Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Are the Halo games suitable for an eleven year old?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 147 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2007 2:52:58 PM PDT
ColoSkier says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2007 12:30:45 PM PDT
Matt says:
Your Mom must not have read the suggestions. She said that there needed to be five reviews that said a younger kid could play it, and I don't think there was even one that I read so far!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2007 1:05:19 PM PDT
K. Kleiner says:
You can definitly play this game! I am 11 years old and started playing halo
when I was like 8! There is no gore, a small amount of blood and
very mild language. I think the ESRB overrates games soooooo much.
There is a mario game for the gamecube rated T!!! This game should definitly be rated T.
My mom has watched me play this game tons of times, and said she didn't see anything vry bad at all.
Tell your mom that this game is not very bad at all, all there is is guns,, mild language and
a little bit of blood, but there is that in all T games, and ignore "Gore" on
the back of the box because there is none. And most of the blood you see is blue
alien blood . This game is not that bad at all. So kid, have your mom read this and I hope she lets,
you get it, cause it is a ton of fun! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2007 3:15:04 PM PDT
Eric Cray says:
It depends on maturity. There is no real gore in the game. You can't chop people's heads off or tear their limbs apart. There is no cursing, no grotesque imagery, no gore. Most of the violence is toward aliens. I would compare it to a PG-13 movie at most, maybe even a PG movie. I let my brother-in-law play it when he was 11, so yes, I think it is appropriate.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2007 7:42:01 PM PDT
The Parkster says:
>> "Well he won't have that trouble of going online since Halo is not an online game (only LAN)."

Just a note; Halo: CE for PC does have online multiplayer, and there are times when the language can get pretty ugly. I'd say wait till 13 or 14 years old because of the violence...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2007 10:16:05 AM PDT
About the PC version: The game is a top-notch first person shooter where the player gets very cool guns, drives land/air vehicles and gets to play online against other people. When playing online there are good and bad players. When playing the multiplayer game, you will encounter players who are verbally abusive and who do not know how to PLAY IN A TEAM. Some of the people who don't play in a team are that way because they are kids, some are just being silly and having fun but there are also people who are angry and bitter and want to vent their frustrations on other players. I would not recommend this game to an 11 year old because of the racist/prejudiced/negative name-calling and taunting between players in the multiplayer game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2007 11:41:36 AM PDT
Raul Duke says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2007 9:43:35 PM PDT
I got it when I was 11 I don't think it really makes a big difference from any other shooter thats rated T.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2007 9:54:29 PM PDT
K. Thurman says:
I'm 11 years old. I have owned both Halo games for over 4 years now. I think the game is suitable for 11 year olds, but I do not think for language issues you should get Xbox Live. I know the Halo games are suitable because all the blood is blue and purple and goes away when you turn your back and the fallen bullets and amored bodies (which are not gory - just armored bodies) disappear within 2 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2007 11:34:06 AM PDT
Michael says:
Eleven is just fine for this game. Halo: Combat Evolved is the first game in the series and has no real online play so you don't have to worry about the rudeness of other people. The violence is really quite tame, nothing like Grand Theft Auto or anything like that. I'd let an eleven year old play it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2007 2:22:34 PM PDT
11 is cool for this game has nothing you cant see on saturday morning cartoons

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2007 12:55:32 AM PDT
D. Thornton says:
I think the HALO series games are in and of themselves not disturbing. The issue I wish parents to be aware of is the online community for HALO. The company that made HALO has done little other than add a feedback system for you to report other gamers for cheating, racism, lewdness, bad names, etc. However I have seen no evidence that Bungie, the maker of HALO, does much to curb these bad behaviors. There are gamer tags that are clearly drug related, obscene and extremely indecent. Yet I have seen no evidence that Bungie has any initiative to clean up this online community. In fact on their website forums I have seen discussion threads related to how cool it is to play HALO while on drugs or alcohol. I do not recall seeing the moderators of the Bungie discussion board shut down those threads. As a parent I would never purchase this game for my kids because of the very inappropriate and obscene nature of its online environment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2007 1:16:53 PM PDT
Drizz says:
The games are rated M for a good reason. Full of gore, blood, and shoot outs. Ultimatly the parents decision (I recommend getting it for yourself first then think about it for your kid, same with movies.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2007 3:11:59 PM PDT
Tell your mom to go to http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp. That link shows which games are suitable and not suitable for your age. Also, that your mom is one of the many dumb/ignorant/irresponsible parents who do not know how to monitor which games are recommended and not recommended for their child, according to their age. For an eleven-year-old, a Mature rated game is not suitable: a Mature rating is intended for players over the age of seventeen "Blood and Gore, Violence." Halo" Combat Evolved is to suggestive for players under 17.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2007 4:23:42 PM PDT
I played Halo2 and i'm 10 so you can play if you want.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 8:13:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2007 8:15:25 AM PDT
J. Bunting says:
......Jack Thompson is it?

This will get you mad... I'm 11 and play T games.

Oh and spelling DES NTO MATTRE!!!!111oneone111

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 2:45:26 PM PDT
V. SInghal says:
i have halo 2 and soon i am getting halo 3... my brother who is 10 plays it and there is not really much blood and gore in it. Gears has some crazy blood, i think that you shouldn't be playing but its your mom's decision. To sum it all up i think you should go ahead and get the game

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 5:38:16 PM PDT
Andrew says:
So you would ban your kids from this game because of one small, easily blockable feature (uhh... just don't get Xbox Live?). Esrb (wrongly) rated this M, so why should Bungie clean the game up? Apparently, only people above the age of 18 are allowed to play it, so Bungie needs to do nothing. Besides, what do you propose they do? Install a monitoring program that watches everyone? Bungie is not omniscient, you know.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2007 6:53:37 PM PDT
i think your mom should just let you get halo. its got hardly any blood, and when there is blood, its blue alien blood.

also, halo is one of the most amazing games ever, and it really fun

aww please mom, get this kid halo

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 7:59:35 AM PDT
she should let u get halo alot of people say video games lead to violence well i am 14 i have played video games since i was like 7 or 8 i started playing gta when i was 10 and halo when i was 11 and i am not a violent person i am an advanced classes student who has never been in a fight and my dad has watched me play halo and gta b4 with no problem

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 10:19:30 AM PDT
Mark Twain says:
There is nothing at all wrong with any of the Halo games and they should all have a T rating! If you like violence and all of that stuff that comes with games that are rated M then take a pass on Halo! I'm sure just about anyone that plays or has played Halo and isn't Pat Robertson, would agree that Halo should be rated T for TEEN!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 10:26:14 AM PDT
Mark Twain says:
What gore??? Did I miss something playing Halo?? I don't remember any gore at all!
I remember seeing some blood and it was orange! Do you idiots even play these games?? I can think of so many T rated games that have so much more violence and blood than Halo. (which really doesn't have any) In fact I'd be A-ok with an E-10+ rating for Halo! Which means for 10 years and up! Seriously if you don't think Halo is right for your kid, you probably won't let them watch Star Wars and Disney movies! Yeah see the subliminal penis in the clouds?? Uh huh...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2007 7:57:50 AM PDT
I am a thirteen year old who just finished the game and bought Halo 2. It has a lot of alien blood but it is not realistic at all. It has no more blood than say, Lord of the Rings (the movies, not games). It's actually less gory than LOTR in my opinion. I would say if you're a mature kid, you can handle Halo. Besides, it is a very cinematic experience that will truly make you appreciate that video games can be art in and of themselves. The story, despite being that of an FPS, is very epic and the character background really makes for a great story. So...bottom line: if you can stand seeing alien blood on the ground, I'd think it would be ok.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2007 6:17:07 PM PST
E. Przybocki says:
Halo is a T like game because your NOT shooting people I am very religious
and shooting people is a sin because there gods creation. But aliens are not real
and robots are not gods creation. M games stand for "Intense Violence"
T are plan Violence and this has Violence its fine the blood go to options then effects then blood effects and you can turn it to green (animated blood) blood, blue blood, no blood, purple blood.
It does not matter how old you are its how mature you are.
In halo 1 if you beat lengendary the guy takes off his helmet hes a robot
not human.
You should be able to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007 6:26:15 AM PST
Holly says:
I am a Mom of an 11 year old too. I also will not let him play it yet so I guess I am on your mom's side.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  122
Total posts:  147
Initial post:  May 21, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions