Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

Watchlist on Vizio?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 241 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 14, 2012 3:18:57 PM PDT
Karen says:
Is there a way to access my Watchlist through Vizio?

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:56:19 PM PDT
Sondra P says:
I was wondering the exact same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 2:54:17 PM PDT
Dave Schuler says:
Same here. Searching for content included with Amazon Prime is a pain in the butt on the Vizio Amazon Instant Video app.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 6:29:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2012 6:31:19 PM PDT
Karen says:
I contacted Amazon and learned that this service is NOT currently available through Vizio. I requested it be added, and I suggest others do the same by contacting Amazon directly - I'm not sure anyone from Amazon monitors this forum. (Glad to know others are in the same boat, though!) Watchlist access HAS been added to some other services in response to direct customer requests, so I am hopeful....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 2:21:31 PM PST
Ms. JD says:
Agreed. Aggravating to have to go through the A-Z listing to get back to shows that I'm watching. Also very difficult to sort via free content. I haven't figured out a way to sort and see only free content on my Vizio prime account.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:35:49 PM PST
Same feeling here. I wind up watching Netflix more than Amazon just because I can actually go through my queue without having to search for something again that I have already found by searching on my computer. Pretty hard to understand why Amazon/Vizio can't do this when it is available on my sons' PS3!

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:57:03 PM PST
Karen says:
Again, I'd encourage others to contact Amazon directly - they may or may not monitor this forum, but if enough customers ask for it, they could provide what we want.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:12:15 PM PST
Spudman says:
I have the same problems on Vizio. Netflix is much easier to use on the Vizio and I can access my amazon watchlist on Roku too.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:33:43 AM PST
Chet Day says:
Same problem here. I'll probably cancel my trial membership if Amazon doesn't get this fixed before the trial runs out. Netflix is far superior in ease of queuing thinks to watch.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:50:50 AM PST
Spudman says:
Or get rid of the TV like I almost did until I got the picture improved. Wish I'd read about this shortcoming in one of the reviews. It'll certainly be mentioned in mine. In the meantime have fun with Netflix.

spudman

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 12:05:05 PM PST
Chet Day says:
I've been super pleased with the Vizio TV picture during the 13 months that I've had the set.

With that said, the Vizio apps are certainly substandard compared to the apps that come with the Roku on our other TV. That's still no excuse for Amazon not doing what's necessary to get the Wishlist working with Vizio since a LOT of people own Vizio sets.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 9:40:32 AM PST
Just a ditto ............ watching a lot of Netflix since installing our new "smart" Vizio TV.

You have to drag out your PC, log in, review your watchlist and then search for them all over again on the TV. The spelling navigation is awful!

To be slightly fair, the Vizio smart blu-ray player we also got has a full alpha keypad on the remote so I may try using that. I just didn't want to set up the connection on every single device...........

I have already also sent an email to the 'avod' account even though as search and contextual inference tech leaders Amazon ought to be able to gauge impact via these posts.........

tuneplayer

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 12:35:34 PM PST
Hope Amazon is listening because I am frustrated with the same issues discussed above. We need to be able to access our Watchlist through Vizio TV and also through other devices such as Samsung Galaxy II. Amazon is really a pain when having to scroll through A-Z when we could simply add the movies we want to watch using our PC, and then have access to our Watchlist on Vizio TV & Samsung Galaxy II type devices. Amazon ... are you listening?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 3:07:04 PM PST
Karen says:
Though I agree with Tuneplayer, above, I doubt that Amazon is monitoring this forum. Again I'd suggest that we ALL contact customer service directly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316&qid=1357167922&sr=1-1
If they get an avalanche of requests, they're more likely to act on them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013 3:12:24 PM PST
Chet Day says:
Good idea, Karen. I just sent my email to customer service pointing out that I plan to cancel Prime just before the free trial expires if Amazon doesn't get the Watchlist function working with the Vizio TV app.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:50:18 AM PST
Agreed. We need the watchlist on Vizio

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:58:08 AM PST
Chet Day says:
I wrote to Amazon customer service and received a prompt reply telling me my suggestion to get the Watchlist function working on the Vizio app would be passed on to the appropriate person in the appropriate department. I believe that translates into "I'm passing the buck with this reply. Don't hold your breath the Vizio app getting fixed any time soon."

Vizio is equally responsible for this lack of Watchlist functionality, I might add. Vizio's apps are basically lousy and few and far between, especially when compared to the apps one can use and enjoy with a Roku box.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 7:51:41 AM PST
H. Roberts says:
I have two Vizio 'smart' TV and a Sony 'smart' Blu-Ray DVD player. The problem is not Amazon's it is the Vizio Amazon application. The Sony DVD/TV Amazon app works just like it does with Netflix and I can access my Amazon Watch list in the same manner as I do my Netflix instant queue. I am going to contact Vizio to request they update their Amazon app to make it more user friendly. I suggest you all do the same to add validity to the request. I don't do FaceBook or Twitter but this link allows email contact and also gives FaceBook and Twitter contact information. http://store.vizio.com/contacts/ On a different note I do prefer Vizio's Netflix app over the Sony DVD app.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2013 11:02:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 11:03:50 AM PST
Karen says:
Thanks for providing the link - this is a great idea...it does make more sense to bark up the Vizio tree. http://store.vizio.com/contacts (Leave off the slash after "contacts" if you get a broken link.)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:45:22 AM PST
I agree and have contacted BOTH Amazon and Vizio several times about adding watchlist access to their Amazon Apps used on Vizio TVs. While I get very courteous and respectful responses it always ends up "that they will inform their technical team" but nothing concrete on when it will be available. Frustrating to say the least. As good as Amazon is, it surprises me that they don't use Netflix as the example and try to match or exceed the user friendly features of Netflix

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 7:48:40 PM PST
Gretch says:
I am thinking of getting another wifi tv and I think I will avoid vizio next time around. I do not find them very supportive. I have brought this watchlist matter to them before and they basically blew me off. I currently have a vizio wifi tv. It fully supports Netflix but not Amazon. Amazon has nothing to do with getting the watchlist feature in the TV. Its vizio's job to do it since its their tv.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 7:52:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 7:53:28 PM PST
Gretch says:
Bob, you are right. I have a Sony Media Player and it fully supports amazon. I use it in my non-wifi tv and I get all the amazon features there. As you said, amazon really has nothing to do with getting the watchlist in to the vizio. Its vizio's job to get it done. I think their lack of response is a marketing ploy to force ppl to buy a new tv.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:56:08 PM PST
Gretch says:
Can someone her share with the forum if they a wifi tv that fully supports amazon? Obviously not a vizio I'm guessing.

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 2:49:08 PM PST
Ditto on the need to easily access the Watch List.

I see there is a favorites star in the App but I don't see any way to access or set favorites. I was hoping perhaps I could set a watchlist item to be a 'favorite'.

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 7:32:18 PM PST
Yes, please add the watchlist to vizio.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  86
Total posts:  241
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 29 customers

Search Customer Discussions