Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Alpha Male forum

Alpha Male books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2008 10:31:01 PM PDT
G Nickelson says:
Looking for a good book on personality traits, and how to act like an alpha male.

Posted on Jul 31, 2009 3:01:09 AM PDT
Alpha Reader says:
'The Switch' by Diane Whiteside

Posted on Aug 5, 2009 8:11:11 AM PDT
dru says:
Nick...honestly, you would probable learn so much simply by reading a few books that feature alpha males. These men are created to appeal to women and I can personally say that yes, yes they really do. ;) Imo, the best alpha's featured in erotica are much more likeable (lustable?) than the guys in just your mainstream, everyday romance. Of course, I'm sure there are women who would strongly disagree with that statement.

One key point, though is that is usually painfully obviousl when a man is trying to "act" like an alpha. Work on strengthening the traits of an alpha (ie., do what you need to to actually be confident, be strong, ect...) rather than simply trying to "act" confidant and so on. Women are smart and we can tell when a man is trying too hard.

Good luck on finding what you are looking for!! ;)

Posted on Aug 12, 2009 7:26:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 12, 2009 7:42:39 AM PDT
Mary says:
I agree with Drusilla. The alpha male is confident if he is anything. He is confident in all areas of life from the everyday little things to the essence of a man, and he is especially confident in his career. Women take notice of this trait and are attracted to him. He doesn't have to be handsome, though that does help, but he must be confident.

If you are interested in reading a novel based on two alphas, I've written one. The Cumberland Plateau: A Modern Pride and Prejudice Sequel My novel is not erotica, although it does contain a few mature scenes. It is a story of two brothers and their quest for life.

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 5:57:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 8, 2009 10:46:23 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 2:43:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2009 4:26:02 PM PDT
bingo says:
If you are seeking to "become" an Alpha Male, forget it: you can not. Alpha Males are born, not made, as this book shows. This book is called Alpha Male: Who They Are, How They Think, What They Want by XX and XY. The book describes both the real alpha Males and also the "also rans" which are the men who try to appear to be Alpha Males but are in fact nothing like true Alphas -- and they fool no one, except, perhaps, themselves. The same book also has a checklist of ten or twelve characteristics that virtually every true, genuine Alpha Male does have. And the book tells why women are attracted to these men. And also what the real alpha Males are looking for in a woman and in a wife. There are some real surprises in htis book.

Posted on Oct 21, 2010 8:38:22 AM PDT
I think that alpha males are born but sometimes society turns them into betas or whatever. I think that's why I enjoy reading some of the erotica that shows men acting like men, not in a Neanderthal way, but in the head-of-household way.

Posted on Nov 5, 2010 9:23:22 AM PDT
D. L. Murphy says:
Please ladies if you are into Alpha males then you want to read Lora Leighs two series, about navy seals and her special ops series. But read the sexy seals first. Try to read in order. you sure won't be sorry . Excellent stories and Hot Sex!!!!!!!

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 5:35:00 AM PST
R Thompson says:
AMERICAN GEISHA by Leslie Midnight

Her black chauffeur was her daddy. But her venerable Japanese gardener was her master.
Your reply to R Thompson's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 6:18:53 PM PDT
Susi says:
Tara Janzen's characters in her Steele Street series are big-time alpha males. I loved Christian Hawkins (AKA Superman), Creed Rivera, Kid Chronopolous and Travis James (AKA Angel). The author develops her characters' personalities so well and I enjoyed the series so much that I read one book per day until I had to stop for financial reasons! Should definitely read in order:
1. Crazy Hot
2. Crazy Cool
3. Crazy Wild
4. Crazy Kisses
5. Crazy Love
6. Crazy Sweet (I stopped here)
7. On the Loose
8. Cutting Loose
9. Loose and Easy
10. Breaking Loose
11. Loose Ends
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Alpha Male forum (5 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Alpha Male forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions