Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Are the Halo games suitable for an eleven year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2011 7:18:19 AM PDT
I think that while the Halo series is technically rated Mature, it is suitable for an 11 year old. The death animations aren't graphic, and the blood is not noticeable like in Gears of War or other Mature games. Also, the community that plays the Halo games online is generally young, in the 11-14 year old range.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 7:22:54 AM PDT
J. Baker says:
the first one not the rest

Posted on Oct 7, 2011 9:27:48 AM PDT
kids should be playing pokemon mario and crashbandicot
but kids are liitle ..... who just want to fit in with the rest of the world but thats nature so....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2011 2:14:07 AM PDT
CapriSun says:
Dude iam 12 and the only blood is blue alien stuff and online content is not rated by esrb also its a great series of games

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 4:09:22 PM PDT
Trust Me says:
Kids just want to have fun, it's adults that trip over little things like a letter on the back of a box. =P
Glad she got it for you, besides you seem like a pretty mature enough kid to be doing this anyway.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 9:34:28 PM PDT
halo is fine for an 8 year old and up its fun it lets you blow some steam sometimes and its not a terrible gorey game.... this is 1/5 votes so tell your mom you got one more :) when i was your age i played m games all the time tell your mom its fine.... one game you should not play is metro 2033 that game might be scary for an 11 year old but halo is fun amazing goodness.... mom let your kid buy his game its fun not gorey and hey hes gonna play it some day right??? no point in saying no all you will do is make him mad.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2011 9:58:54 AM PDT
the blood is alien , so it purple pink not red . seems to me more rated Teen .

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 11:39:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2011 11:41:52 AM PDT
BigHNut says:
Halo's violence is nothing compared to that of games like Call of Duty or Gears of War. If there's any shooter game that you're willing to have your child experience I would recommend it being Halo. Halo isn't brutal, sure it's got blood but it's not like you're mutilating and dismembering people like in Gears of War, in Halo you shoot aliens or apposing spartan's and there's like a couple drops of blood. It's not very violent, if you truly want to figure out whether your child should play the game watch videos of it online before hand. It's a good game to start them off with, it's entertaining, has an interesting plot, and has a lot to do. It has kept me entertained through the years. :D
Kids watch worse things on television so I don't see the problem. xD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 10:14:50 AM PST
No they aren't suitable for anyone because they are terrible games. Frankly I don't think it would be problematic for you to play it, but I do not suggest you play it online at all. The people and the things they say, on the internet, in this game are far worse than anything you will find in the game itself. They all curse and routinely use racial slurs towards everyone, in addition to making sexual references, etc. etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 10:15:24 AM PST
The remake is on live. It depends which version - original Halo was lan only, yes.

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 11:59:39 AM PST
badguy says:
If youre allowed to watch cartoons on cartoon network during the day then yes halo is suitable for you.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:15:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 9, 2012 8:18:21 AM PDT
our son is almost 5 years age, please tell my husband (who just bought Halo for my son!) if this game is for our son? I'm speechless and may have to go counseling. I need to see what most parents reaction will be

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 11:01:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 10, 2012 1:52:40 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 8:35:17 PM PDT
Moderate1 says:
I think it's fine for you if ur a mature 11 yr old young man. I know a 3 yr old who was playing those games...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 12:05:33 AM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
I don't really want to sound like an old fart but if the shoe fits...but seriously,I assume you are a male by your response (if I am wrong then I do apologize) so that is how I will refer to you. I was amazed at what an extremely mature thing to say. When I was your age I probably would make some snarky,smart-assed remark - if I would even bother. So I just wanted to say,"Good job"+ I hope your parents appreciate the job they did raisjng a good kid.Take care,Ted Hackett.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 4:57:03 AM PDT
Moderate1 says:
I can't tell if ur being sarcastic, but yes I'm a 30 yr old male. I'm not tho a man who likes war and UFC... All I know is I played Halo one and two. I really as a protective adult over children think the Halo's I played were fine. I'm not sure about the 3 yr old playing that and similar more violent games but I'm not his parent. They say they have lots of talks with him so he knows he's shooting bad guys...He's abt 5 now and a good kid. I wouldn't get it for a kid under 9-10, but 11 is ok in my humble opinion. I havent seen 3,4 or 5 if there is one. But that parent knows their kid best and if they'll be having nightmares... as far as my parents, they raised me right but ant bad I did was due to my own stupidity. I havent lived with my pops since i was 9, not even the same country and my mum passed when I was 24. I am moving back to London in a month after 21 yrs to live w my 61 yr old father to make up for lost time and take care of and be there for him cuz he was heart broken when we were separated. The only game I could compare Halo to would be The Conduit for Wii. Video games can be good for the brain I think and are better than drugs and real violence. You can also use video games as a motivation and positive reinforcement for ur kid gtg good grades, etc. Maybe even play games with ur kids so u can see how they view the game and if ur really concerned they have games like nerf shooting games where u shoot foam things at each other in a game I believe. I don't see whats so good abt my comment and thats y I don't know if ur being sarcastic. Either way, there's my piece. What happened to Mario brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog, no dispute there...lol
Peace,
Yusha(Joshua)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 4:14:30 PM PDT
Ronai Sanzer says:
the game is rated M which is 18 and up, so no.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 6:40:09 PM PDT
I never thought Halo deserved an M rating to be honest. There is more violence and harsher language in TV-14 shows and PG13 movies. Heck Call of Duty 2 was worse and it got a T.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 1:57:22 PM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
No I wasn't being sarcastic,I was truly sincere in my comment & I was agree w/you whole-heartedly. I'm just pleasantly surprised to hear a younger person,like yourself,sounded so grounded & wiser beynd his yrs. I know that it can very hard deciphering wether or not someone is being sarcastic or not but you sound like someone who is a good father & role model.I hope you have a good life Again,Good job son,very good job.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 2:48:31 PM PDT
Moderate1 says:
Thank you very kindly, I needed that.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 9:49:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 9:51:12 PM PDT
riptide8 says:
My Six year old finished REACH and loved it, he cant wait till Halo 4. Its a Sci Fi shooter. He is not allowed to play online. He is not allowed to play many games I own, none of the MOH,COD or battlefield whatever the version. Other than a few cuss words I see no harm in shooting and punching imaginary monsters. He shoots real guns pretty well for his age but, he is not allowed to kill anything with them till he is 12 and has a hunting license.By then he will be bowhunting for everything but birds, he will shoot his shotgun for birds. He then will eat anything he shoots or not shoot it. He knows the difference between fantasy and reality. I will still not let him play a game with a human target.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 12:48:56 PM PDT
T. HACKETT says:
You are sooo over reacting to this. I am a 53 yr old parent + a long-time gamer + would much,much rather my 5 yr play "Halo" (off-line only.That is imperative) than watch 95% of what's on TV. First off the blood is Blue so it just looks like a little blue goo. Secondly,they are learning hand/eye coordination. The main character is fine role model. He's a man of strong moral convictions. He's a listener. The archetypal strong,silent type who runs toward the commontion instead of running scared.The hero that all fathers want their son to become. As another poster mentioned...watch some vids on Youtube.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 10:20:17 AM PDT
Sars says:
I didnt even realize this was an old thread till about half way through the first page lol

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:00:29 AM PDT
No
Never
Not in a million years

All the people I've ever known who played it before at least 15 (And even those who played it over 17) turned oyt dumber then a bag of rocks from playing a game like that with mindless violence and nothing but shoot which is hardly a game

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 11:43:04 AM PDT
Mr.Mystery says:
I think its suitable. Your mom should not over react to it. It isnt that bad, Its very cartoony to me. Theres not much blood and gore. I would say its safe for an eleven year old. Plus alot of kids your age are getting much worse games
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  122
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions