Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-174 of 174 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:10:32 PM PDT
splashlog says:
nes
being a teen. borrowing/swapping games from friends. there was no gamestop or amazon to trade in or buy used games. the heartbreak of spending your saved up allowance for months on buyin some god awful game because the cover and after reading the back, it seemed like it would be a good purchase.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:26:47 PM PDT
Don Moriarty says:
Playstation no doubt, first game on there was FFIX, then had FFVII and FFVIII. down the list are N64, PS2 (this was made for RPGs), SNES, NES and then Genesis. Never liked the brick the regular Xbox was, but the Xbox 360 was amazingly better machine, although I love the design of the PS3 more, so those two tie.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:42:05 AM PDT
The Sega Genesis. I spent countless hours playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 2, Mickey Mania, The Revenge of Shinobi and various other games. Maybe it was because I was so young when I got my Genesis, but I have never had as much fun playing any other console.

Posted on May 8, 2012 1:08:52 PM PDT
Aging Gamer says:
Xbox 360 all the way.

Posted on May 9, 2012 2:46:10 AM PDT
Gonna have to pick my favorites via generation:

8-bit: NES
16-bit: Sega Genesis
32-bit: Sony Playstation
64-bit: Nothing- N64 sucked. Goldeneye sucked. By now I'm happily using Voodoo 3 and treated to UT and Q3.
6th Gen: PS2
7th Gen: PS3- Micro$oft has made the 360 into something ugly. Ugly like what you would get if AOL and EA made a baby.
8th Gen: Don't know yet, but at this rate it will NOT be anything with "box" in it's name.

Posted on May 27, 2012 4:21:14 AM PDT
pedrovay2003 says:
The one I spent the most time with was the GameCube. My absolute FAVORITE console was, and still is, the Dreamcast. That thing was so far ahead of its time, it had ALL the stuff that cause people to whine about now if they don't get it -- voice chat, DLC, online play, it was all there.

Posted on May 27, 2012 2:51:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 28, 2012 2:06:06 PM PDT]

Posted on May 27, 2012 3:41:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 3:41:37 PM PDT
Steve says:
PS2 and N64!!!!

Posted on May 28, 2012 3:21:19 AM PDT
The PS1 was and is still my favorite, Genesis would be second. I have hated Nintendo my whole life and still do.
The PS1 games were outstanding, they had the best game play and replay value of any gaming system out there.
I still play PS1 games all the time, back when games were fun and you didn't have to pause the damn game to figure out what button does what like nowadays. The old games just let you play them and have fun, now you have to concentrate on everything your doing. When games went for the ultra-realistic approach they stopped being fun.

Posted on May 29, 2012 9:47:38 PM PDT
Bivens2 says:
PS2, narrowly beating out PS1 and SNES. (The fact that it could play PS1 games gave it the win)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 11:00:01 AM PDT
Nintendo Entertainment System

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 8:56:47 AM PDT
S. Patterson says:
I would say Xbox 1 since it was the first console I bought on my own with money I saved from working my first job. I got Halo, Need for Speed, and Prince of Persia. I got it back in 2003 if I can recall, man those were the days...

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 12:23:18 PM PDT
Daniel M says:
In order of Awesomeness:

1) NES
2) Tie: N64 and Wii
3) Xbox 360
4) SNES
5) Genesis
6) Xbox
7) Atari 2600
8) PS2
9) PS3
10) Sega 32X

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 6:35:48 PM PDT
Dreamcast, SNES or NES. It's a toss up.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:46:40 AM PDT
Daniel Parks says:
PS2 is pretty much the only console that continued to sell (and put out games) long after the next gen consoles came along. There's a reason why the new PS3s are not backward compatible and you only get a small selection of downloadable games on PSN. The PS2 was a beast! Still is.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:50:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 3:04:38 PM PDT
C. B. WIGLE says:
I had the most fun with the nes, genesis, snes, and n64. Even more had I not been robbed during a trip to the mall in Miami (nes went poof), "friends" hadn't swiped a number of nes and snes games from my game bag, and home mover/s hadn't stolen my genesis and all genesis games some time during the first move.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 2:51:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 25, 2012 2:52:59 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:28:46 PM PDT
mick says:
Me and my little bro have a lot of good memories with the SNES, PS1 was the first system I bought with my own hard earned cash, and I can't decide between the two. But my first memories of the NES are also quite fond. I'm a bit of a wishwasher

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 5:31:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 5:34:16 PM PDT
Andrew Ward says:
Tech-wise, it's a tie between the Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast. Yes the Saturn was a fail, but it was also great for what it could do. Some of the ports (Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, etc) actually did look better than the PS1, the only problem was that it had difficulty doing sprites (ex: poor water textures, which can be seen with the plant creature in the generator room in RE1).

Nostalgic-wise, it was the PS1, simply because it had some of the best games on that platform. Dino Crisiss, Tomba, Megaman Legends 1 and 2 (despite the superiority of the N64 version), Crash Bandicoot, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Dreamcast was great for it's time in that it supported Hi-Definition (referring to that generation of gaming's Hi-Def, not as much as modern HD) and was one of the first consoles to have online gameplay (Phantasy Star).

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 7:48:48 PM PDT
In my personal opinion:

1.) Xbox: my first console. Bought for Halo, but found classics such as KOTOR and Jade Empire I still play today
2.) N64: Goldeneye with my cousins is one of my fondest memories. Starfox was great too.
3.) Xbox 360: played more than any other console with the most games, but the RROD and reliability issues knock it to third place
4.) Playstation: played all sorts of games with my cousins including Vigilante and Warpath: Jurassic Park (yes it sucked, but so fun!)
5.) Dreamcast: didn't play much, but ahead of its time

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 12:39:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012 12:40:23 PM PDT
Scottypiper says:
Have to agree with almost all your top 5.
Mine goes as:

1 -Xbox: Halo, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Ninja Gaiden.
2- N64: 007 goldeneye, KI Gold, MK Trilogy, and Mario 64.
3- 360: My most played current gen console.
4- Playstation: Resident Evil (I still remember the dog jumping through the window and scaring the piss out of me and my friend). FFVII - one of my all time favorite games and I have it downloaded on my PS3.
5- Gamecube: Resident Evil 4, Ocarina of time master quest, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, Beyond good and evil, paper mario. I still own the most games for this system.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:24:15 AM PST
Waldo says:
I never owned every single console out there so I can't really say out of all time, but the ones I did own, Atari, NES, SNES, & PS3! Also own a Wii, but that is my least favorite out of all of them! PS3 & SNES are my favorites though!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:21:42 AM PST
tie between SNES and N64. i didn't care about Sega until Dreamcast came out, which in my opinion was their best console. Genesis and Saturn were good, but nothing captured Sega for me like the Dreamcast did.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 11:05:51 AM PST
Andrew Ross says:
Reading through a lot of people's comments, it becomes evident what are the top answers: NES, SNES, and N64. Almost everyone's "fondest" memories are of a Nintendo system. However, every time I look on these boards, I see constant Nintendo bashing! The Wii and the WiiU aren't getting enough credit for what they bring to the table.. I guess people think they're just "too good" for Nintendo now-a-days, even though the company has given you countless hours of joy.

Well.. for all those people who rave about the NES/SNES Marios, go get the New Super Mario Bros games. Mario 64? I give you Mario Galaxy. Mario Kart? Mario Kart Wii is awesome. Donkey Kong? Donkey Kong Country Returns was an amazing game. Kirby? Return to Dreamland for the Wii! Zelda I think speaks for itself! Don't forget about the Virtual Console which brings all of your favorite retro games back to life. (I'll admit that Starfox has never been given its fair shake in the generations following N64 though..)

Nintendo systems have plenty to offer and don't deserve to be hated on as much as they are. I don't play my Wii or WiiU as much as my PS3, but I certainly understand that there are a ton of fun games offered on my Nintendo systems!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions