Customer Discussions > Alternative Rock forum

Late 90's alternative mystery song

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 18, 2012 3:30:16 AM PDT
Hulki says:
Back in the late 90's (before the download era) I used to record the alternative channel on Music Choice with cassettes. I was a driver for UPS at the time and I'd play them during the day while delivering my route because getting reception for a good station was difficult. Most of the time I knew the songs or at least the artist so if I decided to purchase the CD later I would. There was 1 song that I never got to find out the name or artist and to this day it haunts me. I ended up giving it my own name. I've tried every lyrics & song ID website there is to no avail. Back in 2005 I purchased a CD maker machine and tranferred this song and I now have it my computer. If anyone here listened to Music Choice/Alternative from say 1997-1999 and think they could identify it I'd so appreciate it. I could send it to you via "wetransfer".
Marc

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 3:46:32 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:59:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 3:54:51 AM PDT
Hulki says:
Yes. They start like this:

"Once in a while, the safety's on, but I can never tell, what's in the gun, you railroad my (?), you ignore the (?), you tell all your friends this, so tell me know, what good is it.
You put something, into my drink, so I forgot, most everything, you railroad my (?), you ignore the (?), you tell all your friends this, so tell me know, what good is it.
Nothing to lose, nothing to gain, I get so confused, I start a little too late (x2) I start a little too late.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 2:51:46 AM PDT
Post it over on soundcloud and drop the link here. I'd love to try figuring out what it is.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 1:25:08 PM PDT
Hulki says:
Sorry, was away for a few days. Here it is: http://soundcloud.com/dyana-marc/what-good-is-it

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 11:08:14 AM PDT
Have you tried using Shazam to identify it?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 11:17:37 AM PDT
Hulki says:
Yes, no luck :(
Tried Soundhound too but no go.
I think someone's going to just know it because they may own it?
I'm trying to put it out there enough so patience is a virtue I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2012 4:45:11 PM PDT
I've been following this thread and I am at a loss. I like to think I know about music since I managed a record store from 84-94. The band sounds a lot like Weezer but obviously isn't. I've listened to dozens of "Weezer like" bands in hopes of finding this song but no luck yet. I'll keep trying but please keep us updated if you find out who it is. I'm going to post the link on Facebook in hopes I can get some help.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 1:35:29 AM PDT
Hulki says:
That's awesome! Thanks for trying so hard. I thought is was possibly Sugar Ray because it has that "Personal Space Invader" sound but I listened to all of their album cuts and it's not. Unless it's a b-side of some sort?

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 3:57:52 AM PDT
Andrew Hime says:
Posted it to my Facebook. Email me at andrewhime at verizon dot net in a day or two and we'll see... I would've thought I would know it.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 1:53:15 PM PDT
C. White says:
Wow, Hulki, just listened to the tune and it's very catchy, but I have never heard it. I am usually pretty good at ID'ing songs and getting the best out of Google, but I am truly stumped. I even hit up iTunes and listened to samples of any song titles What "Good is it" and "Tell Me Now" (there's LOTS) with no luck. If someone finds out for you, please post the answer here so we'll all know.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 3:16:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 4:04:13 PM PDT
Hulki says:
Thanks for listening! I'm so desperate I even posted a criaigslist ad :o
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/wan/2932847666.html
I'm thinking I'll try different city every time it expires. I had 12 of these mystery songs and now I'm down to just this one and I refuse to take it to my grave ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 3:15:03 AM PDT
Andrew Hime says:
No luck. Sorry, guy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Alternative Rock forum (381 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Alternative Rock forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 18, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions