Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Which video game do you think will be a good movie.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 267 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 11:12:10 PM PDT
RealCoolGuy says:
One again, Jedi Knight speaking the truth!!

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 11:48:12 PM PDT
Dark Bulbs says:
There is no such thing as a good video game movie, whatever writer or director gets a hold of a property dilutes and taints it...that said, BLACK...or the original Ninja Gaiden...abolish 3D from theaters!

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 8:50:35 AM PDT
It won't matter because movies based on video games are usually horrible.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 9:35:28 AM PDT
The Suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody even PLAYED THIS GAME OUTSIDE ME!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 10:45:40 AM PDT
Nobody says:
Hw about a ban on movie based games? The whole idea of this gen and beyond is movies that you participate in.

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 4:40:39 PM PDT
christopher says:
eve online make good movie

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 10:42:53 AM PDT
DryvBy says:
Grim Fandango is actually one of the best games I've ever played as far as story. It's completely creative and original.

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 12:50:37 AM PDT
cybertext says:
back up, who do you think is the best casting director? I know tons of fail movies, where they picked the screen actors guild next guy in line to play the role of the super hero or the evil end boss of some game and they don't slightly represent or even look like that role. Spiderman = a crying spider? why?

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 10:01:46 AM PDT
Hank Dacker says:
Diablo 2, including the expansion. I agree that Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, and God of War could make interesting movies. I havent played Uncharted before so I cant properly weigh in.

Posted on Apr 15, 2011 7:58:53 PM PDT
D. Sebro says:
i think heavenly sword and assasin creed would be two good picks. The only downfall with heavenly sword is that the movie might be just as short as the game, lol

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 10:20:28 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 16, 2011 2:19:08 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 2:23:51 PM PDT
J. Allen says:
Legend Of Zelda, StarFox, Rune Factory(which I'd absolutely LOVE to see as an Anime!), or Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete all get my votes!

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 3:33:54 PM PDT
R. Sigmon says:
Why do people keep saying Red Dead Redemption? Anyways, Mass Effect or Call of Duty. By Call of Duty, I mean one that actually has a good storyline, not like the Modern series. If they get the right person, they could probably make a movie based on Fuel. Two other ideas are Fallout and The Elder Scrolls. So it all equals out to:

1. Mass Effect
2. Call of Duty
3. Fuel
4. Fallout
5. The Elder Scrolls

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 4:26:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 6:51:51 PM PDT
Ghost says:
R. Sigmon said "Why do people keep saying Red Dead Redemption?"

Well, R., some people may have a different vision then you do about it. I personally think it would be a ho-hum western, but the Undead Nightmare aspect would be cool to see on the big screen with the rise of shows like "Walking Dead", and the continued fascination with Zombies in video games, ie. Dead Island and Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City. We all have different visions about the games we play.

Since Elder Scrolls is pretty much an open-ended game with several storylines, I'm not sure which could be a good movie...in fact, who would be the main character(s) since everyone's hero is different? Also, unfortunately, Dungeon and Dragon type movies, as Elder Scrolls is a D&D genre game ( I KNOW its not in the D&D world or made by WotC, so fanboys, DON'T bite my head off ) do not do well in theaters. Its too much of a niche market. I love it and would like to see more, but Hollywood cannot do D&D. My dream is to see the adventures of Drizzt Do'Urden on the big screen, but I don't think that will ever come to pass, even though he's been one of the most famous and interesting fantasy characters for almost 25 years...Hollywood just doesn't "get" D&D.

Not sure why you'd rather have old school Call of Duty and not Modern...as WWII has been done to death...but its your opinion, so I respect that. Or do you just mean a BETTER Modern story and not necessarily old school? I personally would love to see characters like Captain Price and Captain "Soap" MacTavish using the world as a terrorist hunting playground. Not sure the world needs another "Saving Private Ryan" when we already have a "Saving Private Ryan", which is pretty much old school WWII Call of Duty. Just my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 4:36:50 PM PDT
R. Sigmon says:
Surprised that you didn't kill me about Fuel, but what I'm saying about RDR is that it would be like putting GTA in theaters. And isn't the western genre kind of done to death too?

I understand your view on The Elder Scrolls, but other movies have been done in the same fashion. Their is always a canon character in every game, like Fallout's "Lone Wanderer" or Mass Effect's John Shepard.

Also, I meant something along the lines of Black Ops because then there would be room for fictional events in history.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 4:42:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 4:43:57 PM PDT
Ghost says:
Oh I see...yeah the Black Ops aspect would be cool. I just like the characters of Price and MacTavish so much it would be fun to see them acted out.

You're right about the character usage in the games like Mass Effect, Fallout, etc... But Hollywood still can't do decent D&D movies.

I haven't played Fuel so I can't "kill you" over it LOL...its about racing, isn't it?

Hey, my post on April 16 was deleted by Amazon and I have no idea why. Does ANYONE have the e-mail from Amazon Discussions with my Apr 16 post? I'd love someone to cut and paste it so I can see what I said that the Amazon SS didn't like. Thanks anyone.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 4:54:44 PM PDT
R. Sigmon says:
Fuel
That is Fuel. Post-Apocalyptic racing that would be really cool as a movie.

Also, wouldn't Dragon Heart or Lord of the Rings be D&D? Skyrim is the major reason I brought up Dragon Heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011 5:02:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 5:30:28 PM PDT
Ghost says:
I concede Lord of the Rings was the only example I can see that the D&D genre was done well. Unfortunately, there have been more failures then triumphs. I think it helps that LotR was such a classic, beloved book and the world of D&D is more niche. Of course, it was LotR that inspired the D&D genre, so, its like the child trying to do better then the parent. We'll have to see how good Skyrim is...I have high hopes for it. I'm hitting myself for forgetting about LotR lol.

Post apocalyptic racing would be like a redo of Mad Max, sort of....if done well, might work. The new Motorstorm is supposed to be like that, too.

Was Dragon Heart the one with Sean Connery as the Dragon? Cause I know that one wasn't received all that well.

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 5:53:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 17, 2011 8:13:58 PM PDT
Ghost says:
I can't believe more people aren't screaming for GOD Of WAR!! GOD Of WAR!! GOD OF WAR!!

The games were CONSISTANTLY the best games on the market when they came out, or at least in the top 3, each release period, so why Hollywood isn't jumping all over this concept is beyond me. It doesn't get any better then God of War...visually, it would be one of the most stunning movies of all time. What better use of cutting edge CGI then recreating the insanely cool mythological monsters and locales featured in God of War. Plus, although I'm not a huge fan of the 3D gimmick right now, I could see how cool Kratos' Blades of Chaos would be swinging at the audience in 3D...THAT would be a great use of 3D.

A LOT of people love God of War...anyone else with me on how great a movie it could be...if done brilliantly like the games?

Posted on Apr 17, 2011 9:19:12 PM PDT
Tigs says:
Still waiting on a Zelda movie! Also God of War! I hear that this is a possibility though.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 4:35:57 PM PDT
FAIL! says:
I dont think a lot of people will agree with me but Mother 3 would be a good movie.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 1:00:54 AM PDT
gamer says:
haha, all of these are awesome ideas. LOL, how about Killer Instinct being made into a movie? I mean, they can use the first Mortal Kombat movie as inspiration and the second Mortal Kombat movie as a warning of what can happen if a movie is slopped together. :) If you ask me, bringing Jago or Fulgore or Glacius to life would definitely be badass.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 10:25:04 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
World of Warcraft, mainly because it's already been green-lighted, with a huge budget & Sam Raimi directing, but as for a favorite, I'd like to see Pixar make either a Final Fantasy or Pokemon movie.

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 11:39:00 PM PDT
G. Jing says:
Half-life series and l4d series are practically movies already, especially l4d

pokemon lol, those movies are terrible but I still enjoy watching them

honestly, probably Halo, most of the Final Fantasy games, Legend of Zelda, hell, most rpgs would make good movies, period.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 8:24:46 AM PDT
Tigs says:
Geist would be a cool movie. Not many people are familiar with that game though. It was a GameCube game that didn't get the credit it deserved.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  267
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions