30 bucks online.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 7:46:15 PM PDT
Miriam says:
The Sega Saturn, oh man the fun times I had with that thing. Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2, Nights, Daytona USA, Bug. Such great games.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 3:31:06 PM PDT
MidnightKid says:
super nintendo...the system that made games what they are today. Oh and also the very first console i ever played when i was 4 :') ahhh good times
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions