Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

"Service Error" on Sony Bravia

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2012 3:52:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 3:58:42 AM PDT
i cant open Amazon Instant on my Sony Bravia. Netflix, Hulu, and everything else work, but when i open Amazon, after the circle deal, the logo loads up fine (which never happens if theres a problem with the connection), but then it cuts to a screen that says: "Unfortunately, we're not able to complete your transaction. Please try again in a few minutes. If you have any questions please contact Amazon.com customer service at..(help url)"
i made no "transaction" im just trying to open it, and its been at least an hour
ive tried turning the tv off and unplugging it and waiting 5 minutes
ive tried refreshing the internet content(3 times now)
ive tried updating the software
i even tried turning my wifi off and on

dont know what else to do.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 8:40:48 AM PDT
Same issue here. SONY Bravia and Amazon Instant Video doesn't work. Might be a short term glitch.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 8:58:11 AM PDT
L. Mccaddon says:
Having the same problem on a sony blu ray.

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 1:30:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 1:34:54 PM PDT
welp, nevermind.. i guess they were updating everything because now its back up and it looks SO MUCH BETTER. (though i did leave my tv unplugged all night long, so if anyone else is still having this problem, thats the only thing i did that could have fixed it)
now theres a watchlist, and a button for more seasons of the same show so you dont have to search, and wow.. really... every minor petty problem i had with it has been solved. its equal to netflix now(or better).

but honestly, probably need to do a better job warning people of scheduled outages.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 7:52:50 AM PDT
Ganon Slayer says:
My TV was locking up last night when I was trying to start the Amazon Instant Video. It was a Sony KDL-52w-5100.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 4:13:36 PM PDT
Ganon Slayer says:
I am still having this issue! Very frustrating!

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 9:18:10 PM PDT
MJS says:
same issue - worked fine last night. I'm using a SONY Blu Ray BDP-S390
Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, etc. all are working fine
Amazon shows "A network error has occurred"

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 11:48:07 PM PDT
Having exact issue as previous post. All other apps that came pre-loaded on Sony Wifi BluRay player (Crackle, Netflix, YouTube) work fine. Amazon never, ever does - I just get error message saying Network Is Down. The MBps is at normal strength, then the Amazon "checking connection speed" green loading bar comes on which knocks the strength down to zero and then the dreaded network down error. Amazon has had to refund the movies I've rented as they never do play (this was all they could do for me, since their tech support had no ideas or suggestions as to why their movies don't play on my equipment). Very, very frustrating since Amazon's catalogue of classic films and British TV is so much greater than other services. I would drop Netflix and join Amazon Prime in a heartbeat due to the latter's better selection but I don't dare to do this until Amazon fixes what's wrong.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 3:46:52 PM PDT
etothex says:
I cannot access the Amazon app on my Bravia. I receive the same error "Unfortunately, we're not able to complete your transaction..." I have not made any.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 4:01:50 PM PDT
I had the same problem it drove me crazy. I finally reset my tv (Press the Power button on the TV while still holding down the Up Arrow button) and reregistered the tv with Amazon. Make sure after you put in the code you confirm the billing info on the next page and click confirm or whatever the button says
Good luck!

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 5:21:47 PM PDT
W. C. Daus says:
I tried resetting my Sony Bluray player and still no luck. Anyone find a fix?

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 5:21:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 8:24:52 PM PDT
UPDATE: Working now, after reaching out to Amazon via chat. Patience everyone, no need to reset.
Thanks, Amazon!

-----------------

Having same issue with Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray player. Has anyone at Amazon acknowledged this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 5:29:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 5:42:28 PM PDT
You have to redo the registration on Amazon.
I forgot to mention that you also have to unregister your device first then reregister it.
Get a new code from your tv (or dvd player) and try putting it in again. https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code?ie=UTF8&ref_=atv_device_code&

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:06:29 PM PDT
AMAZON FIX YOUR SHIT APP

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 7:41:57 PM PST
zuleyka says:
how can I add the amazon video app to my bluray????I need help

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:58:23 PM PST
Linda M says:
Changed my DNS's to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively and haven't had the issue since

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 9:28:20 PM PDT
Update (at least for me)...we just switched from DSL service to high-speed fiber service provided by our municipal government and now the Amazon Instant Video streaming on our Sony player works great. I hate to say it, but it seems that for us, it was simply that the AIV just didn't work with our too-slow connection. The NetFlix app always did, because it has a built-in video quality reducer that adjusts itself to slower speeds but I guess AIV has to have the higher speed to function properly. This may not help anyone else but for our house, getting faster internet was the answer.

Posted on Dec 14, 2013 9:44:15 PM PST
John says:
I had same problem last night on my Sony DVD. Called Amazon and they said they were getting a lot of calls with the same problem. Tonight I had to un-register the device. Then un-plug the DVD player from 110v then plug it back in, then re-register it with my computer. Now working great. At first I did not power cycle the DVD player and it would not let me re-register. After power cycle it let me re-register and all is good.

Posted on Mar 4, 2014 2:36:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2014 2:41:37 AM PST
P. Hagerty says:
I had this problem. Tried everything. What worked for me was to go online and sign into your sony entertainment network home page. Click on devices. Find the device you are having trouble with mine was "My Bravia TV". Click on the troubled device and Deactivate it. Then go back to your TV and re-register for amazon instant videos again. They will give you a pin number. Now go back to your computer online to the sony entertainment network page. Click on devices. Click on "activate an HDTV" or the device you are having trouble with. Enter the code. Now go back to your TV you should now be able to access Amazon instant videos. Once accessed on your TV make sure you sign in first to your amazon account using your amazon email and password on your TV remote control. Once you have done this your Amazon account will be linked and you can watch videos with no further problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2014 7:12:39 PM PDT
K. Smoak says:
mine is telling me "network error" but my network is fine and my amazon prime works fine on the computer. The sony is working with everything else. PLEASE FIX IT AMAZON!

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:16:58 PM PDT
Song BDP-S370

I just started getting this error tonight. We watched an Amazon Prime movie, then when we tried to watch a 2nd Amazon Prime movie, I got the "Network error". Repeated attempts to watch anything on Prime results in this error. Amazon Prime account is current.

Rebooting the DVD play didn't help. Nothing else on my end has changed.

I have not updated the firmware recently. When I go to update the firmware, it tells me it's "already updated". Player has M03.R.794 firmware. Connected via wired ethernet. Xbox 360 on same cable (via switch) works without issue.

Netflix works fine on the player. Amazon Prime video plays fine on Windows XP machine, Chrome browser.

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:20:26 PM PDT
Shirley says:
Same here. Netflix works fine, but Amazon has a network error. We have a Sony Bravia tv.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2014 7:39:52 PM PDT
VT Lee says:
Ditto here. Netflix & everything else is working fine on Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player, but Amazon Instant Video is getting a server error.

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 2:08:14 PM PDT
Michael Roth says:
I contacted Sony they say the problem is with Amazon Prime. Has anyone been able to contact Amazon to determine a date for the software patch?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2014 5:59:03 AM PDT
D Marchant says:
Have the same problem with my Sony bought today. It says the service is coming soon. Please try again later..anyone any ideas?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  44
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Aug 21, 2012
Latest post:  May 30, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions