Customer Discussions > Action forum

Looking for a good book please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 243 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 4:57:36 PM PDT
Rezende says:
Danilo Contra o Senhor das Moscas: Derrote sete demônios (Volume 1) (Portuguese Edition)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 4:59:23 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 26, 2012 6:11:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:17:15 PM PDT
ellis says:
darkly dream dexter

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 12:40:41 PM PDT
Mack McCormick's Terrorists at the Bus Stop

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 5:50:31 PM PDT
Dangerous Fugitives by E A Hedgecock - steam punk novel by young author

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:21:32 AM PDT
Try peeping into "The Long Dark Ride" at 800 plus pages and the sagas that follow.."Cold Hard Train Ridin' Cash" and " L'Affaires Non Fini "....
Your reply to Valentine Nicholas's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 9:36:49 PM PDT
I don't know if this will what you're looking for, but some of your comments make me suspect you might like my new book, Cosa Nosferatu. It's a crime/action/horror book that features Capone, Ness, and the Undead, in a unique combination. You might want to consider it.

Posted on May 17, 2012 6:04:20 AM PDT
Paul Sexton says:
check out In Deeds We Trust by Ian James....

Posted on May 31, 2012 2:17:48 PM PDT
Avid Reader says:
The Fifth Journal: Book One of the Sons of Sanhedrin Series

Check this book out! I picked it up because I liked the description of it and wow it was amazing! It has a very good price and the story is amazing! You will NOT regret it!

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 5:08:14 AM PDT
The Encounter: James - The Photographer

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 5:11:02 AM PDT
The Encounter: James - The Photographer

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 11:47:48 AM PDT
Homecoming Blues-Coming home from war can be hell.

All Jimmy Dalton wanted after fighting for his country was a quiet life. But a notorious gangster has other ideas and Jimmy finds himself in a war of a different kind. Set on a path of revenge that may turn the streets of London red with blood, a path that may not only destroy those he cares about but also his sanity and his very soul.

Reader Reviews
Andrew,
Your work stands out as a fast-paced blood-and-guts action story in the British underworld made more sinister by the presence of the Russian mafia. Everything pans out like a well-choreographed dance routine with Jimmy in the lead, surrounded by a colourful cast of characters. I can envision this story digitalized for the silver screen, the fast-paced action, the dialogue laced with gangster slang, all there. Thank you so much for a rollicking good read.

Kenneth Edward Lim

Homecoming Blues is a cracking read for sure! The narrative is superb and sucks you into the story through the eyes of the protagonist Jimmy Dalton, a likeable fellow from a rough neighborhood. I normally find that books written in first person tend to annoy me...I'm much more a third-person kind of guy but the characters in this story sound and feel so real that I didn't mind a bit! Thumbs up for Andrew Scorah!
Ian M Graham

Hi Andrew; after reading your first two chapters my overriding impression of your book was gritty, and unashamedly so. The language used by the characters is streetwise and tough. Not many of the books that I have read so far on the site can compare to the darker images you portray.
RMA

Andy, Homecoming Blues has made a great start. The three-way conflict keeps us on our toes. The slang even I, an American, can follow. six stars. Keep it coming! jack hudson

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 11:59:13 AM PDT
Recommend you read, The Long Dark Ride.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:13:13 PM PDT
Mike Reuther says:
I am reading the "The Art of Fielding."

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:15:56 PM PDT
Roger Weston says:
The Blood King Conspiracy ((Matt Drake 2)) by David Leadbeater looks like a good read. I also heard that The Cut (Spero Lucas) by George Pelecanos is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:44:53 AM PDT
Here are a couple you may like to try: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=books&field-author=Cher%27ley%20Grogg
Stamp Out Murder and The Secret in Grandma's Trunk. Let me know if you do get one of them and if you enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:47:50 AM PDT
Try Stamp Out Murder or The Secret in Grandma's Trunk. Both are getting rave reviews and are selling really well.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:13:56 PM PDT
WHBIII says:
This is a book about an unlikely hero set in an unlikely place. It is not a bloody whodunnit but the tension keeps you turning the page to see where the story leads. Crooked lawmen and people who feel entitled seem to have the upper hand. It's a great summer read.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:20:38 PM PDT
WHBIII says:
I forgot to say that the name of the unlikely hero book is Deep Secrets in Tall Pines. Give it a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:21:37 AM PDT
A decent historical thriller which is kind of steam-punky is Thomas Edison: RESURRECTOR by John Silver.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 7:52:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 19, 2012 9:36:11 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:47:30 AM PDT
Swords, betrayal, warlocks, ogres, battles, magic, golems and lots of twists:
Griffin (The Winged Blade)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 3:26:46 PM PDT
Grace says:
I read that book too! Really good. If you want a good summer read set in Miami check out Sabrina Simon's latest, "In The Stars". Let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2012 10:55:11 AM PDT
Mystery says:
Finding your soulmates in surprising ways (Soulmates and Trials of life)

I don't know if this is a book that you would be looking for but had to try. Good luck

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 2:24:22 PM PDT
Start with "The Long Dark Ride". It starts out as a historical action adventure read, but half way through, the story line jumps ahead a century and reveals a realistic protagonist that would compell Jason Bourne to kneel in submission....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Action forum (156 discussions)

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Action forum
Participants:  167
Total posts:  243
Initial post:  Apr 14, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions