Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Do you love or hate remastered PS3 games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 141 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:02:23 PM PST
i despise them. remasters are NOT remakes, remakes are in an ENTIRELY different league and yet people STILL continue to confuse the two together. remasters are completely worthless and people only ever seem to buy them anymore is if they have trophies/ achievements. HD Collections are even worse - an old game on a new console is still ugly, regardless of how much polish they add to it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 2:44:15 AM PST
Chase S. says:
I like them a lot. Sure you could say that it is essentially a way for companies to squeeze extra cash out of their older franchises, and there's probably plenty of truth to that. But if they do a good job with it, who cares? If you don't like it don't buy it.

Me, I like having all three Sly games remastered on one disc. I like having all three Metroid Prime games remastered on disc. etcetera, etcetera.

Sometimes they even improve the games in the process, such as in the case of the Metroid games where they added motion aiming.

Me, I'm dying to see an SSX Trilogy just for SSX 3, but EA doesn't seem to have jumped on the bandwagon quite like Sony and Ubisoft have.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:20:40 AM PST
Waldo says:
What a dumb OP, but in answer to the question at hand I LOVE them because I never owned a PS2 or played any of their games and having a PS3 now I can really appreciate all their HD glory as they are fun games that I missed previously and now I'm glad they are available for me to play!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 10:32:45 AM PST
they are waste of money and quick-in. the only one i own is MGS HD Limited Edition. for collector's purpose.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:54:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 10:54:59 PM PST
I'd like to see Archon, Untima III Exodus, and finally (a weird one lol) M.U.L.E
all remade in glorious HD. (I love Retro HD remakes)
not too fond of this generation of collections though.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:14:23 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
Love it!

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 8:58:54 PM PDT
Solidus says:
I really hate the term "remastered" in regards to HD ports of old games.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 1:28:08 PM PDT
MEE says:
Same thing as re-releasing a movie on blu-ray to me. No problem with it.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:46:21 PM PDT
I like them some what because of the, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Because it bought metal gear solid peace walker to the ps3 and got it off the useless psp.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 6:54:12 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 13, 2012 2:29:45 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:24:23 PM PDT
tjm01572 says:
"One HD remaster/remake I would not buy--but hope is released--is FF7. It bored me to tears the first time around, personally. People would realize that the game wasn't all that great, it was just the first 3D large-scale RPG most people played."

....blasphemy...shame on you Christopher

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 1:19:18 PM PDT
It's a good thing. I loved playing ICO HD, even though I couldn't bring myself to play SotC HD since I'd played that game ten times over. I suspect I'll love the MGS collection I just received as a gift, seeing as I never got around to playing anything but the first game (which was a remake in itself; I played "Twin Snakes" for gamecube).

One HD remaster/remake I would not buy--but hope is released--is FF7. It bored me to tears the first time around, personally. People would realize that the game wasn't all that great, it was just the first 3D large-scale RPG most people played. Just like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Castlevania: SotN, it was a huge step, but not really as good as the hype. (I loved all those games too, but honestly comparing OoT to the later 3D Zeldas and SotN to Aria of Sorrow or Lords of Shadow is a game-changer, no pun intended.)

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 10:06:12 PM PDT
LOVE!! I mean, why not? There were some games I didn't get for the PS2 that now come in a nice HD collection for 39.99 or lower.In the case of God of War Origins, the PSP collection is great as I don't own the PSP but I still get to play the games (just wish they would release the Star Wars BattleFront PSP game for the PS#!!).

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 5:15:50 AM PDT
badguy says:
I dont agree with them but I guess its smart business though since they already have an existing set of games they can tweak, repackage, and make money off of it. My disagreement didnt stop me from rebuying MGS2&3 with Peace Walker being the only new experience for me in that set. If i've played a game and liked it but dont actually own them i'll grab one of the hd versions but if I already have it no sale (Metal Gear being the only exception).

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 3:30:17 PM PDT
C. Burpee says:
I like the Re-mastered HD PS2 Games coming out for the PS3. I never got to play them for the PS2 when I had one so for me getting these in HD and on the PS3 is a treat. I have bought: The Sly Collection, Jak and Daxter collection and just recently purchased Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collection. I have already played the Sly and Jak collections and absolutely love them. I can't wait for the new Sly game to come out. Haven't played the Ico/Sotc series yet (still working on another game right now) but I am getting excited to play it.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:55:58 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 13, 2012 6:38:34 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 1:50:26 AM PDT
Unless it's super expensive to buy the old version of- I personally find these games to be a waste. Most of the upscaling they claim to do is barely noticeable and achievements and trophies do not entice me. Unless they make it online, add levels that were only in import versions and actually playable content such as that, I don't buy them.

Posted on May 29, 2012 9:46:40 PM PDT
Bivens2 says:
Love it. I replay old games all the time and I love having the opportunity to play them in HD. The Jak collection was a dream and I can't wait for Final Fantasy X HD

Posted on May 29, 2012 3:06:43 PM PDT
B. Kelly says:
Remastering something in HD has never changed my mind about a game. If I didn't like it before, I still don't like it now. However if I enjoyed the older game, then usually the HD upgrade is nice and I can still enjoy the game in between newer games.

I think later this year (if it launches on time) will be the first time I try a remastered game that I never played the original - Zone of Enders. I know the story and background, but never played a game. I'm hoping they are as fun as they sound.

Posted on May 23, 2012 10:49:42 AM PDT
J. Rivera says:
I love, love, love GOD OF WAR origins colection, the PSP to PS3, little hate Tombraider the best PSx, more originality game for than PS3 version

Posted on May 22, 2012 6:49:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 6:51:52 AM PDT
THEY NEED TO RELEASE THE ONIMUSHA TRILOGY!!!

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 9:35:26 AM PST
I don't mind them, but even if I didn't like them I'd just not buy them (as I've done for most of them, save God of War and I'll probably pick up Ico and Shadow of the Collossus later on).

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 7:20:02 PM PST
Jes says:
Depends on the quality of the remaster. Just because a company redoes something in HD, or 3D, doesn't mean it will be better. Insert rant about Disney and 3D Lion King/Beauty and the Beast here.

I am pleased with the remasters I have played thus far: Sly Cooper and the God of War collections. Silent Hill collection, we'll see I guess.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:45:55 AM PST
T. Paslay says:
I think it's great for those who missed out on playing them at their original release. Personally I've either played them when they were first out (and most likely still own them) or I didn't want to play them the first time and don't feel compelled to now either. It's a great tool for releasing compilations of popular titles and it's not detracting from developing new games, so I think it's a very good thing overall.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 4:01:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 14, 2012 4:02:04 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  73
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions