Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

When Amazon Instant Video @ Latin America ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2012 2:49:59 PM PDT
Alvaro Munoz says:
When will Amazon announce their "Amazon Instant Video" services in Latin America ?

Currently, Netflix is running and growing in Latin America.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:56:31 AM PDT
Isildur says:
Yeap, When????!!!!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:14:38 PM PST
Rodolfo Diaz says:
When Amazon?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:57:06 AM PST
Rodrigo says:
When wil be available in Latam?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:41:53 PM PST
Nander says:
yes, when amazon, we have the same rights that U.S residents, some of us pay for amazon prime memberships

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:18:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 8:28:41 AM PST
Amazon does not have intention of bringing the video service to latin america because they still dont see any worth of investing billions of dollars like netflix just to get under 10 million subscribers(under 10 million for all latin america, that's simply awful for any streaming company), remember, the same catalog that you get on netflix will be the same on amazon, because each country has their own rights of what to watch because of licensing and language subtitles and dubs and hollywood contracts. Where did i get this stuff from? well after many emails to amazon about this subject they simply said: we still dont have any streaming options on the horizon for the rest of the americas any time soon" this was back on august 2012, so you get the picture.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:57:34 AM PST
people... i think that it is available now...

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 8:30:04 AM PST
i don't see any difference, it still says i'm out of the US, you cannot watch. Neither amazon's home page says nothing about it or engadget or gizmodo.

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 11:26:31 AM PST
R. Luna says:
Any update regarding Amazon Instant Video available in Latin America? i've been trying to install it in my smart TV but i can't even find the app.

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 1:30:04 PM PST
Pablo says:
news?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2014 11:58:59 AM PDT
Still no latin america, it's not supported, unless you use a router that can support USA VPN like DD-WRT + OPEN VPN. Google it or youtube it.

Posted on May 2, 2014 1:44:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2014 1:45:34 PM PDT
Alvaro Munoz says:
Amazon should pay more attention to this opportunity in Latin America.

Three of the popular players in Latin America are: Netflix, MovieCity Play and ClaroVideo. However, for the moment, only Netflix provides a more popular platform on many devices and an easy way to get it.

There are many Amazon Prime's users on Latin America.

I hope that you can take a look to our region... help us to get access to your eXcellent content.

Posted on Dec 11, 2014 5:19:52 AM PST
s. borges says:
Well, guess I still be using Pirate Bay & Demonoid.....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  May 29, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions