Customer Discussions > Amazon Instant Video forum

How do I download my movies and shows on to my Android tablet? (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 5:21:08 PM PDT
John Egbert says:
Please help.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:44:39 PM PDT
what are you using to view the video on the tablet?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:54:38 PM PDT
Sorry after rereading the question I don't think you can download the videos only stream. though if somebody else knows I would like to be able to watch something on my wifi only tablet on the road.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 7:11:33 PM PDT
"Prime Instant Videos
To find a Prime instant video, Amazon Prime members can browse Prime titles on the Video store homepage or search for a specific title in the search bar and look for the Prime logo. Tap Watch Now for instant playback while connected to Wi-Fi.

While Prime instant videos are not available for download, the same videos are generally available for rental and/or purchase and can then be downloaded for offline viewing. For Prime instant video eligibility details and more information, visit http://www.amazon.com/help/primevideo."

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:11:42 PM PST
Becky Koski says:
can I watch movies I've purchased as a download (not a physical dvd or blu ray disc) through Amazon on my wii?

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 8:03:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 8:06:07 PM PST
Shelley P says:
There's another thread on this, but there is no Android App that allows you to stream any Amazon videos--Prime or purchased.

Amazon created an app for iPad, and will also for Windows 8. But it doesn't think Android users are worthy.

May I suggest Netflix and Google Play?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 11:59:23 AM PST
Leslie says:
Thanks. I guess I will start streaming on google or netflix. Amazon is not andoid friendly. I am not buying a kindle fire. My son already has one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 12:00:03 PM PST
Leslie says:
Thanks. I guess I will start streaming on google or netflix. Amazon is not andoid friendly. I am not buying a kindle fire. My son already has one.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 5:58:49 PM PST
I was able to stream movies on my nook tablet using the full amazon site. It was fantastic! Now that my tablet is rooted to be an android... I can't. Nook prompted me to download an equivalent to Adobe flash 11.0. It's still on my tablet - why can't I stream amazon movies anymore from the full site? Why is Amazon ignoring the many, many android users.

Posted on Mar 9, 2014 12:58:32 AM PST
Perhaps android users should boycott amazon since they discriminate against android tabs but allow ipad users to download videos. I spend a LOT of money on amazon. I'd bet the quickly growing # of android users do too. They won't do anything until it hurts their bottom line.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Amazon Instant Video forum

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions