Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Sep 16, 2010 5:31:47 PM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2676-2700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 26, 2012 5:37:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 5:45:15 PM PST
KM says:
I'm an Amazon Prime member, have been for years and have never had a single problem with receiving my packages, until this year when I started getting things delivered to me courtesy of LaserShip. The last three times I've ordered from Amazon the items I ordered were delivered late. This most recent time, I ordered some things on Dec. 6 and specified overnight delivery. By Dec. 10 I still hadn't received anything and LaserShip's "tracking" hadn't been updated in *days*. I called LaserShip and the only single explanation they could give me was that the items were "out for delivery" and that I would definitely receive them by the end of that day.

Of course, I never received anything. Later that night at 11 pm I called Amazon Customer Service and demanded a full refund as it was too late to have them overnight the items to me by that point. She cancelled the order and had the refund issued. The customer service rep I spoke with also said that they had been receiving a lot of complaints about LaserShip and that she would post my complaint as well to Amazon management.

Here's the kicker, three days after the order was cancelled and a full week after the order was placed, on Dec. 13, Lasership updated their shipping status for the first time to say that my items were delivered to my front door, which was a complete LIE. LaserShip is the most incompetent and flat out unprofessional company I have ever seen. Do a search on them and check out their yelp ratings, they're all in the 1 to 2 star range, with people stating the exact same problems that Amazon Prime subscribers have been having. They are a joke and so is Amazon's continued use of them even in the face of 2000+ complaints from their own customers.

This is not what I'm paying a Prime membership for and will be cancelling it. I've also stopped ordering from Amazon and started using other sites like Barnes and Noble, Overstock, etc. It's a shame as I've been a faithful Amazon customer for 10+ years. But as long as they continue to use that hack shipping company LaserShip they'll never get my business again. I'd also suggest people start emailing Amazon management and letting them know just how badly their customers are being treated.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:54:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:10:17 PM PST
P. Ingram says:
Kevin, I've got a bit of news for you. Barnes and Noble uses LaserShip now for deliveries. Better pick another book store. Also Newegg and Drugstore.com use them. I'm betting on Drugstore.com crippling LaserShip severely since medications have to be delivered in a VERY timely manner, and LaserShip is totally incapable of doing so. When enough people complain about late, lost, misdelivered, and stolen medications, LaserShip, in my opinion, will be in a whole lot of trouble. I don't think a pharmacy will put up with LaserShip's screwups for very long. Too much liability involved.

And I hope Amazon's customer service reps will finally get tired of all the complaints about LaserShip and force Amazon's management to drop them like a hot potato. Maybe that would put them out of business since Amazon would be a huge loss to LaserShip. I doubt LaserShip could hardly exist without Amazon.

I keep hoping Amazon stops using them. So do many, many other people as you can see in this forum. Where there's one message posted in this forum, there's probably five or more unhappy people that don't know they can post messages here and get some advice. I'd like to start shopping at Amazon again, but not until they get rid of LaserShip. Do Amazon's management and accountants not realize how much money they're losing by having to replace orders that LaserShip never delivers? Amazon, are you reading these messages? Do you care at all? Will you please stop using LaserShip, which will help you to keep customers?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:11:46 PM PST
S. Shah says:
I also add my voice to the chorus of dissassitfied customers. It doesn't always happen, but in the past few months, they have lost two of my packages. In one case, I waited about two weeks before saying anything (it was never found), and now, I'm giving it a week. I had a package set to be delivered on Christmas eve. It is gone. The status reads "Exception: Package Not Recieved From Shipper".

Amazon, I love you, but stop using lasership. There have got to be better companies.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:38:01 PM PST
P. Ingram says:
S. Shah: If you do not get a package within 2 days after the delivery due date Amazon gives you, do not wait any longer. Call Amazon Customer Service and ask them to send you a replacement via UPS Next Day Air, or ask for a refund. They will generally send you a replacement at no extra cost. NEVER call LaserShip - they don't have a clue what they are doing. And ignore their tracking - it's usually wrong. Call Amazon and they will remedy LaserShip's screwup.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:08:50 AM PST
Ditto, concerning advice to avoid calling LaserShip.

Based upon having placed around 20 calls in the distant past to LaserShip complaining about missing and occasionally opened boxes, I have drawn the following conclusion to state as a general observation, while also granting that surely there must be some telephone service representatives with better skills than the LaserShip norm. Not only do customer 'dis'-service representatives employed by LaserShip lack insight into effects of their company's poor performance, but also require rudimentary skill training and continuous performance monitoring necessary to transform LaserShip's sullied but earned reputation of deceit and indifference coupled with impunity about customers' complaints.

One more suggestion: Ask the Amazon CSR who assists you in shipping a replacement via next-day air or refunding your money to return all or half of your annual Amazon Prime membership fee [variably a $75.00 or $37.50 value], or else enter a credit of a similar amount in your Amazon on-line account for future purchase(s).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 4:59:07 AM PST
Sheila says:
Problem: I cancelled my B&N membership after I cancelled my Amazon account because they use the same kind of fly-by-night people. Looking good for local retailers.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 5:56:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 5:59:03 AM PST
JMT says:
I agree with not bothering to call Lasership. Calling multiple times did nothing. However, the email sent to their main office did result in a positive outcome (but that was a one-off). It seems that their corporate office is more concerned with their reputation than their local operations. With all of the complaints, Lasership should be concerned about losing their contract with Amazon.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:24:13 AM PST
S. Shah says:
I called them this morning and got a refund. Unfortunately, I have to reorder my PS3 game. Oh well. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 7:41:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 7:45:46 AM PST
P. Ingram says:
S. Shah: If you reorder from Amazon, they'll just use LaserShip again. If you haven't ordered the game yet, get it somewhere else. Or, call Amazon and explain what has just happened, and insist on LaserShip being put at the bottom of the carrier list for your account (in other words, 'de-prioritize' LaserShip to the bottom of the carriers on your account). Many others have done it successfully despite what some of the customer service reps might tell you. They can move LaserShip down - just tell them if they don't you will take your business elsewhere. Ask for a supervisor if necessary.

If you have reordered the game from Amazon, you can cancel the order online, then either call Amazon to get LaserShip moved to the bottom of the carrier list (then buy the game), or buy the game elsewhere.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 9:18:49 PM PST
S. Shah says:
...and they used lasership again. On a different order, AFTER I ASKED THEM NOT TO. I mean, come on, really...

Well, let's see if stuff gets lost again this time.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 4:31:18 AM PST
Sheila says:
With all due respect, what do they say is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing again and again, expecting a different result. Keep on asking.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 8:32:30 AM PST
doug funny says:
Another one bites the dust...

Ordered a wireless keyboard and mouse. Had it shipped to my business so that I would be there to receive it. The tracking information said it was out for delivery yesterday morning. At around 3:30pm (we close at 5:30pm) I decided to call Lasership to see if the package was going to arrive before we closed. Customer service was very polite and helpful. She told me that her delivery man was in an accident and may not make it in time. Understandable. Accidents happen. I told her to please notify the driver that we will be closed after 5 and that it would be best if the package was delivered the next day (today). I thanked her and hung up.

This morning I checked the tracking status and it read: 12/28/12 7:24pm Delivered Front Door. I remained calm. It had to be a mistake, right? I explained to them yesterday that we would be closed and the package should be delivered today instead. The lady on the phone was so nice, she had to have followed through and contacted the delivery man, right? The business is located on a busy avenue in a major city, the delivery man should have enough common sense not to leave a package at the front door of a closed business on a Friday night, right?

Wrong!

Customer service said they are going to have to investigate. Investigate? How about calling the delivery man and asking him if he left a package on the sidewalk? He's off today? You'll call me Wednesday with an answer? No thanks, I already know the answer. Happy New Year.

I called amazon and they are sending out a replacement. I requested that they ship through a different service.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 11:28:07 AM PST
Same here, they do not update their tracking alerts

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:59:38 PM PST
Sheila says:
Their "tracking alerts" are full of hot air anyway. Somebody has the job title "Director of Mis-information and Mis-Direction Relating to Tracking Reports."

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 1:49:29 PM PST
Yair Marx says:
I live in a gated condo complex.

UPS, USPS, Fedex, they always look up my last name in the call box so I can buzz them through and deliver to my door. Lasership never does, they tag packages as "delivered front door" and i never see them. They are worthless.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 10:04:09 PM PST
saxman says:
I am an amazon prime customer and have deliveries made to my business in a commercial condo building. I have had many poor experiences with laser ship. The most recent which is ongoing is a 100 pack of coffee filters. Says they were delivered on the 28th which was Friday as the second part of a shipment. The first part arrived on Thursday, ink cartridges for my printer. The problem I have had in the past is items are left somewhere and I can't find them in the building. UPS and FedEx know where to leave my packages if I am not there. Laser is never the same delivery man.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:19:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2013 5:26:33 PM PST
Zhao Way says:
Notice that we aren't allowed to return packages using Lasership. Gee, wonder why.

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 4:31:33 PM PST
Sheila says:
What a great idea! Are you an attorney willing to take this on?

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 5:26:36 AM PST
simone says:
My package from Amazon was three days late. On December 31st I checked the tracking status throughout the day and nothing was updated. I was home all day so I assumed this was another day without the package. The next day, January 1st, I checked the tracking status at 6:00 AM because I know sometimes tracking info is updated late. When I checked it said that the package was delivered at 1:00 PM on December 31st. It said it was signed for by "front door." The problem with this is that I was home the ENTIRE day and the buzzer never rang or my cell phone never rang.
Our apartment building only has one door as opposed to having a foyer with a second locked door into the building. I thought maybe someone in the building brought the package inside (we only have 6 apartments in the building). When I went downstairs there was no package inside or outside the building. If someone in the building accepted the package their name would be written down as the receiver. Instead "front door" means the shipping company is either stupid enough to leave a package on the SIDEWALK outside an apartment building or they never delivered the package to begin with. I believe it was the latter. I will request a different shipper next time I order anything from Amazon.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 11:51:46 AM PST
A. Rumbley says:
Ponied up for Amazon Prime. Ordered a plush weighted companion cube for a present. Chose 2 day shipping so the package would arrive on Monday (that's the whole point of Amazon Prime, right?). Called LaserShip and instructed that the driver call me when he got here. They claim at 3:13 my business was closed. I live in a residential area.... I was there all day. No knock. No notice. Nothing. What's the new ETA? 1-3 days from today.

Is there any way to remove LaserShip from the potential Amazon Prime options? I'm not paying $79 a year for a guy who thinks a house is a business to deliver my merchandise.

Though it does look like I'll be paying $106 total to get a tiny little package with a weeks shipping. Guess they saw me coming....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 5:01:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 11:47:02 AM PST
P. Ingram says:
A. Rumbley: Call Amazon Customer Service and tell them you want your full $79 back and Prime canceled unless they move LaserShip to the very bottom of the list of package carriers on your Amazon account. They can move LaserShip to the bottom, but it will only last for about a year according to other folks in this forum. Then you should get your packages via UPS, USPS, or Fedex for a year. Ask for a supervisor if necessary, but the Customer Service people are most always very nice and helpful. They are well aware of LaserShip's constant screwups. While you're at it, ask the Customer Service agent to report your incident to management.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 5:40:45 PM PST
I too am having a bad experience with LaserShip. I am a Prime member and lately have been getting two or three things a day delivered from Amazon. The one item that was ever shipped with LaserShip was supposed to arrive on Monday, 12/31, but it has still not arrived and the tracking info has not been updated for a couple of days. So LaserShip is 0 for 1. But all you guys should realize that people who receive their packages on time are not taking the time to post a comment. It is only someone who has a complaint that is posting here. So for every negative post there are probably many, many successful deliveries. Still, I would like my phone to arrive so I can plug it into my OBi that I received last Friday and that was delivered by UPS...

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 9:42:45 AM PST
P. Ingram says:
You'd probably be hard pressed to find many people to compliment LaserShip. Out of quite a few orders I placed early in 2012, only ONE arrived without any problems. They don't use hardly any professional delivery people with company trucks, just people they hire from who knows where to deliver packages in their own cars for little pay. I like to compliment people when they do a good job, but the good ones are few and far between at LaserShip.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 10:54:19 AM PST
Lou says:
My package was marked as delivered but never actually received it. Either they delivered to wrong address or package was stolen.
Not happy with LaserShip.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 11:45:52 AM PST
P. Ingram says:
Lou: Your package might be sitting at LaserShip waiting for a driver to deliver it. They will mark a package as delivered one or two days before they actually deliver it to make their statistics look good to Amazon. If you don't get your package by 2 days after Amazon says you should get it, call Amazon Customer Service and ask for a replacement via UPS Next Day Air (they often fill replacement orders that way). Or you can ask for a refund and make it crystal clear that you want a refund because of LaserShip's screwup (and tell the agent to let management know). Above all, CALL AMAZON, not LaserShip. LaserShip cannot be trusted.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Carrier Feedback forum (373 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  2251
Total posts:  4812
Initial post:  May 25, 2010
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 189 customers

Search Customer Discussions