Customer Discussions > Action Game forum

Favorite Console.....Of All Time.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 174 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 6, 2011 5:30:05 AM PST
super nintendo: super metroid, final fantasy 3, chrono trigger.

The ps2 had great RPGs, and the original nes has zelda, the mario games, metroid, kid icarus, castlevania games.

if i was stuck on an island and could only have one with me, i guess i would want the snes. Or my PC with all of the steam games :). or the 360. i have not tried the ps3 but it looks good too

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 6:47:35 PM PST
Leo Stark says:
I like any console with a classic series Mega Man game. Most notably NES or SNES. SNES has some cool stuff, yet I love my Wii and Xbox 360 too. Anything really. Not to mention I'm a sucker for handheld systems...

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 12:10:48 PM PST
Jack H. says:
I've been gaming for awhile and I have good memories of most consoles. The SNES was great while I was growing up. The 64 was awesome in college for all the multiplayer games. And the current generation is just incredible with the PS3 and 360. I think in this generation there are enough cross platform games that it could justify saying all time favorite console, the console exclusive games are just icing on the cake.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 8:35:37 PM PST
Sega Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventures
Sega GT
Soul Caliber
Dead or Alive 2
and more...

I still play my DC more than my XBox 360, or PS3...but not nearly as much as my PC (but thats not a console :P)

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 6:35:18 AM PST
Jeff says:
Super Nintendo, definitely. I have such vivid memories as a kid of that system launching with Super Mario Land. And the fact that the best Zelda game ever was on that console, IMHO.....

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:03:33 AM PST
BMonster says:
though I have many fond memories playing on the original playstation as well as the long forgotten sega dreamcast
as gamer I must play odd man out and say PC. very little restriction on what you can play with a PC. besides most consoles are either low grade commputers or super resticted high grade computers anyways.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 1:56:29 PM PST
Harold says:
Virtual Boy!!!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 3:45:43 PM PST
mel says:
PlayStation 2

It had GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, RE4, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and a bunch of other games I can't think of right now.. freaking awesome console.

I got a PS3 and Wii for this gen but the only games for the PS3 that became my favorites is Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid 4.. kind of sad.
For the Wii my favorites are Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and soon Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I only started gaming with the PS1, but the PS2 is definitely my favorite console ever. It has all of my favorite games.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 6:04:51 PM PST
Joe says:
Trick Question?

For me, I think we have not yet reached the capabilities of what could be considered as a favorite console....of all time.

Don't get me wrong, but I'm waiting for the moment when I finish playing a game and say to myself, "Did I just finish playing a game or a movie?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 11:13:43 PM PST
mel says:
>Don't get me wrong, but I'm waiting for the moment when I finish playing a game and say to myself, "Did I just finish playing a game or a movie?"

There's already a game like that. It's called Metal Gear Solid 4.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 12:59:25 PM PST
So hard to choose..SNES, N64 and Dreamcast would be my top picks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 8:29:28 PM PST
smish says:
gun was absolutely awesome. I got sad when it ended and it was too short :(

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:32:17 PM PST
Bones says:
PS2, Genesis, Dreamcast

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 9:20:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2011 9:21:04 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
At least we got a spiritual successor with RDR! Gun, CoD 2 when the CoD series was still awesome for singleplayer, PDZ and King Kong were my first games. Loved them all. Kameo was not bad too.

First games for 360 that is.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 3:54:08 AM PST
Snes then Dreamcast.... Between those 2, Snes...

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:33:00 AM PST
spiralings says:
Not as many SNES votes on here as I thought there would be. NES has a lot of great stuff, but every time I move I bring my CRT and hook my SNES up quickly so I can always put in Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World, Mario Kart....I could go on. New games got nothin' on these.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:28:44 PM PST
NES has to be first (Dragon Warriors 1-4, Super Mario Bros 1/2/3, Zelda, Punch Out, Double Dragon, Excitebike, Final Fantasy, etc...). But, I may be the only person here to say this, for me 3DO is probably 2nd. I absolutely fell in love with Need For Speed when it came out. It was so far ahead of the competition at the time. 3DO had a bunch of other good games as well that I enjoyed at lot, but NFS was my main draw.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 8:46:52 AM PST
eodx9000 says:
My PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2011 7:31:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2011 7:33:00 PM PST
Anthony says:
you forgot 007 golden eye. the original on the n64, not the remake. i couldn't tell you how many hours my friends and i spent playing the multiplayer with 1-hit kill on.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 9:37:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2011 9:38:54 PM PST
PlayStation 2 is my favorite. An enormous amount of great games were released on the console. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3. God of War 1 and 2, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Crash TwinSanity, Crash of the Titans, Crash Mind Over Mutant (yes, they're all from the same series), The Legend of Spyro trilogy (A New Beginning, The Eternal Night and Dawn of the Dragon), Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog (not really great, but it was fun), Ratchet & Clank 1, 2, 3 and Deadlocked. The PlayStation 2 has a lot of great memories attached to it. The PS3 has it's fair share with games like Sonic Unleashed, Prototype, Batman Arkham Asylum/City and it's own Ratchet & Clank games (The Future trilogy and All 4 One), but overall not as many as the PS2.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 1:33:01 AM PST
Energico Q8 says:
Super Nintendo i used to be an addict to goofy and son or something i dont remember the game and dreamcast with spawn and shinmu after that i had ps 1 and n64 as a gift for birthdays and thats when i met my first and only love... GTA now pc is mostly where i play games and the xbox along with ps3 are for exclusive games like halo and stuff. sry 2 much to read but for shortcut PS 1 and n64 were my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 10:57:27 AM PST
You know, despite the many consoles I've owned or played, I really haven't been attached to the consoles, but the games. I would honestly say the Xbox and PS2 were my favorite, and now it's the 360.

The original giant Xbox didn't have the best game selection ever, but it is useful for running Linux, as a media center. Then you can put emulators on it.

I only owned a GC to play RE4. The n64 before that was my fave, and my PS2. I wasn't attached to my snes or nes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 10:58:49 AM PST
Many of the best games of the time were playable on 64. Goldeneye!!!! I only hope the goldeneye remake captured the awesomeness of the original. Turok! (until Turok 3). Zelda of course, and Mario. Jet Force Gemini, Conker, all of that was great.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:00:47 PM PST
Robert Adams says:
This is something that I think about all the time, being the gamer nerd that I am. After debating this subject for years in my head i have no clear winner. I'm an avid RPG fan so i tend to favor consoles with the best RPG games. As of right now, with all due respect to the earlier systems like NES and Super NES, I am stuck between the PS2 and the Xbox 360. The saving grace of the PS2, in my eyes, is the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially, Persona 3 and Persona 4. If it weren't for those games the 360 would be the clear winner, at least in my eyes. I think that before it is all said and done, the 360 might edge out since they are still making games and these current consoles don't seem to be going anywhere. With the Mass Effect series and Elder Scrolls games, especially the almost perfect Skyrim, the 360 just blows me away.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 1:55:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2011 1:56:47 AM PST
I grew up with the Nes, Snes, N64, Gameboy Color, Gamecube, DS Lite and Wii. Nintendo will always have special place in my heart despite not ever playing with the Wii much anymore. Don't get me wrong, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Super Mario Galaxy made it a delight. I truly believe Nintendo is the frontrunner in innovation and will continue to revitalize an invigorate the industry.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action Game forum (193 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action Game forum
Participants:  145
Total posts:  174
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions