BusinessSolutions Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Save on DIY Home Updates Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more
Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

How many titles are really available for Prime members

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2012 10:17:43 PM PST
Kloomnik says:
First, I can't believe that I have been a Prime member for several years, and only today (Feb 2012) found out about this free video streaming privilege. I visit Amazon very frequently (indeed, too much!), reading reviews and buying all sorts of stuff -- from a $8.00 CD to a $400 Toto toilet --- and they somehow managed to keep me from learning about it. Not an email message to Prime members -- nothing.

Now for my question. It says somewhere "Plus, Amazon Prime members have instant streaming of over 13,000 movies and TV shows included with their membership. "

But when I search, the total of titles (film and video) listed is about 3,600.
That's quite a discrepancy! Can anyone explain where 75% of the promised titles are hiding?

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:28:57 PM PST
Captain says:
Here's a hint: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy is listed in every single category and probably counts as twenty-some titles. This happens throughout the genres. And the selections are essentially the same as when this service began. It seems that the bulk of the offerings are TV listings as the movie titles cannot possibly be that numerous. Complaining about something that's free? Yeah, I am.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 12:58:47 PM PST
Lettuce Prey says:
I can see no evidence that the Amazon prime video content has increased. Same old titles, most of which are listed in multiple categories. This whole thing is a farce.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 2:01:07 PM PST
Oscar says:
I'm willing to bet they are counting each episode of all the available series. (Quite scandalous, I know...)

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:41:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 12, 2012 6:43:52 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:43:40 PM PST
Kloomnik says:
I tend to think the inflated number is due to counting individual TV episodes (not because a movie appears in multiple categories). I sent this question to customer service and received a reply that it requires "research" and will get an answer soon. Will update this community.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:51:52 PM PST
Rebecca says:
I'm wondering if I should subscribe just to netflicks for streaming and amazon prime. I'm pretty much a novice. If I buy a wi-fi blu-ray player will that work with netflicks?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions