Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Anyone else having trouble registering their PS3 today

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2012 6:10:08 PM PDT
Anne says:
I've been trying for the past several hours to register our PS3 with Amazon Instant Watch. I just get a spinning wheel of death and the message "Wait one moment while we register your TV or device with your Amazon.com account" It keeps going and going.....should I try a different code? Or is everybody on the planet trying to register their PS3s at the same time?

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:24:29 PM PDT
Rick says:
I have been having the same exact problem.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:45:21 AM PDT
Same problem here with 2 different devices.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 7:41:35 AM PDT
I uploaded the same app form my PS3 yesterday and experienced the same problem of slow streaming. This occurred with with both regular or HD movies. Ironically, I haven't had any streaming difficulties access and speed on my ROKU streaming the same material.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 7:58:01 AM PDT
I uploaded the same app form my PS3 yesterday and experienced the same problem of slow streaming. This occurred with with both regular or HD movies. Ironically, I haven't had any streaming difficulties access and speed on my ROKU streaming the same material.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:17:38 PM PDT
Had trouble with the first code, so I exited the app and retried it. Registration worked, but had trouble streaming video - got sound but just a spinning circle when trying to watch.

Ended up watching Netflix tonight ;)

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:23:51 PM PDT
Everything worked tonight, though it took 3 different codes for my PS3 to sync. Watching a Dr. Who episode now without any problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 3:10:34 AM PDT
How did you get it to work? I tried 3 different codes with NO luck! Amazon if you are going to release an app can you make sure it works first!!! Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 8:28:53 AM PDT
yeah i've tried registering it multiple times. since i've heard now that it streams slowly, i'm not going to bother since you can watch the same movie with a divided cost on a shared netflix account.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 4:51:56 PM PDT
I was having the same problem. I tried to register my ps3 from my computer as well as the ps3 itself. Neither worked. I got on the internet on my phone, went to the registration site, and entered the code that was given to register with. Worked like a charm on my phone. Didn't even take a minute. Now, I'm watching movies with no issues. Amazon really needs to fix this. This is going to frustrate everyone, and they will lose customers.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:27:03 AM PDT
kidcasco says:
I've tried 3 codes. Sometimes wheel of death and sometimes it just said the code was invalid. I think the system is easy enough to use but just doesn't work. At the same time, I had just registered my device, a sony bravia tv, with sony...so I'm thinking I need to give the various servers time to digest and will try later.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 4:41:49 PM PDT
Joseph says:
Incredibly frustrating experience with Amazon!!! About to cancel my Amazon Prime account because of this. Have tried to register my PS3 using FIVE CODES now - the spinning wheel of death each time. I used to have a lot of respect for Amazon. It's diminishing rapidly. AAARGGGHHH!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:19:03 PM PST
Fawna Wilson says:
Watching the wheel of death not and so glad i found this forum.. Guess stuck using amazon library on my computer.. It is an amazing and cheap site to watch shows and movies but could have more customers if they fixed the syncing ps3 problem!! Amazon is to big to have such a large issue unresolved!! Cant find a customer number to call either so at least i can voice the problem to them

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:19:04 PM PST
Fawna Wilson says:
Watching the wheel of death not and so glad i found this forum.. Guess stuck using amazon library on my computer.. It is an amazing and cheap site to watch shows and movies but could have more customers if they fixed the syncing ps3 problem!! Amazon is to big to have such a large issue unresolved!! Cant find a customer number to call either so at least i can voice the problem to them

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:50:45 PM PST
J. Douglas says:
Issue solved (at least for me). Was having the same trouble that everyone else described in this discussion, with the continual spinning wheel and not being able to complete the amazon prime registration. My solution was to leave the generated code (from the Amazon icon in the Sony setup screen) ON THE SCREEN. I had been pressing the "Return" button to get out of the "code screen" while it was flashing the code. Left it on that screen and then went to the Sony Essentials page, pressed "link to" for Amazon, which takes you to the Amazon screen. Input the code and it should work.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:54:52 PM PST
Xue Lee says:
ive been having a really hard time with this too, my damn ps3 is getting the wheel of death too wt the heck is amazon doing fix it already ima bout to cancel my prime

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 2:03:20 PM PDT
R. Moorman says:
Normally Amazon delivers in online ordering but wheel of death is the only thing I have seen on Amazon TV - Netflix provides a much better user experience by far. Amazon better get it together if they want to compete in this space.

Posted on Jul 21, 2013 6:00:50 PM PDT
ctf says:
I have the same problem with my new LG TV. I have tried several codes, and no luck

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2013 6:57:16 PM PST
This worked for me, thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2014 7:07:38 PM PST
Thank you!!!! Leaving the code on the tv while registering was the only thing that worked. You're a genius!!!

Helissa
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions